15 Apr 2015
Passport Req..
23 Jul 2015; IN PROCES: 28 Jul 2015: DM: 6 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
19 Sept 2015
lonobear said:
Hello! Pareho tyo ng Timeline. Sana PPR na sooooon!
Wow! Yes sana PPR sooon! Lets update each other :) i follow the Manila Visa Office thread as well as the May 2015 outland.

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby_2481 said:
Hi guys,

Greetings. Please can anyone answer my questions below just for me to have an idea if we are not waiting in vain. Thanks in advance guys.

My wife worked as a caregiver in Canada sine 2010. I am here in Doha Qatar and we got married last July 2012. When we got married she is holding a work visa permit only. Then right after our marriage she applied for the Permanent resident visa and she also passed my application. She has a UCI no which states that her application was received only in January 2013 and started processing only last May 2014.

Now here in Doha I received an email form the Abu dhabi embassy last Sept 2014 with the following details.

"You have been identified as a family member/dependent of an in-Canada applicant for permanent residence. As a result, you must be assessed for eligibility and admissibility whether or not you will be accompanying the in-Canada applicant. A visa may or may not be issued to you at the end of the processing even if it has been established that you meet all statutory requirements.

In order to initiate the processing, family members/dependents living abroad must submit a completed application to the nearest Canadian Visa Office. In this case, your application will be processed at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Please note that as of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. Please submit all the required forms and supporting documents in the attached checklist.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (90) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you submit documents by courier and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/information."

After reading this letter from the Embassy I gathered all the documents and submitted them last November 2014. So far I haven't heard from them and even though I have sent them a couple of follow up emails they have only responded through auto reply.

I havent even done my medicals yet as well.

Should I be doing something or can I call them at least?

Thanks,

Toby
>>>Hi Toby... We exactly have the same case. My fiancee applied for Permanent Residency and got married while her application is on process. After updating her marital status and declaring me as her dependent to be sponsored, I received the same email from the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Previous timelines of my wife's application has been changed. May 2013 - Immigration received her application for PR. If not of our marriage, she was expecting her case to be finalized May 2014. As indicated on the ECAS, our case started to process on March 2014- A month after her submission of spousal sponsoship for me. April 2014 when I received the initial email from the Abu Dhabi VO indicating my UCI # and all the documentation requirements they need for the processing of my application. No Saudi Police Clearance nor Medical Examination yet are needed as per the instruction on their email. I did not received any acknowledgment from the embassy since submission of my requirements on July 2014- ECAS status is In Process from then on until I received an email from the immigration last February 2015, an email instructing me to undergo medical examination in the embassy approved panel physician. The email contains a medical examination form with barcodes, indicating your name, application number and UCI #. The same month when ECAS update indicates -Medical Results have been received. It was only last June 9 when immigration sent an email instructing me to obtain Saudi Police Clearance, that needs to be submitted within 60 days together with the English translation of the clearance report and a copy of my valid passport, which I already submitted a week before Ramadan holiday. I dont exactly know what will be the next step coz I myself don't really have that much idea about the processing. I just keep on patiently waiting with lots of prayers.. and while enjoying my work here in KSA of course. It was really a long process and waiting game as much of the forumers here had stated.. Perhaps, you may consider requesting the transfer of your VO to Manila VO since your application has just started, considering the fact that lot of forumers said that Manila VO process much faster than Abu Dhabi VO. In my case, just like my wife told me, our case is already on its final stage (hopefully & Godwilling) and definitely irrelevant if we request for VO transfer.. Our application have gone this far and we are just fervently praying and hoping for the best... afterall,patience paid off and its really worth the wait... I just hope I gave you even just a bit overview of the application process since we have the same case.. Goodluck & Godbless!! ;)

