Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
mirko86 said:
Im here 2 and half yrs,i m still working at the same company .I have translated driver licence from back home,i cant swap :( Thanks
Here in BC at least they force you to give up your license to get a new one. You have to prove at least 2 years of driving history either with a drivers abstract or if the issue date is on your old country's license. Sorry I don't know if reqs for Alberta are the same, if they will take your license or not, I'm sure one of you Albertans can answer that.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Aquakitty said:
Here in BC at least they force you to give up your license to get a new one. You have to prove at least 2 years of driving history either with a drivers abstract or if the issue date is on your old country's license. Sorry I don't know if reqs for Alberta are the same, if they will take your license or not, I'm sure one of you Albertans can answer that.
Ontario also forces you to turn in your old license and prove a minimum of 2 years driving history to 'swap' license straight across.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
Aquakitty said:
They will take the licence, with mine they submitted it for a review of my experience. If your home country has no reciprocal licencing agreement with Alberta you still need to take the driving test, the review of experience will determine if they can bypass the GDL system.

All the details are on the Service Alberta website (wouldn't let me post the link)

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
Hi, All

I am new here. Need advise regarding Spousal Sponsorship. I am a Filipina and engaged to my Canadian boyfriend. We are planning to have the wedding next year and taking plans ahead with the sponsorship. After series of research on how will I get to Canada once I & my boyfriend got married, I found out that being married is easier way to be there in Canada. Setting aside the time coz we all know that processing time for all of the Visas which ever applied have different timeline or time frame depending on the circumstances.

Moving forward, once got married and we will already set to apply for spousal sponsorship, would there be a complication say my boyfriend has an injury assistance (I don't exactly know how you call it though, some sort of social assistance). Will this affect the sponsorship? In my case, there is no problem with assets coz I have my own properties and have my job here in the Philippines, which I can show the consular official once asked. Once got married, I wanna be with him and start a new life together, but with such circumstance will this affect the Spousal sponsorship application once we have it applied? Just wanna take things ahead. Maybe there is another way to get there though like FSWP or Express Entry Program.

Please advise.

Thanks and best regards,
Lucky

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
luckyhirang said:
Moving forward, once got married and we will already set to apply for spousal sponsorship, would there be a complication say my boyfriend has an injury assistance (I don't exactly know how you call it though, some sort of social assistance). Will this affect the sponsorship? In my case, there is no problem with assets coz I have my own properties and have my job here in the Philippines, which I can show the consular official once asked. Once got married, I wanna be with him and start a new life together, but with such circumstance will this affect the Spousal sponsorship application once we have it applied? Just wanna take things ahead. Maybe there is another way to get there though like FSWP or Express Entry Program.
To qualify to sponsor you, your boyfriend cannot be on social assistance / welfare. However if he is receiving disability support payments - that is OK an he will still qualify to sponsor you.

It's possible you may qualify to apply for PR through one of Canada's economic immigration streams. You'll have to research these programs to see if you qualify. (FYI: To apply for FSWP you must now first apply through Express Entry.)

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
long story short: over the last 2 months I called CIC 4 times regarding the same issue. Got 4 different responses. Only one of them can be right. Therefore, when you call in expect most of what they tell you to be useless bullshit. The one thing they most often agree on and nail every time is: "nothing can be done" :-\

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
Hi, scylla!

Thanks for your immediate reply. Greatly appreciate your response. This will help a lot. I will also discuss this with my boyfriend.

Regarding the Express Entry Program, I will definitely check on it. I think one of the important thing I will consider is time. Applying for this program are its requisites. Like IELTS and the like. I will still schedule this though and for other document requirements are already with me. I will try my best to comply with all the requirements and will update you along the way.

Thanks you for the advise. I will keep in touch still.

