December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
Time is the only thing I dont have much left. Need immediate assistance.!!!!!

Hey guys,
Canadian Immigration sent me letter on NOV 25th asking for additional documents. I did send it to Robinson Road Address of Singapore via Express Mail Service From Canada, but not sure if they received it or not. I emailed them asking if they received, but no answer. What should I DO now? Cause I have to response in 60 days from NOV 25th 2013.

1. Should I send the same documents again? only this time if I do, I will send it to George Street address via DHL.

2. Has anyone ever email directly to the immigration officer, who sent you the letter? Should I try that?

3. what will happen if I send them the documents again just make sure they get it, but they already received my first sent.

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
CutiePie92 said:
Happy New Year to all of you! :)

Someone was saying earlier that he wants his wife to do the medical exam before the marriage and he got the answer that he should do that + police certificate when CIC asks for them?

I'm a bit confused, i wanted to do the same thing: i'll submit the application probably just in may 2014 but my canadian husband will stay with me in Romania for the entire months march&april .. so i obviously thought i`ll do the medical exam & ask for the police certificate just a bit before he flies back to Canada, so that he'll submit the application right away (including my medical exam + police certificate).. The reason is obviously because if i send them via post, it will take 3 weeks at least.

But if i`m not mistaking, the medicals can be made through an electronic system so the results are sent right away to CIC (therefore no need to include them in the package?).. but for the police certificates i thought you need to submit them at the same time with all the forms and documents? Indeed the police certificates expire after 3 months :( but i thought it's no problem because they check it before it expires? ;D

I hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks! :-*

Dear,
After having the medical exams electronically, you will be given a receipt of that. you will have to send the receipt, and the police verification certificate with your documents. and they will ask again for the police verificationg if they think its needed. Hope that helps. Good Luck

Gods Grace

Jun 9, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
02-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
28/08/2011
Med's Request
24/11/2011
Med's Done....
30/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2011
LANDED..........
7th May 2012
I want to sponsor my wife .. Wht are the documents required... She lives in India..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Gods Grace said:
I want to sponsor my wife .. Wht are the documents required... She lives in India..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
CutiePie92 said:
Happy New Year to all of you! :)

Someone was saying earlier that he wants his wife to do the medical exam before the marriage and he got the answer that he should do that + police certificate when CIC asks for them?

I'm a bit confused, i wanted to do the same thing: i'll submit the application probably just in may 2014 but my canadian husband will stay with me in Romania for the entire months march&april .. so i obviously thought i`ll do the medical exam & ask for the police certificate just a bit before he flies back to Canada, so that he'll submit the application right away (incly medical exam + police certificate).. The reason is obviously because if i send them via post, it will take 3 weeks at least.

But if i`m not mistaking, the medicals can be made through an electronic system so the results are sent right away to CIC (therefore no need to include them in the package?).. but for the police certificates i thought you need to submit them at the same time with all the forms and documents? Indeed the police certificates expire after 3 months :( but i thought it's no problem because they check it before it expires? ;D

I hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks! :-*
Let me unconfuse you and you can clarify something for me too. It's not that you have to wait til CIC asks for it, and I'm not sure it matters how long the country of origin says the police check is good for, it's about whatcCIC says. We applied through Singapore which has a 28 month listed wait time. I was under the impression at the time that we had to submit all our documents with the application. Yes it said medical received. Passed. Then it said medical received passed, expired. They never even acknowledged the criminal records check. When our application went in process, my husband tried to do the medical again but they wouldn't let us do it until we got the email with an official request for the additional documents which was fine because it only took a few days.
In that letter they wanted us to redo our police and medical because they had expired. Long expired. And update our schedule a. The criminal records check was the one we really should have got the jump on because it took so long to get the second time.
My point is, it is not necessary to put these this in with your initial application and unless you are applying through a place that has a short wait time, it isa waste of time and money to send things too early. If your anxious to get a jump on it and the wait time is say 12 mo, it's safer to submit those things say six months in. Getting it done before you even get married and submit your application is even more of a recipe for wasting your time and money only to do it again.
The other things are, it sounds like your husband is from Romania and here in Canada on work or multiple entry trv as you and you have asp applied outland because you say you want him to get it done while he is there before he comes back to Canada. If that's correct, how long has he been in Canada? It's my understanding from previous posts and someone please correct me if I'm wrong or get the time wrong, but if he's been in Canada for one year he can do the criminal records check here. I think he can do the medical here regardless of time if he is here so I would wait especially since you don't even intend to apply til May.
The other thing I don't quite get is your issue with mailing something? Things are sent to processing office through a VAC or IOM if they can't be dropped off directly or if you are far from that you can courier. I wouldn't suggest anything less than registered mail as it is an important package and will have some original documents in it like your marriage certificate. Plus you want to know it's arrived. That said I sent my husband's initial application by courier and two and half years later we're just wrapping it up now. And that's with no red flags, kids or complications, and a waived interview; so I'm not sure that few days of saved time was really doing much for me and a good investment, but I'd pay it again just to be three days faster getting his passport and visa back. Hope that clarifies it some

