29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Re: anyone know anything about a phone interview call from singapore immigration?

Saied said:
I wasn't expecting that either. but I received a call from them 3 days ago, asking questing about my wife, our marriage, that if she can speak good English or not. to me it seems like they were trying to verify if mine is real marriage or not... Hope I satisfied them. Pray for us please.
Yes one of the members on the Singapore timeline got this not too long ago and got the visa approved so don't worry

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
Re: anyone know anything about a phone interview call from singapore immigration?

toutesweet said:
Yes one of the members on the Singapore timeline got this not too long ago and got the visa approved so don't worry
That's a relief. Thanks toutesweet for sharing that. Im crossing my fingures even tighter now :)

ManpreetSondh

Dec 24, 2013
scylla said:
No - not true. Why would you think that?
dear scylla,
i m thinking so b'coz i have send my spouse visa app to cpc-M on 9th dec. but receive no information yet...........and its more than 28 days now

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ManpreetSondh said:
dear scylla,
i m thinking so b'coz i have send my spouse visa app to cpc-M on 9th dec. but receive no information yet...........and its more than 28 days now
Do you know how many CIC employees probably took personal vacation time during the past month, over and above the regular stat holidays?
You need to have some patience. Around 1 month is typical for stage 1 approval. 1 week plus or minus is nothing to stress out over.

dipeshpokhrel

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013 PER.............. : 03-09-2013
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
Med's Request
19-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
hi i have query
can spouse apply for visitor visa during the pr process

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipeshpokhrel said:
hi i have query
Your spouse can apply but has no guarantee of being granted a visa. Your spouse needs to show that it is only a visit and that they are not a risk to overstay in Canada.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
dipeshpokhrel said:
hi i have query
Bad news is it's hard and vo's have a hard time believing a visitor with a Canadian spouse is going to leave at the end of their stay. Good news is it really seams a little random, and some members have had success with this. One thing is showing strong ties back to applicants county. The other is straight out divulging dual intent and clearly stating you have no desire to jeapodize your PR application by over staying or not returning to country of origin
I was told conflicting things and two constituency workers told me not a chance (before we married) and also if applicant was refused it would be a red flag and make things harder, but honestly I can't see how trying to get a TRV for your spouse could possibly be seen as suspicious, you know, after you are married as opposed to BF/GF. So my advice is, go ahead and give it a shot but don't be disappointed if you are refused. However, you may succeed! It doesn't cost that much and you already did so much of the paperwork. Those that have succeeded seem to have all crossed step one for eligibility of sponsorship. I wish I had tried in retrospect. If you do, I wish you all the best. Let us know how it goes and very best of luck. :)

dipeshpokhrel

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
Med's Request
19-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
toutesweet said:
Bad news is it's hard and vo's have a hard time believing a visitor with a Canadian spouse is going to leave at the end of their stay. Good news is it really seams a little random, and some members have had success with this. One thing I'd showing strong ties back to applicants county. The other is straight out divulging dusk intent and clearly stating you have no desire to jeapodize your PR application by over staying or not returning to country of origin
I was told conflicting things and two constituency workers told me not a chance and also if applicant was refused it would be a red flag and make things harder but honestly I can't see how trying to get a TRV for your spouse could possibly be seen as suspicious, you know, after you are married as opposed to BF/GF. So my advice is, go ahead and give it a shot but don't be disappointed if you are refused. However, you may succeed! It doesn't cost that much and you already did so much of the paperwork. Those that have succeeded seem to have all crossed step one for eligibility of sponsorship. I wish I had tried in retrospect. If you do I wish you all the best. Let us know how it goes and very best of luck. :)
thx for reponse
if visit visa get rejected then will it affect the pr processing.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Saied said:
I wasn't expecting that either. but I received a call from them 3 days ago, asking questing about my wife, our marriage, that if she can speak good English or not. to me it seems like they were trying to verify if mine is real marriage or not... Hope I satisfied them. Pray for us please.
God will be with you and with us pls tell us abount any news

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful

remonda said:
God will be with you and with us pls tell us abount any news
I will for sure.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Does anyone knows how can i withdraw a cheque from cic from outside Canada? The story is that we paid the fees with overpayment online and they sent a cheque for my sponsor in Egypt but how can we get this money? online also or what we tried to call cic but no answer pls any senior here can help us?any experience
Another ques
We didnt pay the right of permenant resident and my sponsor got approved for the first step, then they sent our application to the next voo( Cairo )when can we pay it ?now?or wait for cic request?
Thanks

dipeshpokhrel

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
Med's Request
19-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014

icer

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
23-Nov-2013
Thank you so much for the info.

scylla said:
If you get married AFTER you land and become a PR, then you will follow the process explained in the first post of the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

If you get married BEFORE you land, then you must return your PR visa to NDVO and let them know that your family composition has change and you are now married. You must then complete all of the paperwork to add your wife to your application. Your wife will also have to pass the medical and background/security checks. Once your wife's forms have been processed, both of you will be issued a new PR visa which you can then use to land. If you get married before you land, it's very very important that you do not land using the visa you have now but instead follow the steps above. If you land using the visa you have now, then you will never be able to sponsor your wife and may have your own PR status revoked due to misrepresentation.

Jan 9, 2014
Hello,

I am so lost. My husband is a Canadian born citizen. I was refused my refugee and PRRA claim and went back to St. Lucia a week after we got married. I have an 8 yr old daughter here in St. Lucia but my husband is not her biological father. My husband is unemployed and sick and is trying to get disability. I am desperately trying to get back to Canada to take care of him. Can we still put in an application for spousal sponsorship? I can get work in Canada as I left my last job on good terms and I have work experience in Canada. I am also trying to get funds to help me sustain us for a couple of months. It is urgent that i get to him. I just need advice on what I should do? Has anyone been in a similar situation? We were afraid that our sponsorship claim would be refused and never put through an application.