23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
Hi there,

Just a quick question about the medical exam. we are both in canada, but applying though sydney office (since my boyfriend is australian)
when we go to the medical exam they told me to bring the form for the doctor to fill in. is that the form that is found in the region specific checklist?

so, we print that, fill it out and give it to the doctor?

in the region specific checklist is says " attach copy 2 of the medical report section 2 that your doctor will sign and give to you when you have the medical exam"

is this the same form that we are printing and taking to the appointment? or a totally new one that the doctor will give us?

sorry.... very confused

thanks!

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soready, Im also waiting on interview results. I think the time will be a reflection of the effciency of the VO working on your file. You can order your CAIPS notes to find out the status of your file if you are really anxious. I doubt it will take 27mths, this is a rare occurence. Just hold tight.

magenda

Jan 19, 2012
Hi,

Ive received my immigration visa and cpr:

However, cpr has sum mistakes:

for 15 name and address of person willing to assist:

1. they have my husbands old name even though we sent the name change document in the immigration application and put his current name in all immigration forms.

2. his old address- even though all our forms provided the current address.

we have sent a case specific inquiry to CHC new delhi to inform them of mistakes but r not sure when they would respond.

we want to do landing soon. please advice what i shd do in this case.

should i do landing and show them copy of the letter indicating that we have informed CHC india abt the mistakes in cpr

lemme know at the earliest

thks

Jillypilly9

Jan 20, 2012
Okay... Well I have a confusing situation. I'm 17 and a US citizen, but I'm planning on moving to Canada when I turn 18 after I finish school. I'm moving there to be with my boyfriend, we've been together for 3 years and he's visited me a few times, but obviously visiting can't go on forever. I know the process obviously isn't as easy as moving there. I want to be there around June of next year. What all would I have to do to be able to become a permanent resident? Could I be able to live there while I'm waiting for the application to process? What sort of visa would I need to live there if I couldn't without one while I'm waiting for the application? Would it be easier to become a permanent resident if we got married? How long would it take to process my application?

Sorry about all the questions

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jillypilly9 said:
Okay... Well I have a confusing situation. I'm 17 and a US citizen, but I'm planning on moving to Canada when I turn 18 after I finish school. I'm moving there to be with my boyfriend, we've been together for 3 years and he's visited me a few times, but obviously visiting can't go on forever. I know the process obviously isn't as easy as moving there. I want to be there around June of next year. What all would I have to do to be able to become a permanent resident? Could I be able to live there while I'm waiting for the application to process? What sort of visa would I need to live there if I couldn't without one while I'm waiting for the application? Would it be easier to become a permanent resident if we got married? How long would it take to process my application?

Sorry about all the questions

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Read this first :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg344291#msg344291

Jillypilly9

Jan 20, 2012
I did read it and he says that it would be easier if I was married to him than trying to apply as conjugal partners. Would I first apply for the visitor visa and then once I get it apply for permanent residency? And do you know how long the visitor visa takes to process? So, processing outland is usually faster?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jillypilly9 said:
I did read it and he says that it would be easier if I was married to him than trying to apply as conjugal partners. Would I first apply for the visitor visa and then once I get it apply for permanent residency? And do you know how long the visitor visa takes to process? So, processing outland is usually faster?
Have you actually lived together for 12 months continuously ?

Yes outland processing is generally faster.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jillypilly9 said:
No, we haven't been able to live together.
Apply as either married or common law. Conjugal applications involving American citizens are frequently rejected since there are no significant barriers to you getting married or living together.

Jillypilly9

Jan 20, 2012
Well, if I married him, would we have to live together for a year before I could apply for permanent residency? And could I marry him if I'm on a visitor's visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jillypilly9 said:
Well, if I married him, would we have to live together for a year before I could apply for permanent residency? And could I marry him if I'm on a visitor's visa?
If you married him, you can apply right away and you can marry on a visitors visa.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jillypilly9 said:
No, we haven't been able to live together.
I doubt that you can "do" conjugal as it seems that you are not in a “marriage-like” relationship.

So, when is the wedding :)

Jillypilly9

Jan 20, 2012
Well, we planned on getting married really soon after I moved there, but I didn't think I'd have to to be able to get citizenship. It's not a big deal, just will have to happen a few months earlier than expected.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jillypilly9 said:
Well, we planned on getting married really soon after I moved there, but I didn't think I'd have to to be able to get citizenship. It's not a big deal, just will have to happen a few months earlier than expected.
Just to clarify... You will get permanent resident status first (that's what you will be applying for). Once you have lived in Canada three out of the last four years, you will qualify to apply for citizenship.