Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
I have a question about including love letters that we sent to each other. I have made photocopies of all of them (around 10 or so), but they are not dated, could I write on the photocopy when it is from? Have others done this or do the CIC not like writing on these documents?

And also, I use a calling card to call my wife (sponsor) to Mexico; I printed all my phone records which show I called a local number (calling card number) and then I will include a photocopy and hard copy of the calling card so they can see I dialled that number. I know it is not 100% proof, but it is our main way of communication. (We also have phone records from her calling me (shows the exact number), emails, Facebook messages, parcels). Have others ever used calling card numbers as part of their case?

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Chauncey said:
I have a question about including love letters that we sent to each other. I have made photocopies of all of them (around 10 or so), but they are not dated, could I write on the photocopy when it is from? Have others done this or do the CIC not like writing on these documents?

And also, I use a calling card to call my wife (sponsor) to Mexico; I printed all my phone records which show I called a local number (calling card number) and then I will include a photocopy and hard copy of the calling card so they can see I dialled that number. I know it is not 100% proof, but it is our main way of communication. (We also have phone records from her calling me (shows the exact number), emails, Facebook messages, parcels). Have others ever used calling card numbers as part of their case?

Hi Chauncey,

CIC specifically says they will not accept calling cards as evidence, but I was in the exact same situation as you and did the same thing. Sometimes our call would cut off and my husband would call me back directly then I would call him back so they could see that. See his number. I figured it couldn't hurt. For the rest I used a search of his name on my email and just printed a copy of the result as I felt a little intruded on to send the actual letters. Text messages turned out to be too hard to display in the end but I saved them so I could show them if they called us to interview. I also took some screen shots and regular print outs of Skype records because I had trouble retrieving those too. I had other things, pictures and repeat visits and evidence of our travels together.
Initially phone calls were our primary contact too. I don't know if it helped to show the card and highlight that no on my phone records or not, but the worst that can happen is you included it and they disregarded it. Do your best with your evidence but don't let it make you crazy. I delayed our application several months trying to make it perfect and I never got the things I was waiting for to include them.
If you're thin on stuff include some letters of support from friends and family. Preferably on both sides, just confirming your relationship. Good luck

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
toutesweet said:
Hi Chauncey,

CIC specifically says they will not accept calling cards as evidence, but I was in the exact same situation as you and did the same thing. Sometimes our call would cut off and my husband would call me back directly then I would call him back so they could see that. See his number. I figured it couldn't hurt. For the rest I used a search of his name on my email and just printed a copy of the result as I felt a little intruded on to send the actual letters. Text messages turned out to be too hard to display in the end but I saved them so I could show them if they called us to interview. I also took some screen shots and regular print outs of Skype records because I had trouble retrieving those too. I had other things, pictures and repeat visits and evidence of our travels together.
Initially phone calls were our primary contact too. I don't know if it helped to show the card and highlight that no on my phone records or not, but the worst that can happen is you included it and they disregarded it. Do your best with your evidence but don't let it make you crazy. I delayed our application several months trying to make it perfect and I never got the things I was waiting for to include them.
If you're thin on stuff include some letters of support from friends and family. Preferably on both sides, just confirming your relationship. Good luck
Thanks! Wow I appreciate it! Yeah we have lots of evidence of our communication, but like you said it can't hurt the package having all the records of me showing I called calling cards. I hope!

Rupac

Dec 30, 2013
Hello ,
Leon . .. Being new to Canada , I hav some doubt going abroad for studies .So ,I request you please clearify one thing , Is it possible for me to go on study visa to canada for studies and take my wife along with me on open work permit . If so , How is it possible ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rupac said:
Hello ,
Leon . .. Being new to Canada , I hav some doubt going abroad for studies .So ,I request you please clearify one thing , Is it possible for me to go on study visa to canada for studies and take my wife along with me on open work permit . If so , How is it possible ?
Hi Rupac, your question has really nothing to do with spousal sponsorship which has to do with people who are already citizens or PR's sponsoring their spouses for PR. You might be better off posting in the student section.

However, I can tell you right away that there would be no problem for you and your wife to apply together. You apply for a study permit and she applies for an open work permit based on your study permit. You would have to have been accepted to a college, you need to prove that you can pay your tuition and support yourself for the first little while and you both need to prove that you have strong ties to home country and will both return once your studies are done.

sohana

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august-2012
AOR Received.
october-2012
File Transfer...
october-2012
Med's Request
december-2013
Med's Done....
16th june-2012
Interview........
waived...in process: 13 december, 2013
Passport Req..
13 december, 2013, pp sent-22 jan,2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2014 ,DM: 20-02-2014
LANDED..........
24 April,2014
what is, sponsors divorce certificate Form 1603? my friends need help..svo wants that form :-[

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
someone asked me to post this as he is not very much familiar with this forum.

