Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
Hi everyone,

I sponsored my husband, and I checked at ECAs, noticed that my first name was misspelled. Will this delay the processing of my husband's application? His file is already transferred to the VO last OCT/NOV 2013. Pls advise me on what to do. Thanks!

arravv

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi All,

Can any please reply to my question?

I am PR holder in Canada and wanted to sponsor my wife by end of January. I am planning to get my wife to canada in August 2014.
With the current processing times being 12months for "India", she won't be getting her PR. Can I apply Visit visa and get my wife while PR is under process?

Thanks a lot,
Arravv

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
arravv said:
Hi All,

Can any please reply to my question?

I am PR holder in Canada and wanted to sponsor my wife by end of January. I am planning to get my wife to canada in August 2014.
With the current processing times being 12months for "India", she won't be getting her PR. Can I apply Visit visa and get my wife while PR is under process?

Thanks a lot,
Arravv
You can try, but CIC generally won't grant a TRV to a spouse because they don't believe the spouse will leave Canada at the end of the visit. Thus, you would need to show substantial ties to India in order for them to grant one.

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
Hi,
Please do we need to download and fill up the part 3 when downloading the forms for spouse sponsor?

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ManpreetSondh said:
it's been long time now..........i have sent my spouse visa file to mississauga by Xpress Post and they received it on 9th Dec.. but i have received no information regarding my file from them yet..........m so upset and confused.......plz smbdy do tell me from where can i know smthing............reply soon if smbdy has same case........thnx.

my wife sent sponsorship apcations to CPC on nov 27 th but we got our descision made after 43 days instead of the promised 28 days.i guess it maybe coz of the christmas and new year holidays

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
Hi everyone, I have a question. Hope someone can help me out with this. My husband is sponsoring me and he was already approved, from Mississauga, my papers were now sent back to Manila- visa office who will be processing my application for PR. My question is, my husband will be going on vacation June of this year (2014) we will be attending the wedding of my sister. IF by that time I don't have yet my PR visa, will it still be ok for him to go on vacation despite that? I've read somewhere that the sponsor must stay in Canada the entire time of the sponsorship process. We figured, since he won't be leaving Canada for more than a month (actually, the vacation will just be for 2 weeks), we figured that was ok. He was planning that IF by the time he went home for vacation and they issue me my visa, he'll wait for me and we'll go back to Canada together. We just want to make sure if his taking a vacation is really ok. :)

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aribc said:
Hi Guys
I was wondering if some seniors with proper knowledge can help me out.
I have my PR and I plan to get married officially in late March 2014, Since Im going back home for short visit and official marriage and ceremony over there and because I can not stay too much over there, we plan to make everything as fast/efficient as we can.
So the question is can she perform the medical exams before our marriage certificate officially gets granted?
Or the panel physician needs marriage certificate before any examination.
then if she performs the medical exams before the date of marriage certificate, wouldn't be any problem in future for our application in case if officer doubts about the trusty of our documents, I mean date issues.
Thanks guys

its better to do medicals after the marriage

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princessice said:
Hi everyone, I have a question. Hope someone can help me out with this. My husband is sponsoring me and he was already approved, from Mississauga, my papers were now sent back to Manila- visa office who will be processing my application for PR. My question is, my husband will be going on vacation June of this year (2014) we will be attending the wedding of my sister. IF by that time I don't have yet my PR visa, will it still be ok for him to go on vacation despite that? I've read somewhere that the sponsor must stay in Canada the entire time of the sponsorship process. We figured, since he won't be leaving Canada for more than a month (actually, the vacation will just be for 2 weeks), we figured that was ok. He was planning that IF by the time he went home for vacation and they issue me my visa, he'll wait for me and we'll go back to Canada together. We just want to make sure if his taking a vacation is really ok. :)
if the sponsor is a citizn then the sponsor can travel abroad, but if he is a PR then he cannot.contact cic if its an emergency journey

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kKingkKilla said:
Hey I won my adr on nov 22 2013 for wife's sponsorship
Received agreement papers and was told will be sent back to islamabad for continue processing

Everything is expired medical police and quebec selection
What to do now wait intill they ask for it or just sent them in

And last she already 4 month pregnant do you guys she will be here in 4 month cause I think you cant get on plane after 8 or 7 month
Thanks in advance
hi,
how many days it took to get the selection certfcate for ur spouse from quebec? we just got the descision made from cic and yet to send documents to micc for a selection certificate

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lucasvilla said:
Hello senior,

Am sponsoring my wife, i sent all her document to CPC. but i didn't pay RPRF yet, someone told me it compulsory to send with all the application package... I don't know if this is true or not.
if u want u can pay the permanant resdnc fee in advance..if u dont pay it in adv then the cic wil ask for it in a later stage

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hi am there said:
if the sponsor is a citizn then the sponsor can travel abroad, but if he is a PR then he cannot.contact cic if its an emergency journey
He must continue residing in Canada. A vacation or business trip is generally not an issue, but if the length of the trip is more than 2-3 weeks an officer might question it.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hi am there said:
if u want u can pay the permanant resdnc fee in advance..if u dont pay it in adv then the cic wil ask for it in a later stage
Deferring it can add additional time (up to 4 months) to processing an outland application.

pogox

Jan 7, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried or know if it's allowed to land in Canada on renewed passport as opposed to the old passport information that's on COPR?

Applied for outland sponsorship in March 2013, and received our COPR in November 2013. We're extremely excited that the process was fast :) I booked a ticket to have my wife join me from Korea on Feb 28, 2014 as her COPR will expire in Mar 5th, 2014. As per condition 51 on COPR for PR, we must live together in Canada for two years from when she received PR. Ironically, two years from Feb 28, 2014 is exactly when her passport is set to expiry on Feb 28, 2016. We were hoping to renew her passport before she arrived but not sure if immigration will allow as the newly issued Passport # and Expiry does not match COPR document. I've tried to email CIC but the response was typical in that information can be found on website. Unfortunately, I've had no luck in finding the information pretaining to my situation. We've called Passport services in Korea and mentioned that upon renewal and request, we could have them attach a photocopy of the old passport to the new passport but cannot retain passport #. Do you think that is sufficient for immigration?

One last thing, for the condition of PR. Does that mean she cannot leave canada for 2 years? We were hoping to travel outside Canada for a couple of weeks, maybe go in a year after she landed.

I found so much reliable information on these forums, couldn't have successfully completed our application without it.

Thanks,
pogox