Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Dear Leon,
please help me in the following case
Here i am posting my own case regarding marriage. I am one of the applicants of pre june 2010. My Case is In Process since Feb 2011 in CHC NDVO. My initial applicatin date is Jan 2010. Before I applied to Canadian PR I had applied for Residence and Work permit of one of the European countries and got residence visa in Jan 2011. After getting this Visa I came to Europe in March 2011. Sinnce then I have been living in Europe legally. Feeling lonely in Europe, I managed to get one marriage certificate being married with my girl friend from my country. I applied her as dependent. she got visa in August 2011 and landed in Europe in October 2011. We are here in Europe together as husband and wife in same address.

Now the problem is that I have not yet informed CHC ND concerning the change in marrital status. but I have only informed CHC ND that I have moved to ........country in Europe and no more in my office from where i had submitted my work experince latter. My fear for not informing CHC ND about my marrital status is the possibility of further delay in processing my application and possible varification of my marriage document by VO. Please senior help me solve this problem .....I will be very glad for your valuable suggesstions ...

V

viictus

Hi. I am a U.S. citizen and my wife and I will be applying for PR so I can join her in Canada. I have three dependent children that will not be accompanying me to Canada as they reside with their mother. Do I need to provide passport information for my children when I send my application for PR? My children do not have passports currently. Any international travel is done using birth certificates as identification. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sharp2000 said:
Dear Leon,
please help me in the following case
Here i am posting my own case regarding marriage. I am one of the applicants of pre june 2010. My Case is In Process since Feb 2011 in CHC NDVO. My initial applicatin date is Jan 2010. Before I applied to Canadian PR I had applied for Residence and Work permit of one of the European countries and got residence visa in Jan 2011. After getting this Visa I came to Europe in March 2011. Sinnce then I have been living in Europe legally. Feeling lonely in Europe, I managed to get one marriage certificate being married with my girl friend from my country. I applied her as dependent. she got visa in August 2011 and landed in Europe in October 2011. We are here in Europe together as husband and wife in same address.

Now the problem is that I have not yet informed CHC ND concerning the change in marrital status. but I have only informed CHC ND that I have moved to ........country in Europe and no more in my office from where i had submitted my work experince latter. My fear for not informing CHC ND about my marrital status is the possibility of further delay in processing my application and possible varification of my marriage document by VO. Please senior help me solve this problem .....I will be very glad for your valuable suggesstions ...
You have no choice. You need to inform CHC ND about your change in status and submit the required forms, fees and supporting documentation to add your new wife to your application.

If you do not add your wife to the application and continue with the process as a single person and land as a single person in Canada - two things will happen. First of all, you will never be able to sponsor your wife to come to Canada. Secondly, you will be committing misrepresentation by landing as a single person when you are in fact married - and if CIC finds out about this misrepresentation, they may revoke your PR status.

Notify CHC ND about your marriage as soon as possible and add your wife to your application.

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Manay thanks Skylla for prompt reply. my marriage was registered in March 2011. So it is too late to inform CHC ND. what consequences will there be if i infrom them now?? and also can i send supporting documents from Europe for proof of marrigae or attachement??

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
My boyfriend is trying to get a job in Canada (he's from USA) but it seeming impossible, he has alot of money saved up but he wants to be able to really just live and work here. to get a job he has to have an employer say they cannot find a canadian employee to fill the position. We have been together only 3 months but I have known him 6. We are extremely serious about each other and willing towait, but what is our best option?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharp2000 said:
Manay thanks Skylla for prompt reply. my marriage was registered in March 2011. So it is too late to inform CHC ND. what consequences will there be if i infrom them now?? and also can i send supporting documents from Europe for proof of marrigae or attachement??
It is not too late to inform them as you do not have your PR visa yet and did not land as a PR yet. Scylla is right. You must tell CHC ND that you are married and add your wife to your application. Otherwise your PR visa will be invalid before it is even issued because your PR visa will be issued for you as a single person if you don't tell them and you are not a single person any more. When you land on this visa, it would be the same as saying to immigration that you are not married and your wife does not exist. When you then turn around and try to sponsor your wife, they will refuse based on that you were already married when you landed and did not tell them and they may even revoke your own PR for this lie.

