29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
mari.ium said:
When i submitted my application in march 2013, i didnot give them actual proof, i just wrote that i'll b doing teaching courses n my husband will b doing IT courses so we get good jobs thr once we come to canada and i also wrote that my brother n cousins live thr who'll help us out in initial stage..
The last i heard from them was in april 2013, telling me that they have taken a decision on my(sponsor) eligibility and that decision is sent to me via letter. But i didnot receive any letter from thm uptil now. They evn told me that the file has been sent to ISB cic office,
i emailed thm twice telling them that i didnot receive any letter but no reply from thm.
Hmmm. I don't know where isb office is but it doesn't matter. I assume that's your processing country's office. If they sent it there they probably passed you. Did they send you your file and UCI number? Check the status of your application on CIC website. That's immediate. Mostly I would recommend you get your gmcs notes through atip website. There is also a link to the online application on the CIC website. You can get all the info of what's going on with your file from those. Order them periodically during your wait if you want to know what's going on with your file. When you get your notes I also recommend that you check to make sure they have your correct address and email. You should have received an email from your processing office acknowledging receipt of your file and it sounds like you haven't received that.
CIC has a don't call us we'll call you kind of policy and you won't hear anything from them unless there is a decision made or they need something from you or they are advising you you are in queue for an interview. Depending on your office wait times can be quite long.
Lastly, just confirming, are you applying through spousal sponsorship?

mari.ium

Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB CIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 march 2013
Doc's Request.
not yet
File Transfer...
4 april 2013
Med's Request
17 march 2014
Med's Done....
26th March 2014
Interview........
not really
Passport Req..
25-April-2014 CHC-ISL
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah
ISB office is Islamabad Pakistan office. N yep i got an UCI number, i check that once a week, its still the same, application received is the status of the applicant n DM of the sponsor..
can u guide me abt the gmcs notes? How to apply for thm.
i didnot understand ur last question. Did u mean i used this forum for applying?

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
mari.ium said:
ISB office is Islamabad Pakistan office. N yep i got an UCI number, i check that once a week, its still the same, application received is the status of the applicant n DM of the sponsor..
i didnot understand ur last question. Did u mean i used this forum for applying?
No just wanted to know if one of you was Canadian and you were applying for PR for the spouse because sometimes people get lost, I hadn't read the previous page so never mind about that I get it now.
Computergeek posted the link on the previous page for the notes.
It's always possible to get rejected, otherwise we wouldn't have to apply and wait so long! But theoretically, as long as you give reasonable evidence of the veracity of your marriage/relationship, indicate intent to move to Canada, and satisfy them that you are financially capable of supporting yourselves (ei that you have what it takes in place to not fall on the government dime) they will not refuse a spouse.
The whole finance thing is difficult when applying from abroad. It's not possible for most people to have a confirmed job offer for two years down the line or whatever. I suspect you were approved though. The notes will tell all. Brace yourself for a long wait for PR. Best of luck, I wish you a smooth and speedy process

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
mari.ium said:
Also and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Pakistan is a 32 month processing time. This is an estimate. Some people's applications do go through faster. You can always try for a TRV (a visitors visa) for your husband and if it looks like you can get work apply for extension or transfer of your file inland. That tends to be lengthy too though and he likely would not be allowed to work. In not sure what's best for you it depends on your situation and personal goals and no path is assured to succeed.
You mentioned your education but I don't quite remember, are you in school now? Did you plan on schooling in Canada? Just so you are aware recognition of foreign earned degrees are not always easy in Canada. Especially some professional degrees. For example nursing degree. But a short transfer course is available and for that profession as an example, I think you just have to pass a standardised exam. Also if you say has a law degree from Australia, you would have to pass the bar exam here in order to practice law here. If you have a degree in architecture or culinary degree for example, it's really up to the employer what they recognise.
If you wanted to do a masters degree in Canada, then it's up to the institution to determine if they'll accept a foreign undergrad degree, that sort of thing. You get the idea.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
sohana said:
what is, sponsors divorce certificate Form 1603? my friends need help..svo wants that form :-[
Hi sohana, your friend's spouse can search for it and on the CIC website. I'm guessing her spouse was previously married and they are confirming the divorce

