Spousal sponsorship

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
toutesweet said:
Where is over there? Do you know how long your estimated wait time is? Medical is only good for a year, same for police clearance. We made the mistake of doing them both before we applied. Medical does not take long. Get it closer to the due date of your estimated wait time or when they request it. Depending on the country, your criminal records check is much more likely to take up time. Don't waste time and money by getting out too soon.
Thanks
You are right, I called CIC yesterday, they just told me that I have to perform both medical and Police certificate after official marriage.
Cheers

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi Friends
Do you know if the sponsor or the spouse need to submit their passport with their application
I know it sounds crazy, but in IMM5491 its an option
also since Im sponsor the copy of my PR card would be enough in my application or I have to get the certified copy !!

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
aribc said:
Hi Friends
Do you know if the sponsor or the spouse need to submit their passport with their application
also since Im sponsor the copy of my PR card would be enough in my application or I have to get the certified copy !!
The sponsor doesn't need to submit their passport at all. The spouse will submit their passport when CIC requests it.

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
Hello seniors,

When downloading the forms to sponsor spouse, there is Part 1 forms for sponsor, Part 2 forms for sponsored and there is part 3.
Is there any need for part 3 to be fill and submit to cic ?
I think the part 3 is required for those who are sponsoring children with spouse...

icer

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
23-Nov-2013
Hi!
I have just received my passport with PR visa which was issued on nov 2013. Now I am planning to land Edmonton in the month of march-April 2014. I am planning to get married soon. How can I able to take my spouse to Canada before or after I land Canada. Can any one please suggest what will be the process my visa office is New Delhi.
Thanks in advance.
Icer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
icer said:
Hi!
I have just received my passport with PR visa which was issued on nov 2013. Now I am planning to land Edmonton in the month of march-April 2014. I am planning to get married soon. How can I able to take my spouse to Canada before or after I land Canada. Can any one please suggest what will be the process my visa office is New Delhi.
Thanks in advance.
Icer
If you get married AFTER you land and become a PR, then you will follow the process explained in the first post of the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

If you get married BEFORE you land, then you must return your PR visa to NDVO and let them know that your family composition has change and you are now married. You must then complete all of the paperwork to add your wife to your application. Your wife will also have to pass the medical and background/security checks. Once your wife's forms have been processed, both of you will be issued a new PR visa which you can then use to land. If you get married before you land, it's very very important that you do not land using the visa you have now but instead follow the steps above. If you land using the visa you have now, then you will never be able to sponsor your wife and may have your own PR status revoked due to misrepresentation.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
icer said:
Hi!
Thanks in advance.
Icer
Just to be totally clear, and Scylla correct me if I'm wrong,, you could come, land, then get married and apply for your wife as a PR and go through the whole waiting process during which if I'm not mistaken you must remain in Canada (this is the long and separated way), or get married and advise of the status change.
What you absolutely cannot do, is get married, come on that visa that you have, and then apply for your wife to join you. That is considered misrepresentation and earn you a world of hurt.
I myself do not know how long of a delay getting married before and declaring your status change will take or if theres any risk in it, though I doubt it, but on the bright side, Edmonton's cold in March/April!! You could stand do delay a bit.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
aribc said:
Hi Friends
You don't need a certified copy of your PR card. They can validate it quite easily.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
toutesweet said:
Just to be totally clear, and Scylla correct me if I'm wrong,, you could come, land, then get married and apply for your wife as a PR and go through the whole waiting process during which if I'm not mistaken you must remain in Canada (this is the long and separated way), or get married and advise of the status change.
What you absolutely cannot do, is get married, come on that visa that you have, and then apply for your wife to join you. That is considered misrepresentation and earn you a world of hurt.
I myself do not know how long of a delay getting married before and declaring your status change will take or if theres any risk in it, though I doubt it, but on the bright side, Edmonton's cold in March/April!! You could stand do delay a bit.
Basically, yes.

More important than misrepresentation (which CIC seldom pursues) is that if the OP lands without declaring the correct family composition, the family member is not eligible to be sponsored. Ever.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toutesweet said:
That's right. Once the visa has been issued, if there is a change in family composition such as getting married, this renders the visa invalid. You can NOT land on a visa you got as a single person if you got married in the meantime.

Two options:

1) Land, then go back and get married, then go back to Canada and sponsor spouse. As a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor. However, India is fairly fast, expect a few months processing.

or

2) Get married before landing, do NOT land, return visa to visa office and ask to add spouse, wait for both visas and land with spouse once both visas are issued. Expect some delay because they will have to do background checks and medicals for the wife. If the wife fails either one and can not get a visa, you will not get one either.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Hello everyone, again... :)

Filling out my forms and had a few unclear things running through my head.

1-When it asks for additional family information, do I need to fill this out or is it only if I have my family accompanying me?
2-It also asks for police certificates/background checks for all my family, once again is this if my family is accompanying me? It's just myself, so would that be the only one I need to include?
3-When asking for photos of family do I include all my family regardless if their applying or not?
4- Last entry into Canada- I cross often and frequently to visit my husband (job flexibility :)! ) So am I allowed to cross even after submitted or do I need to add some additional info stating I do cross frequently?
5-Whats considered a national identity card?
7-It asks for information on dependents including my spouse whom has children (my step kids) would I need to add them or not, it states only if their not citizens which they are. It sounds pretty explanatory but I want to make sure to ask just in case.

This is all on the generic form for applying in Canada paperwork. Also, any American's (or anyone that can help) have an idea if you can get something from the IRS or the Secretary of State stating previous address or jobs, my memory is failing me and I can't remember dates!

Thanks so much in advanced!

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
toutesweet said:
The sponsor doesn't need to submit their passport at all. The spouse will submit their passport when CIC requests it.
thank you so much for prompt response

catchtejal

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks one and all for giving me moral support, a ray of hope through this tough time. I wish everyone a speedy DM/IP.God bless all!! :D :) :) :)

My application has our lawyers canadian address for corrkspondence. Hope they still send it to my permanent address. How long does it usually take to receive the passport

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
hey guys,
yes, they have received my documents in mail. The Canadian immigration of Singapore called me (I'm sponsoring my wife) and took a short interview over phone. they will email my wife and let us know their decision.

Does anyone has any idea what will happen next? will they call my wife in Bangladesh in phone? Please pray for us.