If you decide to leave your wife, don't tell CHC ND, get your visa as single, land in Canada as single and never sponsor your wife or think about her again, you may get away with it but if your wife gets angry about this and decides to tell immigration that you were really married when you landed, you could still lose your PR because of it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshleyAnne said:
My boyfriend is trying to get a job in Canada (he's from USA) but it seeming impossible, he has alot of money saved up but he wants to be able to really just live and work here. to get a job he has to have an employer say they cannot find a canadian employee to fill the position. We have been together only 3 months but I have known him 6. We are extremely serious about each other and willing towait, but what is our best option?
If he has a NAFTA occupation, the employer will not need to show that they couldn't find a Canadian employee. Other than finding a job and getting a work permit, you could either get married and you sponsor him or you find a way to live together for 12 months and you sponsor him as a common law. The way for him to live with you without having a work permit would be to come visit and not work. He can stay and visit up to 6 months at a time, pop back to the US and then come back or ask to extend his visitor status. Or you could go and visit him and he works. Just as long as you would have lived together for 12 months or more and can prove it.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Leon said:
If he has a NAFTA occupation, the employer will not need to show that they couldn't find a Canadian employee. Other than finding a job and getting a work permit, you could either get married and you sponsor him or you find a way to live together for 12 months and you sponsor him as a common law. The way for him to live with you without having a work permit would be to come visit and not work. He can stay and visit up to 6 months at a time, pop back to the US and then come back or ask to extend his visitor status. Or you could go and visit him and he works. Just as long as you would have lived together for 12 months or more and can prove it.

Even if we got married, wouldn't it look fake no matter how real it was to immigration if its soonish? We talked about it because we do plan to be married, we just are worried it will not pass as sponsorship because of our short relationship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshleyAnne said:
Even if we got married, wouldn't it look fake no matter how real it was to immigration if its soonish? We talked about it because we do plan to be married, we just are worried it will not pass as sponsorship because of our short relationship.
You need proof of how you met, fell in love etc. Being together for 3 months is a bit short though, that is true.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Leon said:
You need proof of how you met, fell in love etc. Being together for 3 months is a bit short though, that is true.
When do you think would be okay? I mean he has already stayed out here over one month where we were together for every minute of everyday, and we do plan on a future, we just don't want to make it rushed to the immigration.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshleyAnne said:
When do you think would be okay? I mean he has already stayed out here over one month where we were together for every minute of everyday, and we do plan on a future, we just don't want to make it rushed to the immigration.
There is no magic time limit when it is ok or when not. I'd say give it another 3.

econ23

Jan 18, 2012
Hi, My spouse living in Canada has sponsored my PR application on July 19, 2011. The file reached New Delhi, India on Sept 22, 2010. I received a letter from New Delhi office asking for my passport which was sent to them on Nov 16, 2010. It's been 6 months from the time application was filed but still no response. Online status still shows 'application received.' Is anybody facing a similar situation?

econ23

Jan 18, 2012
Hi, My spouse living in Canada has sponsored my PR application on July 19, 2011. The file reached New Delhi, India on Sept 22, 2011. I received a letter from New Delhi office asking for my passport which was sent to them on Nov 16, 2011. It's been 6 months from the time application was filed but still no response. Online status still shows 'application received.' Is anybody facing a similar situation?

S

SOREADY

hi, any ideas. im goin thru the port of spain office and its been over a month since interview and in processs meds rec. how long again would the wait be, she didnt tell me she was waiting on background check, but she said she had to determine if i need autorization to return. she did not keep my passport either please help

mariawalker

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Hi, My spouse living in Canada has sponsored my PR application on July 19, 2011. The file reached New Delhi, India on Sept 22, 2011. I received a letter from New Delhi office asking for my passport which was sent to them on Nov 16, 2011. It's been 6 months from the time application was filed but still no response. Online status still shows 'application received.' Is anybody facing a similar situation?

I have the same situation but I live in the Philippines, I received a letter from Canadian Embassy asking for Original Documents & Passport which I sent Dec. 7, 2011. Online Status shows

This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it.