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
toutesweet said:
Also and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Pakistan is a 32 month processing time. This is an estimate. Some people's applications do go through faster. You can always try for a TRV (a visitors visa) for your husband and if it looks like you can get work apply for extension or transfer of your file inland. That tends to be lengthy too though and he likely would not be allowed to work. In not sure what's best for you it depends on your situation and personal goals and no path is assured to succeed.
You mentioned your education but I don't quite remember, are you in school now? Did you plan on schooling in Canada? Just so you are aware recognition of foreign earned degrees are not always easy in Canada. Especially some professional degrees. For example nursing degree. But a short transfer course is available and for that profession as an example, I think you just have to pass a standardised exam. Also if you say has a law degree from Australia, you would have to pass the bar exam here in order to practice law here. If you have a degree in architecture or culinary degree for example, it's really up to the employer what they recognise.
If you wanted to do a masters degree in Canada, then it's up to the institution to determine if they'll accept a foreign undergrad degree, that sort of thing. You get the idea.
Hmmm I don't know where I got the idea from about school. I think I confused you with another member ;-) anyway...

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi Guys
I was wondering if some seniors with proper knowledge can help me out.
I have my PR and I plan to get married officially in late March 2014, Since Im going back home for short visit and official marriage and ceremony over there and because I can not stay too much over there, we plan to make everything as fast/efficient as we can.
So the question is can she perform the medical exams before our marriage certificate officially gets granted?
Or the panel physician needs marriage certificate before any examination.
then if she performs the medical exams before the date of marriage certificate, wouldn't be any problem in future for our application in case if officer doubts about the trusty of our documents, I mean date issues.
Thanks guys

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Just had a few quick questions...?

My husbands Canadian, I'm American. Just checked processing times, is it really a total of roughly 22-23 months? Last time I checked it was initially 12?!
It's been just about two years that we've been living apart and married for a year of that. Trying to start the new year out right and figure this paperwork out. I'm feeling the mixed emotions of starting the process, just want to make sure there's no errors.
Thanks!

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
aribc said:
Hi Guys
I was wondering if some seniors with proper knowledge can help me out.
I have my PR and I plan to get married officially in late March 2014, Since Im going back home for short visit and official marriage and ceremony over there and because I can not stay too much over there, we plan to make everything as fast/efficient as we can.
So the question is can she perform the medical exams before our marriage certificate officially gets granted?
Or the panel physician needs marriage certificate before any examination.
then if she performs the medical exams before the date of marriage certificate, wouldn't be any problem in future for our application in case if officer doubts about the trusty of our documents, I mean date issues.
Thanks guys
Where is over there? Do you know how long your estimated wait time is? Medical is only good for a year, same for police clearance. We made the mistake of doing them both before we applied. Medical does not take long. Get it closer to the due date of your estimated wait time or when they request it. Depending on the country, your criminal records check is much more likely to take up time. Don't waste time and money by getting out too soon.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
msbigshot said:

My husbands Canadian, I'm American. Just checked processing times, is it really a total of roughly 22-23 months? Last time I checked it was initially 12?!
It's been just about two years that we've been living apart and married for a year of that. Trying to start the new year out right and figure this paperwork out. I'm feeling the mixed emotions of starting the process, just want to make sure there's no errors.
Thanks!
I don't know when you last checked but unfortunately even if you applied when it said 12 months and 6 months later it changed to 20 months the new posting would be your new wait time. The good news is two-fold, those times are based on the previous year and there was a six month strike, so you may apply when it says 22 months the wait could actually go the other way. Also some applications go much faster.
I get you don't want to make any mistakes but don't create your own delay by trying to put in a perfect application. Include evidence of your relationship with pics of the two of you showing the passage of time and wedding pics, with each others families; along with any other evidence you have if you have concerns or questions about that you can private msg me.
Don't worry it will be fine, but it is an exercise in patience. You might want to consider an inland application also depending on your needs and circumstances.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
msbigshot said:

Thanks!
If you apply outland from the US, the processing centre taking on these apps is CPP-Ottawa, and timelines for a straightforward case are 12-15 months. Some get it done in under 12 months.