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bladeguard said:
>>>Hi Toby... We exactly have the same case. My fiancee applied for Permanent Residency and got married while her application is on process. After updating her marital status and declaring me as her dependent to be sponsored, I received the same email from the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Previous timelines of my wife's application has been changed. May 2013 - Immigration received her application for PR. If not of our marriage, she was expecting her case to be finalized May 2014. As indicated on the ECAS, our case started to process on March 2014- A month after her submission of spousal sponsoship for me. April 2014 when I received the initial email from the Abu Dhabi VO indicating my UCI # and all the documentation requirements they need for the processing of my application. No Saudi Police Clearance nor Medical Examination yet are needed as per the instruction on their email. I did not received any acknowledgment from the embassy since submission of my requirements on July 2014- ECAS status is In Process from then on until I received an email from the immigration last February 2015, an email instructing me to undergo medical examination in the embassy approved panel physician. The email contains a medical examination form with barcodes, indicating your name, application number and UCI #. The same month when ECAS update indicates -Medical Results have been received. It was only last June 9 when immigration sent an email instructing me to obtain Saudi Police Clearance, that needs to be submitted within 60 days together with the English translation of the clearance report and a copy of my valid passport, which I already submitted a week before Ramadan holiday. I dont exactly know what will be the next step coz I myself don't really have that much idea about the processing. I just keep on patiently waiting with lots of prayers.. and while enjoying my work here in KSA of course. It was really a long process and waiting game as much of the forumers here had stated.. Perhaps, you may consider requesting the transfer of your VO to Manila VO since your application has just started, considering the fact that lot of forumers said that Manila VO process much faster than Abu Dhabi VO. In my case, just like my wife told me, our case is already on its final stage (hopefully & Godwilling) and definitely irrelevant if we request for VO transfer.. Our application have gone this far and we are just fervently praying and hoping for the best... afterall,patience paid off and its really worth the wait... I just hope I gave you even just a bit overview of the application process since we have the same case.. Goodluck & Godbless!! ;)
>> I overlooked the information that you have already submitted your requirements since November last year... and as with my case, it took barely 7 months of not hearing anything from them since I forwarded my application requirements on July 2014.. until I received their instruction for Medical Examination on Feb. 2015. I did not even sent a follow up or inquiry email to the Abu Dhabi VO. I'm pretty sure, you will be hearing from them very soon. Keep on praying, it helps a lot.

reynold21

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with aplication
Med's Request
22-04-2014
Med's Done....
05-05-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2014 recieved: aug 27, 2014
LANDED..........
mid november =)/ nov 12, 2014
hello everyone,

my common law and i lived in one roof for only 10 months in the philippines and i had to come back here in canada to work, we already have a baby in she's here in canada too, i always read that if you did not live together for 12 continious months you are not considered as common law,so what are the options do we have? should i go back to the philippines and live together for 12 months just to prove that our relationship is genuine?it doesn't make sense to me.. it means i have to sell everything i have here in canada and quit my job and settle for less in the philippines.or... can we continue our application? can i explain my situation to immigration officer? i need your opinions or suggestions. thank you!

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reynold21 said:
hello everyone,

my common law and i lived in one roof for only 10 months in the philippines and i had to come back here in canada to work, we already have a baby in she's here in canada too, i always read that if you did not live together for 12 continious months you are not considered as common law,so what are the options do we have? should i go back to the philippines and live together for 12 months just to prove that our relationship is genuine?it doesn't make sense to me.. it means i have to sell everything i have here in canada and quit my job and settle for less in the philippines.or... can we continue our application? can i explain my situation to immigration officer? i need your opinions or suggestions. thank you!
Unfortunately CIC requires you to live together for 12 months straight. Either you will have to go to the Philippines for 12 months or your partner will have to come to Canada for 12 months. The other option would be to get married and then you wouldn't have to worry about living together for the required amount of time. Staying apart from your partner in Canada to have a good job or a better quality of life is unfortunately not considered a "real barrier" to your living together, so you would not qualify under the Conjugal Partnership class either.

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
It is submitted that I am PR in Canada and sent documents of my spouse for family sponsor on 15th May 2015 and received e mail from CIC that my file is under process since 15th June 2015. currently, processing time for approval of " Person who is sponsoring " is 55 Days, which matured on 10th July 2015. But , till date I have not received any response from CIC. I am worried why CIC has not contacted me since processing time has already lapsed. please guide me as to whether my application has been approved or not ????

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fawadnew said:
It is submitted that I am PR in Canada and sent documents of my spouse for family sponsor on 15th May 2015 and received e mail from CIC that my file is under process since 15th June 2015. currently, processing time for approval of " Person who is sponsoring " is 55 Days, which matured on 10th July 2015. But , till date I have not received any response from CIC. I am worried why CIC has not contacted me since processing time has already lapsed. please guide me as to whether my application has been approved or not ????
If it has been longer than the processing time on the website (which it has been) you should contact the CIC Call Centre 1-888-242‑2100

andyre1985

Mar 28, 2014
hey i wonder if you guys can help, i came to canada with my girlfriend from new york city she is canadian and im hoping to stay in canada as a permanent resident

i have for the past 25 months worked illegally in canada, although paying taxes will this affect any application ??

im a british national who came to canada in june 2013 i initially stayed 3 months left for a week and came back for 6 months and then in march i again left for a week and upon return i was giving a final visitor visa for 6 months and at the end i was to leave canada

i did not and overstayed that order by nearly a year now

im done of being illegal i have lived with my canadian girlfriend for over 2 years now and wish to start a sponsorship visa will i encounter any problems

will i be able to apply for awork permit during this time ??