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Re: Time is the only thing I dont have much left. Need immediate assistance.!!!!!

Saied said:
Hey guys,
Canadian Immigration sent me letter on NOV 25th asking for additional documents. I did send it to Robinson Road Address of Singapore via Express Mail Service From Canada, but not sure if they received it or not. I emailed them asking if they received, but no answer. What should I DO now? Cause I have to response in 60 days from NOV 25th 2013.

1. Should I send the same documents again? only this time if I do, I will send it to George Street address via DHL.

2. Has anyone ever email directly to the immigration officer, who sent you the letter? Should I try that?

3. what will happen if I send them the documents again just make sure they get it, but they already received my first sent.

Was yours a send your passport 6 weeks later? Helas yes you should have sent it registered mail so you would know it had arrived or courier.
If it's not too hard to resend I would for peace of mind, and include the passport too with a letter (re name and file number on the top) explaining you sent the documents before but not sure it arrived.
As for the address, if it doesn't clearly state a courier address on their website I would call the CIC number and ask then to confirm which one. Congrats by the way. Almost there
PS you can also check on the Singapore timeline forum for the correct address I'm sure someone there has used it

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Re: Time is the only thing I dont have much left. Need immediate assistance.!!!!!

Saied said:
Hey guys,

Also I'm quite sure your second point is just not going to happen or help. The person who sent you the email isn't necessarily your vo and my guess is it's a no reply. Unfortunately 'did you get my documents' is not something they week respond too. They not big communicators. A lot of responsibility land on the applicant.

misisnicocoy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Doc's Request.
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
09-10-2013
File Transfer...
18-11-2013
Med's Request
21-10-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Passport Req..
29-05-2014-In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
ranzar said:
are there any september 2013 outland applicants here? can i be added to the timeline pls.
Hello!! Septembe applicant din ako! Mukang konti lang ang mga ka batch natin :)

ranzar

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
File Transfer...
??-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-07-2013
mukha nga iilan tayo na september :)

misisnicocoy said:
Hello!! Septembe applicant din ako! Mukang konti lang ang mga ka batch natin :)

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........

toutesweet said:
Was yours a send your passport 6 weeks later? Helas yes you should have sent it registered mail so you would know it had arrived or courier.
If it's not too hard to resend I would for peace of mind, and include the passport too with a letter (re name and file number on the top) explaining you sent the documents before but not sure it arrived.
As for the address, if it doesn't clearly state a courier address on their website I would call the CIC number and ask then to confirm which one. Congrats by the way. Almost there
PS you can also check on the Singapore timeline forum for the correct address I'm sure someone there has used it
well they asked for additional documents with more proofs that our marriage is real and and all... Still waiting and crossing fingures for passport call!!! Hope that happens soon.
Also, I sent my documents to PO BOX 845, Robinson Road via Express mail service with a tracking number. You can't DHL to a P.O. Box as no one will there be available to sign it for you.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
INLAND APPLICATION 2014

Category: Family
Visa Office: Vegreville
Application Submitted: December 30, 2013
Application Received: January 3, 2014
Open Work Permit: Submitted together with the spousal application
Medical: To follow as my wife is pregnant and will give birth this January or 1st of February
Fee: Paid upfront

The waiting game begins now! Happy new year!!