A friend(a PR) of mine just got married and he can not go back to Canada anytime soon.

Can he apply to sponsor his wife although he is outside Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bonaddictus said:
someone asked me to post this as he is not very much familiar with this forum.

A friend(a PR) of mine just got married and he can not go back to Canada anytime soon.

Can he apply to sponsor his wife although he is outside Canada?
No - he can't.

Since he's a PR, he must be living in Canada when he submits the sponsorship application and he must continue living in Canada while the application is being processed (until his wife is issued the PR visa).

He will have to wait until he has returned to Canada to live there again before he can sponsor his wife.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
ranzar said:
Is the sponsor allowed to leave the country (tour/vacation to another place except home country) during the application process? thanks.
Yes, but he/she should not be gone for long extended periods of time. I would assume a few weeks for vacation should be fine. Anything longer is taking a risk they might cancel the application due to residency requirements.

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PLACE OF RESIDENCE OR WHERE YOU HAVE LIVED!
Plz I need your advice on this matter.I received a letter from the VO in Kiev yesterday that I should fill 2 different forms ''CHRONOLOGICALLY'' where I have lived since 18th years,not where I claimed officially to be living.Also where I worked not where I claimed officially to be working since when I was 18 yrs.

My concern is this,in the form(SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND DECLARATION) I submitted b4, I used where I was registered to be living as place of residence but I did not live their.In Ukraine you required to have a place officially acknowledged my the immigration,though they know you dont live their.I need clarification and advice on this plz!!! Wht can I fill in these 2 forms since I already claimed d place as d place I lived? Wont the VO see it as 'misrepresentation'' if it is not the same with form I submitted b4?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MANOFGOD said:
PLACE OF RESIDENCE OR WHERE YOU HAVE LIVED!
Plz I need your advice on this matter.I received a letter from the VO in Kiev yesterday that I should fill 2 different forms ''CHRONOLOGICALLY'' where I have lived since 18th years,not where I claimed officially to be living.Also where I worked not where I claimed officially to be working since when I was 18 yrs.

My concern is this,in the form(SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND DECLARATION) I submitted b4, I used where I was registered to be living as place of residence but I did not live their.In Ukraine you required to have a place officially acknowledged my the immigration,though they know you dont live their.I need clarification and advice on this plz!!! Wht can I fill in these 2 forms since I already claimed d place as d place I lived? Wont the VO see it as 'misrepresentation'' if it is not the same with form I submitted b4?
You should write a letter explaining the specific circumstances. It sounds like they already know that what you listed isn't where you were actually living, so if they were going to claim misrepresentation they wouldn't be asking you to re-submit the forms, they would be sending you a letter advising you that they thought you had misrepresented yourself.

Fill out the forms as they requested, be honest about where you REALLY lived. Note that your application is confidential and they will not share it with foreign governments.

nosh

Dec 31, 2013
I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is American. We have been living overseas for 5 years (since Aug 08 for my husband and Jan 09 for me). We met here. We were married in the US in December 2011 and had a church wedding in August 2012. We had a daughter in May 2013. We are planning on moving to Ontario in July 2014. We are in process of filing out the forms for family class spousal sponsorship. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer as I can't find these answers on the CIC website anywhere.

1. Do I, as a spouse/sponsor, need an Option C print out from the Notice of Assessment? (Since I am non-resident of Canada, my most recent tax filing was for the 2009 tax year.)
2. Do I need to meet the necessary income requirements if I'm sponsoring a spouse?
3. Do I send in the sponsorship evaluation (IMM 5481) or Financial evaluation (IMM 1283)?
(I'm not sure how to approach the financial proof for our application since I have lived overseas for 5 years. I have been employed during this time. And I am capable of supporting the family in Canada. I do not have a job offer in Canada yet.)
4. When can we apply for a work permit for my husband (the applicant)? Does he remain unemployed until he gets his PR or can he work before this?
5. Can we send forms to CIC Mississauga in the next month and then move to Canada as a family in July 2014 and wait for PR there?

thanks for your responses.

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
So when I make photocopies of love letters, should I write on them when they are from? Is it necessary? Has anyone else done this?

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Thanks Mr Computergeek,
I have already refilled it and sent to them today.I wrote a letter to explain that Ukrainian immigration system demanded we have an official place of residence which we claimed to be the place where we live.I hope they are ok with it sha.Thanks so much for your concern.HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE!!!