Best regards,
Lucky

reynold21

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with aplication
Med's Request
22-04-2014
Med's Done....
05-05-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2014 recieved: aug 27, 2014
LANDED..........
mid november =)/ nov 12, 2014
KelseyTVS said:
Unfortunately CIC requires you to live together for 12 months straight. Either you will have to go to the Philippines for 12 months or your partner will have to come to Canada for 12 months. The other option would be to get married and then you wouldn't have to worry about living together for the required amount of time. Staying apart from your partner in Canada to have a good job or a better quality of life is unfortunately not considered a "real barrier" to your living together, so you would not qualify under the Conjugal Partnership class either.
thanks kelseytvs for your respond to my question though it sucks... now i have to sell everything i just bought here and buy tickets for me and my daughter. so we're going to start from scratch again and do it for immigration purposes? i thought cic doesn't like it? doing things for immigration purposes?..anyway we're going to continue our application but we're not really expecting positive to happen but who knows? what is impossible to a man is possible to God :)

luckyhirang

Jul 15, 2015
Manila, Philippines
hcseeker said:
long story short: over the last 2 months I called CIC 4 times regarding the same issue. Got 4 different responses. Only one of them can be right. Therefore, when you call in expect most of what they tell you to be useless bull*censored word*. The one thing they most often agree on and nail every time is: "nothing can be done" :-\
Hi, hcseeker!

Actually that's the problem of my boyfriend. He even went to the CIC Office somewhere in Windsor last year but to no avail. The guard just told him to apply online or email his queries online. It was really frustrating but don't stop. This is the reason why this forum is created. Though we all have different experiences and circumstances in dealing with the VISA Programs of Canada Government, we have the same reasons for applying though. With the experience of one here in the forum, we can see some solution. :)

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kangamoose said:
They will take the licence, with mine they submitted it for a review of my experience. If your home country has no reciprocal licencing agreement with Alberta you still need to take the driving test, the review of experience will determine if they can bypass the GDL system.

All the details are on the Service Alberta website (wouldn't let me post the link)
Im just thinking maybe i will have problems because my sin is expired

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
mirko86 said:
Im just thinking maybe i will have problems because my sin is expired
I'm not sure if the SIN will be a problem. The problem will be that are on implied status so you have no documentation to prove your legal status in Canada. Your best bet is to speak to your local registry office where you'd take the test, they will be able to tell you what you need to do.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kangamoose said:
I'm not sure if the SIN will be a problem. The problem will be that are on implied status so you have no documentation to prove your legal status in Canada. Your best bet is to speak to your local registry office where you'd take the test, they will be able to tell you what you need to do.
Thanks,u are right :) i will check and tell here maybe will help :) And people here ask can they still work,yes they can if they apply before work permit expire.Thanks

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
VatoQChopeful said:
Hey everybody!
I have a question and hopefully somebody here will have an answer! :D

I am a US citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We were married March 2015.I'm currently living in the US and he is in Canada. We are planning on applying for PR through spousal sponsorship. Here is the problem.... In August of 2008 I was arrested for DUI. This is my first and only criminal offense. I completed my my sentence of 1 year driving restriction, VASAP class, and fines August of 2009. I know that I have to apply for criminal rehabilitation but my question is this - Should I apply for Criminal Rehabilitation first or can I submit the criminal rehabilitation application WITH my application for PR? I have read that you can apply for TRP and Criminal Rehab at the same time, but haven't found anything about PR and Criminal Rehab. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks in advance! :)

My Hubby has an active TRP, issued for three years..I say took 3 years to get and he say s 2.5 year....We sent in our PR application in April 2014...his TRP expires Sep 2015 , so we sent in another application to New York for rehab even though he has been deemed Rehab by both time( 10 years plus) and CIC,...June 2015 we rec'd a request from CIC LA they want an entire new TRP/Rehab application, fees and all....when we told them there was an application in New York they said they would request the file from them..as per case notes, they still have not requested that info...We two could not find anything on PR and Rehab so we have been treating them as two seperate things until we are told what hoop to jump through by CIC...

Canuck61

Jul 22, 2015
Considering withdrawing application - opinions?

Need opinions to make an informed decision.
Me- Canadian citizen male, reside in Canada (sponsor)
Her- British citizen, reside in Scotland (applicant)

I'm going to put this in point form and spare the details.

Application sent April 11, 2014
Application received April 22, 2014
Sponsorship approved June 25, 2014
Request for additional information received December 10, 2014
Additional information sent January 10, 2015
Updated information on website indicates "started process July 14, 2015"

Would it be prudent at this time to withdraw the application and have her come visit me in Canada and then extend her stay to prove "living together" for one year and then re apply?