canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
oxygene78 said:
my application to extend my visitor visa can get refused ?
if do have an implied status as i sent my PR application in july 2014 ?
i am scared if i get deported ?
please help thanks
Yes, it's possible that your visitor extension can be refused but provided you showed proof of sufficient finances, it will most likely be approved.

No, submitting a PR app doesn't give ANY form of status in Canada.

You won't be deported if you follow instructions. If the extension is refused, CIC will tell you to leave Canada and you must comply; if you don't, that could leave to being deported.

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
Praying and hoping soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Hi..Im a FSw PR planning to apply sponsorship for my Husband and son in the coming months once i get back to Canada. Kindly answer my queries.

I am single when I got PR last APR 2012 and got married AUG. 2012 but failed to update Immigration that I got married because Im still outside Canada and planning to permanently settle on March 2015.

Can I sponsor them even I didnt comply yet my residency obligation of staying 2 years in Canada?

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
emolotrav said:
I think your papers we're already in Warsaw, and probably they had just started processing it. Just think positive. You're lucky coz you already have a file number. In my case, I haven't received any response from them. And 2 months has already passed by.
Thanks for the reply,,uh:) hope so:)

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
draxz1289 said:
If you were able to check earlier, either the site was down when you had checked or you made a typo while putting it in.

Did you check it again?
Thanks for the reply,,yeah,I checked it again,,,,again the same...:(((

jmaus

Jan 31, 2015
great info Leon,

Just have a question about the inland our outland option for submitting the application

I currently permanently reside in canada under the working holiday experience visa which does not expire until 2016

what do you mean i can pick outland or inland??

from your post i think outland will suit me most but i do not intend to go back to australia to await approval...can i just submit it when i am there on holiday and then fly back in the case of an interview while remaining in canada for the majority of the time???

Thanks for your help. i hope this made sense

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
jmaus said:
great info Leon,

Just have a question about the inland our outland option for submitting the application

I currently permanently reside in canada under the working holiday experience visa which does not expire until 2016

what do you mean i can pick outland or inland??

from your post i think outland will suit me most but i do not intend to go back to australia to await approval...can i just submit it when i am there on holiday and then fly back in the case of an interview while remaining in canada for the majority of the time???

Thanks for your help. i hope this made sense
Yes, you can stay in Canada while applying OUTLAND. If your working holiday visa expires before your PR has been granted, you can change your status to visitor and wait in Canada. I believe the Australian visa office is fairly quick, so you might not even have to worry about that because you may have PR before that even happens. Also, since Australia has a quality of living and economics similar to Canada, there isn't a large chance that they will call u for an interview for fear of marriage of convenience, so u probably won't even have to go to Australia for an interview.

jmaus

Jan 31, 2015
Thank you so much!

do i have to be in Australia to submit it or do i mail everything from canada to sydney??

If i do have to go back to Aus, is there a certain time frame i must stay there for??

THANK YOU!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
jmaus said:
Thank you so much!

do i have to be in Australia to submit it or do i mail everything from canada to sydney??

If i do have to go back to Aus, is there a certain time frame i must stay there for??

THANK YOU!
No, don't mail it to Sydney! Everything (sponsor part, applicant part, and all proof/ documents) is sent to Mississauga. There, they ensure nothing is missing, and assess the sponsor part of the application. Once the sponsor has been approved, then they will send it off the the Sydney office. You can mail it from wherever. Canada, Australia, it doesn't matter.

If you go back to Australia there isn't an amount of time u need to wait before returning to Canada. If you're returning as a visitor, just make sure you state that you are visiting (not moving ) and it shouldn't be a problem. Of course if you still have your valid holiday working visa, then u shouldn't have any issues at all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
radfellow said:
I am single when I got PR last APR 2012 and got married AUG. 2012 but failed to update Immigration that I got married because Im still outside Canada and planning to permanently settle on March 2015.

Can I sponsor them even I didnt comply yet my residency obligation of staying 2 years in Canada?
If you landed as a PR in April 2012 and married in August 2012, there was no need to update Immigration on your change in marital status.