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
toutesweet said:
Let me unconfuse you and you can clarify something for me too. It's not that you have to wait til CIC asks for it, and I'm not sure it matters how long the country of origin says the police check is good for, it's about whatcCIC says. We applied through Singapore which has a 28 month listed wait time. I was under the impression at the time that we had to submit all our documents with the application. Yes it said medical received. Passed. Then it said medical received passed, expired. They never even acknowledged the criminal records check. When our application went in process, my husband tried to do the medical again but they wouldn't let us do it until we got the email with an official request for the additional documents which was fine because it only took a few days.
In that letter they wanted us to redo our police and medical because they had expired. Long expired. And update our schedule a. The criminal records check was the one we really should have got the jump on because it took so long to get the second time.
My point is, it is not necessary to put these this in with your initial application and unless you are applying through a place that has a short wait time, it isa waste of time and money to send things too early. If your anxious to get a jump on it and the wait time is say 12 mo, it's safer to submit those things say six months in. Getting it done before you even get married and submit your application is even more of a recipe for wasting your time and money only to do it again.
The other things are, it sounds like your husband is from Romania and here in Canada on work or multiple entry trv as you and you have asp applied outland because you say you want him to get it done while he is there before he comes back to Canada. If that's correct, how long has he been in Canada? It's my understanding from previous posts and someone please correct me if I'm wrong or get the time wrong, but if he's been in Canada for one year he can do the criminal records check here. I think he can do the medical here regardless of time if he is here so I would wait especially since you don't even intend to apply til May.
The other thing I don't quite get is your issue with mailing something? Things are sent to processing office through a VAC or IOM if they can't be dropped off directly or if you are far from that you can courier. I wouldn't suggest anything less than registered mail as it is an important package and will have some original documents in it like your marriage certificate. Plus you want to know it's arrived. That said I sent my husband's initial application by courier and two and half years later we're just wrapping it up now. And that's with no red flags, kids or complications, and a waived interview; so I'm not sure that few days of saved time was really doing much for me and a good investment, but I'd pay it again just to be three days faster getting his passport and visa back. Hope that clarifies it some
@ toutesweet thanks a lot for your reply!

First, my husband is a born Canadian from Quebec. He'll come to visit me in march. I'm the one from Romania. For us, waiting time is set to 14 months...
Thanks for clearing it up :) but when you said i have a problem with mailing, i meant when they ask ME (sponsored spouse) for police certificates, i'll take them but until i ship them through post it will take minimum 3-4 weeks (in working days).. That's why i wanted to send everything with the application, 'cause my husband can mail them directly to Mississauga so that there's no delay, they wouldn't have to e-mail me for the police certificates because they already have it.. I guess it's better to wait until they ask for it but it will take a lot to ship them to Canada.. :(
I thought that for example if i have the police certificates at the end of april (expires at the end of july) and we submit the application at the beginning of may , they have time to check all that (because the sponsorship gets approved after approx. 30 working days? correct me if i'm wrong)

The whole immigration process is confusing and i want to be 100% sure before we send the application so i'm sorry if i ask obvious questions or so..

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
ranzar said:
mukha nga iilan tayo na september :)
Hey you two! Get a room or private message each other

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014

Saied said:
well they asked for additional documents with more proofs that our marriage is real and and all... Still waiting and crossing fingures for passport call!!! Hope that happens soon.
Also, I sent my documents to PO BOX 845, Robinson Road via Express mail service with a tracking number. You can't to a P.O. Box as no one will there be available to sign it for you.
It *probably* got there. The whole point of sending dhl or registered to the courier address is so you do get the signature and do know because they will not contact you to say it's been received. I didn't know they put a 60 day limit on that too. If you're nervous you can resend it with a letter it won't matter you sent it before. If it was a small amount of things you can send it by attachment email again with name file number and UCI. Explaining you sent it before but just wanted to be sure. Also, as long as you are not in process you can always send stuff to add to your file. Try to keep it down to once or maybe twice for this. You can trust it probably got there andorder gmcs nnotes to know for sure and find out what they said about your file so far. You should order them anyway if they are asking for more documents of that nature I'd be curious to see what they said if I were you. Rsend or not is up to you

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
nismopinoy said:
INLAND APPLICATION 2014

Category: Family
Visa Office: Vegreville
Application Submitted: December 30, 2013
Application Received: January 3, 2014
Open Work Permit: Submitted together with the spousal application
Medical: To follow as my wife is pregnant and will give birth this January or 1st of February
Fee: Paid upfront

The waiting game begins now! Happy new year!!
Definitely not Feb 2nd though. Ha ha. Congrats