21-07-2014
File Transfer...
05/09/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/06/2014
hi this is myka from philippines,
my boyfriend had just arrived from canada because we're planning to get married here in Philippines. he had just arrived to Canada last June and now has his PR status. but the problem is, he is still a student there and earn no money at all. would it still be possible for him to petition me? help me pls.........thank you so much! ;D :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
myks said:
hi this is myka from philippines,
my boyfriend had just arrived from canada because we're planning to get married here in Philippines. he had just arrived to Canada last June and now has his PR status. but the problem is, he is still a student there and earn no money at all. would it still be possible for him to petition me? help me pls.........thank you so much! ;D :D
Yes - he can still petition you.

myks

Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
File Transfer...
05/09/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/06/2014
scylla said:
hi scylla,
does he need to loan or something or have a part time job? or getting married would do?thanks!

myks

Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
File Transfer...
05/09/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/06/2014
thanks scylla! ;)

magenda

Jan 19, 2012
Hi I have a similar query. What happened in your case.

In the CPR For the field the person's name and address willing to assist:

they put my husband's previous name (even though we provided the current name change document and current name in our immigration forms) and his old address even though we provided the new address in the immigration forms.

we have sent a case specific inquiry to CHC new delhi but are not sure abt when will we hear from them.

Please give advice abt what you guys did in ur case since i want to land soon.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
After you get married. He applies to sponsor you. I hear that word "Petition" a lot from my Filippino clients. We don't use it for Canadian immigration but I've also heard it in Europe.

Gabitan

Jan 19, 2012
Hi

I my husband wants to sponsor me "Inland" because we don't want to be away from each other, but I lost my status last year and I don't know if I can be deported when I send my application and they realize I been here illegally, I over stayed because we were gonna live in Mexico but my husband has a good job here.

So, if I send my application even though I don't have status, would my application go through? and will that count as a status?

If I apply as a overseas would I have trouble also because I overstayed? or should that be a better option for me?

I hope some one can help me a little bit

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gabitan said:
I my husband wants to sponsor me "Inland" because we don't want to be away from each other, but I lost my status last year and I don't know if I can be deported when I send my application and they realize I been here illegally, I over stayed because we were gonna live in Mexico but my husband has a good job here.

So, if I send my application even though I don't have status, would my application go through? and will that count as a status?

If I apply as a overseas would I have trouble also because I overstayed? or should that be a better option for me?
You should never overstay for any reason because it can cause you trouble later. If you wanted to stay longer, you should have applied to extend your visitor status. If it is less than 90 days since you became out of status, you can still apply to restore.

You are allowed to apply inland even though you are out of status but if they deport you, you will lose your application as you are no longer in Canada. Same if you leave, say because of a family emergency, you will most likely not get a visa to return and you will lose your application.

An inland application for a person who is out of status may take longer than usual. If they send it to local office without first stage approval, you will wait an extra year or two before you can get your open work permit.

If you apply outland, your application continues even if you have to leave but if you get deported, you may be banned from Canada for a while so you would have to sit out the ban and then apply again.

shaby

Dec 19, 2011
Leon said:
You should never overstay for any reason because it can cause you trouble later. If you wanted to stay longer, you should have applied to extend your visitor status. If it is less than 90 days since you became out of status, you can still apply to restore.

You are allowed to apply inland even though you are out of status but if they deport you, you will lose your application as you are no longer in Canada. Same if you leave, say because of a family emergency, you will most likely not get a visa to return and you will lose your application.

An inland application for a person who is out of status may take longer than usual. If they send it to local office without first stage approval, you will wait an extra year or two before you can get your open work permit.

If you apply outland, your application continues even if you have to leave but if you get deported, you may be banned from Canada for a while so you would have to sit out the ban and then apply again.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
SOREADY said:
hi, any ideas. im goin thru the port of spain office and its been over a month since interview and in processs meds rec. how long again would the wait be, she didnt tell me she was waiting on background check, but she said she had to determine if i need autorization to return. she did not keep my passport either please help
It could take months, relax and wait. POS is not known for moving quickly, especially if a possible ARC is involved, so you're still in for a wait, even after the interview and new medical.

S

SOREADY

ok thank you, but are u sayin it take monts to get interview results? i was readin a little an i seeing summin like 6 weeks dey tell u something, i aint get nottin up to now

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
SOREADY said:
ok thank you, but are u sayin it take monts to get interview results? i was readin a little an i seeing summin like 6 weeks dey tell u something, i aint get nottin up to now
I said "could". No-one here can tell you how long anything will take, only God and the visa offices know that, and neither of them talk until they feel to do so. Seriously, it can take days, weeks, or months. All you can do is wait. No-one else's experience can or should be used as a guide for your own, every case is as individual as the applicants.

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
SOREADY, you may have a fairly long wait as one of friends from POS had to wait 27 months for his ARC to clear, but as Charlie stated, every case is different.