File Transfer...
19 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Remed 21st september
Med's Done....
1 August 2014
Interview........
Inprocess since 14th august
Hii wats next aftr sponsorship approval and how long is the waiting period going to be???

ulsterman82

May 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

so i have been approved for my visa, but my wife who is the sponsor is pregnant to which we didn't know when we submitted the application in september and she is due around the end of June. I plan to land in early may been looking to see if we have to declare the pregnancy all i have seen so far is so long as i arrive before the baby is born. Quite tempted to send an email but im a little worried that could throw a spanner in the works. can any of the visa pros on here give me a run down on the the what ifs?? Ie if the baby is born early and im stuck across the atlantic, would they really delay my visa or anything like that?

thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ulsterman82 said:
Hi everyone,

so i have been approved for my visa, but my wife who is the sponsor is pregnant to which we didn't know when we submitted the application in september and she is due around the end of June. I plan to land in early may been looking to see if we have to declare the pregnancy all i have seen so far is so long as i arrive before the baby is born. Quite tempted to send an email but im a little worried that could throw a spanner in the works. can any of the visa pros on here give me a run down on the the what ifs?? Ie if the baby is born early and im stuck across the atlantic, would they really delay my visa or anything like that?

thanks
There isn't a need to let the visa office know about the pregnancy until the baby is actually born. It may help proving a genuine relationship though (although I guess, anyone can get pregnant).
Your wife is the sponsor, and is she in Canada? If she is Canadian or gives birth in Canada as a PR, the baby will be Canadian, so it won't be a huge hurdle to update the visa office at that time, as the baby won't have to be sponsored, so it won't delay the sponsorship besides just updating the family make up.

ulsterman82

May 24, 2014
tink23 said:
There isn't a need to let the visa office know about the pregnancy until the baby is actually born. It may help proving a genuine relationship though (although I guess, anyone can get pregnant).
Your wife is the sponsor, and is she in Canada? If she is Canadian or gives birth in Canada as a PR, the baby will be Canadian, so it won't be a huge hurdle to update the visa office at that time, as the baby won't have to be sponsored, so it won't delay the sponsorship besides just updating the family make up.
Thanks for that! most appreciated! She is already in Canada! At least, now i wont have to worry about having to explain why i have baby clothes and equipment in my bags! :D

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
Hello everyone! Can I travel WITHIN Canada while my sponsorship papers are being processed? I believe I am allowed to this, so long as I don't leave Canada right? My husband is worried because I do not hold a Canadian passport, and we plan to visit a relative from another province. Many thanks.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ulsterman82 said:
Thanks for that! most appreciated! She is already in Canada! At least, now i wont have to worry about having to explain why i have baby clothes and equipment in my bags! :D
It shouldn't be a problem at all! Just to be sure, if the baby is born before you are granted PR and land as a PR, you still need to update the visa office, as your family has changed, it just won't be a very difficult process as your baby will be Canadian and won't need to be sponsored. Congratulations! And good luck!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
xxxma3dl said:
Hello everyone! Can I travel WITHIN Canada while my sponsorship papers are being processed? I believe I am allowed to this, so long as I don't leave Canada right? My husband is worried because I do not hold a Canadian passport, and we plan to visit a relative from another province. Many thanks.
Yes, this is not an issue at all! If it is going to be an extended vacation for quite a while, you might want to update CIC with the address you will be staying at. If it is just a vacation, then you will be fine! CIC usually sends things by email, but just in case, make sure you have someone pick up your mail when you are away, in case they send you something!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
xxxma3dl said:
You will not have a problem travelling with in Canada no matter if you are PR or a Citizen.

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
tink23 said:
Yes, this is not an issue at all! If it is going to be an extended vacation for quite a while, you might want to update CIC with the address you will be staying at. If it is just a vacation, then you will be fine! CIC usually sends things by email, but just in case, make sure you have someone pick up your mail when you are away, in case they send you something!
It's just a for a few days, maybe a week max. Maybe I should bring the visitor visa extension approval in case they check my passport stamp?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
xxxma3dl said:
It's just a for a few days, maybe a week max. Maybe I should bring the visitor visa extension approval in case they check my passport stamp?
A week will be no issue. You don't get a stamp when travelling within Canada, and since it is so short a time, u don't even have to tell CIC as they won't have any issue contacting you. Have fun!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
xxxma3dl said:
A week will not be a problem, CIC usually contacts you by email (hope you keep checking) or even if they do by mail you will be back.

I was away outside the country for about 23 days while waiting for SA for my wife and we got SA without a problem

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
draxz1289 said:
A week will not be a problem, CIC usually contacts you by email (hope you keep checking) or even if they do by mail you will be back.

I was away outside the country for about 23 days while waiting for SA for my wife and we got SA without a problem
thank you very much! :)

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
tink23 said:
A week will be no issue. You don't get a stamp when travelling within Canada, and since it is so short a time, u don't even have to tell CIC as they won't have any issue contacting you. Have fun!
Ok, thank you very much :)

dylanjoel

Jan 14, 2015
We are planning to elope in Mid-March in Mexico and I'm just getting the paperwork together. To my awareness, we must first have the necessary documents(birth certificates, I'm from the US and she's Canadian) translated into Spanish, Notarized by the nearest Mexican Consulate and then Be 'Legalized' in the country where you live by the appropriate organization / authorities

I found a few websites that translate and legalize but are charging $200-$300 per document, which Seems outrageous.

Does anyone have any previous experience with this or any further information?
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.