If you return in March, you will have spent less than 3 years outside of Canada and will still be able to meet the RO and be able to sponsor them. If you spend more than 3 years outside of Canada before returning, you will not meet the RO and not be able to sponsor them until you have remained in Canada for a full 2 years. There is also the possibility that you could lose your PR status as well.

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Thank you so much for the reply sir. One more question is can I sponsor them immediately or is it necessarily to get a job first, if so the date of my application to sponsor might affect my RO of 2 years(less), will they reject the application?

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
When adding the children to your application to sponsor your spouse can you wait for medical to be requested

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
lonelydreadswife said:
When adding the children to your application to sponsor your spouse can you wait for medical to be requested
to sponsor your spouse? yes u can wait but its also advisable to send it upfront because its speeds the processing instead of vo puting ur file aside waiting for ur medicals

kona_boy

Feb 1, 2015
Hello everybody, I have a bit of a situation I'm trying to resolve. I have done a search and haven't found the exact answers yet so I'm posting here for some help.

I'll try to keep the story to the point.

I entered Canada on a Working holiday visa from Australia in mid-2011, visa expired in mid-2013. I didn't get my paperwork together in time to renew the work visa (stupid I know) so I just stayed on and worked. My employer didn't question anything so I just stayed on. Around this same time I met my GF and we moved in not long after. In November 2014 I found my drivers licence expired and to renew this you need a valid work permit, at which point I knew the jig was up.

We had both planned to move to Australia for a while before any of this happened and we lodged her spousal visa application (me being the sponsor of course) in December 2014. She is still in Canada waiting for this to process while I left in January 2014 to continue working in Australia

We both want to move back to Canada as soon as possible as we both very much consider it home however I have absolutely no idea how to go about the process due to my overstay. We are considered common-law partners however getting officially married is not off the table if it were to make a difference to the situation.

I goofed up pretty bad, especially considering the job and lifestyle I had but I'm not here for sympathy, just advice on how to remedy my screw up.

Many thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
radfellow said:
Thank you so much for the reply sir. One more question is can I sponsor them immediately or is it necessarily to get a job first, if so the date of my application to sponsor might affect my RO of 2 years(less), will they reject the application?
Provided you return to Canada before the 3 year mark, you can sponsor them immediately, as long as you can show that you will be able to support yourselves without welfare. You can use savings, investments, your husband's income and income potential once he comes to Canada, your income potential in Canada, letters from family pledging support etc.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kona_boy said:
Hello everybody, I have a bit of a situation I'm trying to resolve. I have done a search and haven't found the exact answers yet so I'm posting here for some help.

I'll try to keep the story to the point.

I entered Canada on a Working holiday visa from Australia in mid-2011, visa expired in mid-2013. I didn't get my paperwork together in time to renew the work visa (stupid I know) so I just stayed on and worked. My employer didn't question anything so I just stayed on. Around this same time I met my GF and we moved in not long after. In November 2014 I found my drivers licence expired and to renew this you need a valid work permit, at which point I knew the jig was up.

We had both planned to move to Australia for a while before any of this happened and we lodged her spousal visa application (me being the sponsor of course) in December 2014. She is still in Canada waiting for this to process while I left in January 2014 to continue working in Australia

We both want to move back to Canada as soon as possible as we both very much consider it home however I have absolutely no idea how to go about the process due to my overstay. We are considered common-law partners however getting officially married is not off the table if it were to make a difference to the situation.

I goofed up pretty bad, especially considering the job and lifestyle I had but I'm not here for sympathy, just advice on how to remedy my screw up.

Many thanks in advance.
You can't really remedy the situation besides being completely honest and telling CIC everything. You will have to tell them that you were in Canada and that you were working illegally past the expiration date of your working holiday visa. Don't leave any of it out, as not mentioning the overstay is what could cause you more issues! They will frown but look past the overstay and illegal working if you are upfront about it, but if u were to leave it out or lie, it will cause u huge issues and u will then be labelled as misrepresented yourself, which is grounds for refusal (and will cause u more issues if u apply for PR in future years).

So be upfront and honest about everything regarding your overstay and illegal work! And though maybe they might look more closely into your application, at the end of the day, the PR should be granted. Since you're from Australia, there is typically less worry about marriage of convenience, so as long as everything else is straight forward, in the end, you will most likely still be approved for PR.