Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pogox said:
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried or know if it's allowed to land in Canada on renewed passport as opposed to the old passport information that's on COPR?

Applied for outland sponsorship in March 2013, and received our COPR in November 2013. We're extremely excited that the process was fast :) I booked a ticket to have my wife join me from Korea on Feb 28, 2014 as her COPR will expire in Mar 5th, 2014. As per condition 51 on COPR for PR, we must live together in Canada for two years from when she received PR. Ironically, two years from Feb 28, 2014 is exactly when her passport is set to expiry on Feb 28, 2016. We were hoping to renew her passport before she arrived but not sure if immigration will allow as the newly issued Passport # and Expiry does not match COPR document. I've tried to email CIC but the response was typical in that information can be found on website. Unfortunately, I've had no luck in finding the information pretaining to my situation. We've called Passport services in Korea and mentioned that upon renewal and request, we could have them attach a photocopy of the old passport to the new passport but cannot retain passport #. Do you think that is sufficient for immigration?

One last thing, for the condition of PR. Does that mean she cannot leave canada for 2 years? We were hoping to travel outside Canada for a couple of weeks, maybe go in a year after she landed.

I found so much reliable information on these forums, couldn't have successfully completed our application without it.

Thanks,
pogox
She really should land on the original passport. She can renew her passport once she is in Canada via the Korean Embassy or Consulate (http://can-ottawa.mofa.go.kr/korean/am/can-ottawa/main/index.jsp) - Embassy is in Ottawa, Consulates are in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Note that the passport renewal information is only on the Korean language version of the website, not the English language version.

There are no restrictions on her travel. To maintain PR she must be able to meet the 730 day residency obligation prior to the five year mark. Once she has been a PR for five years, she must be able to meet the 730 day residency obligation in the past five years. Time spent outside Canada with her spouse/partner counts towards the residency obligation.

So she does not have to remain in Canada for two years. She is not a prisoner. Even if she went to Korea for a while to visit family, as long as your relationship has not been terminated the conditions of her PR would be satisfied.

Rickoz

Jan 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am Canadian and my wife is South African. She is currently teaching English in China.
We are starting the paperwork for her PR now. The processing times for PR's in South Africa is 21 months.

But, since she is now residing in China she could choose to get her PR processed at the office in Beijing. Correct?
The processing time in Beijing is 9 months.

Her contract is over in August and she would be going back to South Africa.
The application will have been in for about 6 months by that point. Leaving about 3 more months to go.
Would there be a problem with the application being processed in Beijing if she is no longer residing in China?

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Rickoz said:
Hi everyone,

I am Canadian and my wife is South African. She is currently teaching English in China.
We are starting the paperwork for her PR now. The processing times for PR's in South Africa is 21 months.

But, since she is now residing in China she could choose to get her PR processed at the office in Beijing. Correct?

The application will have been in for about 6 months by that point. Leaving about 3 more months to go.
Would there be a problem with the application being processed in Beijing if she is no longer residing in China?

Thanks.
Could she return to China if required to do an interview? If not, it's a serious risk.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Rickoz said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
I thought that in order to have an application processed in a country other than your home country you had to have a valid visa to said country for a minimum of 1 year remaining? I could be mistaken about this fact.

However, you should keep in mind that even if you do select Beijing, they can and will send her application to the location of their choosing which might mean back to SA.

bharat1369

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
I am having a work permit in Canada till Oct 2015 and working with an IT company since April 2013,
Recently I went back to India for my marriage and returned back to work, and now I would like to sponsor my wife on my dependent.

I wanted to know what best I can do? Will she get approval for the visa?
How much money balance I have to show in Canada and how much balance she should show in India?
What are other requirement like any special documents that is needed from my side or from my wife's side to be submitted to immigration office.

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
anyone know anything about a phone interview call from singapore immigration?

Hello guys,
I sponsored my wife from Bangladesh about a year ago. I received a call from Singapore immigration and had a phone interview with them. after the phone talk they told me that they will notify my wife in email after reviewing the file. Did anyone faced this before? how long will it take them to let us know their decision? it's already been 3 days since I did the phone interview. Please co-operate with your experience in this matter or give me the answer if you know. Being tensed feel really horrible at this stage after waiting for long one year.

ManpreetSondh

Dec 24, 2013
cic is now accepting parents and grand parents applications...........so they are working on them not on spousal applications ...........is it true.....?

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
ManpreetSondh said:
cic is now accepting parents and grand parents applications...........so they are working on them not on spousal applications ...........is it true.....?
I dont think that is true, because they are reviewing my file now. I sponsored my wife. they called me for phone interview 3 days ago and told me that they will let my wife know their decision after reviewing our file. still waiting for their decision though... figures crossed; eyes pealed!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ManpreetSondh said:
No - not true. Why would you think that?

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
scylla said:
No - not true. Why would you think that?
Dear Skylla,
looks like you are more experienced in this immigration process.. can you help me out?

I sponsored my wife from Bangladesh about a year ago. I received a call from Singapore immigration and had a phone interview with them. after the phone talk they told me that they will notify my wife in email after reviewing the file. Did anyone faced this before? how long will it take them to let us know their decision? it's already been 3 days since I did the phone interview. Please co-operate with your experience in this matter or give me the answer if you know. Being tensed feel really horrible at this stage after waiting for long one year.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Saied said:
Dear Skylla,
looks like you are more experienced in this immigration process.. can you help me out?

Normally she would hear within a month.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: anyone know anything about a phone interview call from singapore immigration?

Saied said:
Hello guys,
As i understand you are the sponsor so why did they interview you what kind of question did they ask? I think the first action is to request your wife 's passport. May be that you are in the final stage
Good luck

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
computergeek said:
Normally she would hear within a month.
wow.. that long? hmm.. Thank you Scylla. Your reply ease my worries a little, but still 27 days to peal my eyes for :(

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
Re: anyone know anything about a phone interview call from singapore immigration?

remonda said:
As i understand you are the sponsor so why did they interview you what kind of question did they ask? I think the first action is to request your wife 's passport. May be that you are in the final stage
Good luck
I wasn't expecting that either. but I received a call from them 3 days ago, asking questing about my wife, our marriage, that if she can speak good English or not. to me it seems like they were trying to verify if mine is real marriage or not... Hope I satisfied them. Pray for us please.