any advice would be welcome

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
andyre1985 said:
i have for the past 25 months worked illegally in canada, although paying taxes will this affect any application ??
im a british national who came to canada in june 2013 i initially stayed 3 months left for a week and came back for 6 months and then in march i again left for a week and upon return i was giving a final visitor visa for 6 months and at the end i was to leave canada
im done of being illegal i have lived with my canadian girlfriend for over 2 years now and wish to start a sponsorship visa will i encounter any problems
No one can tell you for certain if working illegally will impact your application or not. However it is entirely possible it will take longer for CIC to process your application and/or they may require an interview since your illegal work and illegal status in Canada may cause them to look into your relationship a bit more closely to ensure it's genuine. Whether you've paid taxes or not makes no difference. If the work is illegal - it's illegal. It does without saying that you should stop working illegally asap. Assuming your girlfriend sponsor you using the "inland" (within Canada) process, you will qualify for a work permit once your application has first stage approval. First stage approval is currently taking 16 months to complete for standard applications. So you can expect to wait 16 months from the time the application is submitted until you have an open work permit.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
andyre1985 said:
hey i wonder if you guys can help, i came to canada with my girlfriend from new york city she is canadian and im hoping to stay in canada as a permanent resident

any advice would be welcome
Overstaying as a citizen of a first world country is a fairly minor offence, but I can't comment on the working part, did you actually work for someone inside Canada? Or were you doing some kind of remote work? Since you paid taxes you can't hide this, it's best just to be honest at this point (edit: How did you pay taxes with no SIN?).

For the record, my husband overstayed by a large amount several times, and we only got a lecture on it once. For his PR, though he was out of status we went the outland application route and everything went smoothly. However he never worked illegally.

khalidmeraj

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Islamabad, Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application couriered: 1st Jun 2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
This is Khalid from Pakistan and My Fiancee is PR, Living in Canada since 18 Aug 2014.
Our marriage is planned December 2015...
We are planning that SHe will stay with me in Pakistan and in parallel She will apply for my immigration as spouse!!

What are the limitations and restrictions in our case????

Many Thanks for your time.

rebecca1987

Nov 19, 2013
please guide me,

I hold Canadian PRship and after two months of PRship i came back to India and got married (guy does not have PR), i have my card. its been six months since i havent gone back to Canada. now i have to go back to Canada. Can someone please guide me how should i go about for spousal sponsorship. My plan of action is to go Canada, search for a job, and file for sponsorship. do i have another option?

I was also planning to file tourist visa for my husband before i submit his papers for sponsorship. does it have good chance to get rejected? As the sponsorship thing takes too much time.

StuckInChina

Jun 4, 2014
Just curious if anyone else is out there from CHINA waiting on the visa. My wife's status changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE after a full 10 months of waiting. Now it seems as though nothing has happened for the last 3 weeks.

I'm a Canadian citizen, born and raised in Canada, both my parents have signed papers pledging support of my spouse and myself. I have a letter of employment among other things, everything was done by a lawyer so it was all very neat and well done. It seems as though Hong Kong is on vacation or something though as my wife and several other girls in her chat group went to DM and then just heard nothing. I've since had to return to Canada to renew a driver's license but I usually work in China as an English Teacher. I'm sort of anxious to stay at home permanently but I don't know what to do. If she is refused I will opt to live in China with her but obviously we'd much rather be at home with my folks in Canada.

Can someone tell me what might be going down, is there anyone in China currently waiting on this thing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rebecca1987 said:
I hold Canadian PRship and after two months of PRship i came back to India and got married (guy does not have PR), i have my card. its been six months since i havent gone back to Canada. now i have to go back to Canada. Can someone please guide me how should i go about for spousal sponsorship. My plan of action is to go Canada, search for a job, and file for sponsorship. do i have another option?

I was also planning to file tourist visa for my husband before i submit his papers for sponsorship. does it have good chance to get rejected? As the sponsorship thing takes too much time.
You'll have to return to Canada before you can submit the application to sponsor your husband - and you will have to remain in Canada while his application is being processed (although short trips of 3 weeks or so outside of Canada are fine). You don't need a job to sponsor your husband - but you cannot be on welfare/social assistance. The process for sponsoring your spouse can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Yes - unfortunately it's quite likely a TRV will be refused if he applies. However you can certainly try.

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I just want to give you an update. I got my Open Work permit Yesterday July 21, 2015. I sent my Application last April 9, 2015.

Good luck everyone:)