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
Happy new year guyz, Please is it still possible to travel to canada with an old International passport which is not an electronic ?
My wife electronic passport is taking too long and we applied with the old passport and file has just been transferred to VO

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Lucasvilla said:
Happy new year guyz, Please is it still possible to travel to canada with an old International passport which is not an electronic ?
My wife electronic passport is taking too long and we applied with the old passport and file has just been transferred to VO
Is the passport valid? When you say it's been transferred to vo do you mean for final review? When and where did you apply? When does the passport expire? How long do you expect the electronic passport will take?

gracelo

Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys,

Happy New Year!
I would like to ask your opinion on my situation.
I'm a married Filipina however my ex-husband left me a few months after the marriage.
Now, I'm in an almost 3-year relationship with a Canadian and he was able to visit me once only because of financial hurdles.
We are looking for ways for me to get there but my status is our problem.

Here are the options we're thinking of:
1. We were advised by a consultancy to apply for conjugal sponsorship but there's a slim chance on that I think (correct me if I'm wrong).
-He is currently out of work and is waiting for employment.
-He doesn't have his own place yet.
2. I have a work offer to UK and once in UK, I'm planning to apply for a visitor's visa. I'm a nurse and is planning to apply for CRNBC in case. If I'll apply for CRNBC, most probably, they'll require me to take the SEC exam so I'll use it as my reason for TRV.
-Can I apply for multiple entry TRV with that reason by the way?
3. An agency in the Philippines offered working visa for nurses to Canada but applying for LMO alone takes time and the agency is asking for a certain sum of money, which we are short of currently.

If I will take the second option, can we get married in Canada and apply for sponsorship there? His friends are saying that we could use the absence of divorce in the Philippines so I could marry him there.

Please help! I really appreciate every input I can get. Thank you! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, a conjugal application does have a chance because you are unable to get married as you are unable to get divorced.

If you make it to Canada, it would not be an option to get married there without first having dissolved your first marriage. A 2nd marriage would not be valid without a divorce or an annulment of the first. If you go to Canada on a work permit, after you have lived in Canada for 1 year, you may apply for divorce through the Canadian courts. After being granted a divorce in Canada, you could marry your boyfriend in Canada and it would be a valid marriage.

gracelo said:
Hi guys,

Happy New Year!
I would like to ask your opinion on my situation.
I'm a married Filipina however my ex-husband left me a few months after the marriage.
Now, I'm in an almost 3-year relationship with a Canadian and he was able to visit me once only because of financial hurdles.
We are looking for ways for me to get there but my status is our problem.

Here are the options we're thinking of:
1. We were advised by a consultancy to apply for conjugal sponsorship but there's a slim chance on that I think (correct me if I'm wrong).
-He is currently out of work and is waiting for employment.
-He doesn't have his own place yet.
2. I have a work offer to UK and once in UK, I'm planning to apply for a visitor's visa. I'm a nurse and is planning to apply for CRNBC in case. If I'll apply for CRNBC, most probably, they'll require me to take the SEC exam so I'll use it as my reason for TRV.
-Can I apply for multiple entry TRV with that reason by the way?
3. An agency in the Philippines offered working visa for nurses to Canada but applying for LMO alone takes time and the agency is asking for a certain sum of money, which we are short of currently.

If I will take the second option, can we get married in Canada and apply for sponsorship there? His friends are saying that we could use the absence of divorce in the Philippines so I could marry him there.

Please help! I really appreciate every input I can get. Thank you! :)