Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-16-2015
AOR Received.
04-21-2015
My husband is in Canada with me, I'm a Canadian citizen by birth. We applied inland, as that is what we had been told to do by a company that provides immigration services. I didn't find out until the day after we applied that we could have applied outland while he's in Canada.

We submitted the work permit extension application with the PR application, so he's currently in "implied status" while working. Would he have been able to continue working if we had applied outland rather than inland?

We would like to visit his family in Brazil, but it seems like a risk while waiting for his PR. In order to return to Canada he would need a tourist visa, which we could apply for. Would this be the case regardless of whether or not we had applied inland or outland?

Do we have any recourse here? Should we withdraw our inland application and apply outland? Will this allow him to continue working AND allow him to travel outside Canada?

Thanks!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
jmarie said:
My husband is in Canada with me, I'm a Canadian citizen by birth. We applied inland, as that is what we had been told to do by a company that provides immigration services. I didn't find out until the day after we applied that we could have applied outland while he's in Canada.

We submitted the work permit extension application with the PR application, so he's currently in "implied status" while working. Would he have been able to continue working if we had applied outland rather than inland?

We would like to visit his family in Brazil, but it seems like a risk while waiting for his PR. In order to return to Canada he would need a tourist visa, which we could apply for. Would this be the case regardless of whether or not we had applied inland or outland?

Do we have any recourse here? Should we withdraw our inland application and apply outland? Will this allow him to continue working AND allow him to travel outside Canada?

Thanks!
The OWP is only available to inland applicants. He would need a visa to return to Canada in any case, and those are not always approved. If he decides to go home, and his visitor visa is refused, then his inland application will be considered abandoned, and you will have to restart from scratch outland. If you apply outland and his visitor visa is refused, the application continues as usual.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmarie said:

Thanks!
Also, he is only under implied status as a worker, if he did NOT have an IEC/CEC work permit or [possibly] a PGWP, as those are NOT extendable.

akshya314

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Husband submitted the PR visa for me in December and I'm planning to visit him for few months through Tourist Visa.
Can someone please tell me
1. if I apply for Tourist Visa, will it impact the PR visa? ie will the PR visa process slow down since I'm going to Canada as a tourist?
2. Does the tourist visa have any connection to PR visa?
3. If my tourist visa gets rejected by any chance, how soon can i reapply? and will the rejection impact the PR Visa?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
akshya314 said:
My Husband submitted the PR visa for me in December and I'm planning to visit him for few months through Tourist Visa.
Can someone please tell me
1. if I apply for Tourist Visa, will it impact the PR visa? ie will the PR visa process slow down since I'm going to Canada as a tourist?
2. Does the tourist visa have any connection to PR visa?
3. If my tourist visa gets rejected by any chance, how soon can i reapply? and will the rejection impact the PR Visa?
1. Applying for a TRV doesn't affect your PR application, especially since it's already submitted.
2. There isn't a connection between TRV and PR
3. You can reapply immediately if the TRV is rejected, but usually it is a good idea to update or fix whatever it is that they didn't like with the application for TRV to begin with. Applying for a TRV when PR app is already submitted can be even more difficult to get because they VO knows you want to stay in Canada permanently. It is a double edged sword. But worth a shot! Good luck!

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
hi everyone

Ive been following this post for a while its been very helpful and informative.

my situation is as follows im sponsoring my husband and we are going through the Ankara VO, at the end of November my husband had his interview which seemed to go ok, the VO was very professional and my husband had the impression that it went well. day after we went into In Process on ECAS we did receive an email in December about updated Police clearance which we sent out the next day, what worries me is we haven't heard anything since then and our ECAS has not been updated to medicals received..... this has been a long process for us going on 13 months just miss my husband so much

kamila_26H

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Alberta
redrose786 said:
can somebody explanin it tome...who is the applicatant ? and whi is the spoonsor?
thanks
applicant is the person you're sponsoring or bringing to Canada. And sponsor is the person in Canada like Permanent Resident/Canadian Citizen. I hope that clears it up a little bit
:)

dhang729

Aug 5, 2014
Good day everyone.

I became a PR august, 2014. I went back in my home country december, 2014 and got married and came back to Canada on the same month.Can I be able to sponsor my spouse right away?. We've been busy gathering all documents needed for the sponsorship but I was advised that I couldn't do so because we've just been married for a month. Is this true?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
dhang729 said:
Good day everyone.

I became a PR august, 2014. I went back in my home country december, 2014 and got married and came back to Canada on the same month.Can I be able to sponsor my spouse right away?. We've been busy gathering all documents needed for the sponsorship but I was advised that I couldn't do so because we've just been married for a month. Is this true?
That's false. There is no waiting period after marriage. You can apply immediately once you've gathered all of the documents and proof and filled out all the application papers for both spondor and applicant.

dhang729

Aug 5, 2014
thank you for that information. I really appreciate it. Do i need to inform CIC regarding the change of my marital status before I start the application? If Yes, How Can i Contact CIC on this matter? and what are the necessary documents i need to submit?. thank you so much

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
dhang729 said:
thank you for that information. I really appreciate it. Do i need to inform CIC regarding the change of my marital status before I start the application? If Yes, How Can i Contact CIC on this matter? and what are the necessary documents i need to submit?. thank you so much
What do u mean, tell CIC about your marital status? When you submit your application, one of the documents that must be included is your marriage certificate. Here is a link to the application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp
You will apply either INLAND or OUTLAND. They have some different application papers.

markareader

Jan 13, 2015
Northern ireland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
Doc's Request.
11-11-2015
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-1-2015
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
DM 17/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 03/01/2016

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dhang729 said:
Hi tink. yes, should i need to notify CIC about my current marital status. Thank you
No - you don't need to notify anyone.