25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
samith said:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and found this really very helpful. I was lucky to find this website in google while searching for some information.

I have a question,Here's my situation:

I'm married(Dec 04 2011) and now in the process applying to sponsor my wife for PR and one of the application(IMM 0008 > Page 1 > Application Details > Question 7) has a question about CSQ(certificate de selection du Qubec),

Can you please help me out to understand what is CSQ and do I need to fill in this section or apply for CSQ if I'm sponsoring for my spouse..?

PLease advise me on this.. Your advises will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Samith
Hello!!

I had the same problem when I was filling out the form to sponsor my spouse...we finally figured it out; when you fill out the form online and select "No", the rest of the questions relevent to that will automatically get blocked. We had to try it a few times before the form actually updated. I was told that once the application process for Quebec is started, then they will provide a CSQ (which is required before obtaining permanent residency). Hope this makes sense!

Good luck!! :)

samith

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks a lot Vet25 for your fast response, I tried filling up the form electronically and you are right Question 7 is blocked as soon as I select province as Ontario... So I assume that there is no CSQ required for people who intend to live in Ontario or other(other than QC)..

Thankyou again Vet25 ..

Samith

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samith said:
Thanks a lot Vet25 for your fast response, I tried filling up the form electronically and you are right Question 7 is blocked as soon as I select province as Ontario... So I assume that there is no CSQ required for people who intend to live in Ontario or other(other than QC)..

Thankyou again Vet25 ..

Samith
Bold = correct.

actaruslair

Jan 15, 2012
Rivne, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-24-12
Doc's Request.
07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
Hey guys, I'm Canadian
I'm presently in Ukraine in a 2 yrs relation with my girlfriend*Ukrainian. We have our apartment and all here. I am planning to go back to Canada maybe this June. I would like to marry her and I am wondering what might be the best option, maybe you guys know.
What are my options....

I heard that the best idea would be to sponsor her while i will be in Canada,invite her as a friend and she gets a tourist/private visa. then marry her and start the process of PR ?
IS that correct ???? How to do it

Please help me out because i'm really confused with all this.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
actaruslair said:
Hey guys, I'm Canadian
I'm presently in Ukraine in a 2 yrs relation with my girlfriend*Ukrainian. We have our apartment and all here. I am planning to go back to Canada maybe this June. I would like to marry her and I am wondering what might be the best option, maybe you guys know.
What are my options....

I heard that the best idea would be to sponsor her while i will be in Canada,invite her as a friend and she gets a tourist/private visa. then marry her and start the process of PR ?
IS that correct ???? How to do it

Please help me out because i'm really confused with all this.
You can sponsor her if you're a citizen without waiting until you return to Canada. If you've been living together for at least 12 months consecutively and can prove it, you may sponsor her as your common-law partner, then get married once you are together in Canada. You will need to show proof of your plans to resettle in Canada when she is approved for PR.

Be advised that non visa-exempt persons can have difficulty getting tourist visas to enter Canada, especially if their plans are to remain permanently.

actaruslair

Jan 15, 2012
Rivne, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-24-12
Doc's Request.
07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
CharlieD10 said:
You can sponsor her if you're a citizen without waiting until you return to Canada. If you've been living together for at least 12 months consecutively and can prove it, you may sponsor her as your common-law partner, then get married once you are together in Canada. You will need to show proof of your plans to resettle in Canada when she is approved for PR.

Be advised that non visa-exempt persons can have difficulty getting tourist visas to enter Canada, especially if their plans are to remain permanently.
Thank you for your prompt answer CharlieD,
So would it be a better idea to marry here in Ukraine ? and so what are the steps or options?

We know a married couple here but we don't know whether they will be able to go back...

Thing is, I am here for almost a year now, we want very much to stay together and at the same time i need to finish my studies in Quebec. I might stay one more year according to the job opportunities. Getting married is in our plans but we'd like to know really how to do it in order for her not to be "stuck here (ukraine)"

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
actaruslair said:
Thank you for your prompt answer CharlieD,
So would it be a better idea to marry here in Ukraine ? and so what are the steps or options?

We know a married couple here but we don't know whether they will be able to go back...

Thing is, I am here for almost a year now, we want very much to stay together and at the same time i need to finish my studies in Quebec. I might stay one more year according to the job opportunities. Getting married is in our plans but we'd like to know really how to do it in order for her not to be "stuck here (ukraine)"
A legal marriage in the Ukraine will be recognised in Canada. So if you're going to be there another year, you can make plans to marry, complete the sponsorship process, and then move back to Canada together. Having to return to finish your studies will give you a great foundation for documenting your plans to re-settle.

The feeling of her being stuck there will be even worse if you marry, then leave her and she waits alone to complete the process. If you can swing all the expenses so you can remain together, why not get married, and go ahead and begin the sponsorship process? There is some amount of planning required, in that you need to pay the fees, gather the necessary supporting documents (police records, medical exam, proof of relationship) and submit the application. Start by reading Leon's excellent post at the beginning of this thread, focus on the Outland application information, then read the forms on CIC's website and get an idea of supporting documentation needed for a Ukrainian from the Regional Guide. This will give you an idea of what is involved. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

actaruslair

Jan 15, 2012
Rivne, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-24-12
Doc's Request.
07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
Thank you !
I will read all this with care and this a great piece of advice !!!

My girlfriend and I are very grateful for giving us hope !

joshuacv

Jan 15, 2012
Hello :D

This is my first post and I am very new to all of this immigration stuff.

I am currently dating a Japanese girl and we have been discussing marriage. She arrived in Canada on a working holiday visa in March of 2011 and we started dating in October 2011. Her plan is to return to Japan for 4 or 5 months to deal with family and employment commitments. She already has an undergrad from Japan, but she was hoping to return on a student visa to continue university. At this point it looks like she may not be able to get into the school she had hoped to so she may not be a student when she returns. I have a good job and was planning to marry her when she returns in the summer.

We are concerned about her not being able to work when she returns to Canada in the summer of 2012.

Can anyone provide some advise on how we should proceed. Should we possibly get married before she leaves (within the next month)? If so, how do we apply? I'm confused about the out land/in land options.

Once we are married, can we apply immediately? How long does the application take? Can she start work immediately after receiving her status?

Is there any benefit to us marrying vs living common law?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
joshuacv said:
Hello :D

This is my first post and I am very new to all of this immigration stuff.

I am currently dating a Japanese girl and we have been discussing marriage. She arrived in Canada on a working holiday visa in March of 2011 and we started dating in October 2011. Her plan is to return to Japan for 4 or 5 months to deal with family and employment commitments. She already has an undergrad from Japan, but she was hoping to return on a student visa to continue university. At this point it looks like she may not be able to get into the school she had hoped to so she may not be a student when she returns. I have a good job and was planning to marry her when she returns in the summer.

We are concerned about her not being able to work when she returns to Canada in the summer of 2012.

Can anyone provide some advise on how we should proceed. Should we possibly get married before she leaves (within the next month)? If so, how do we apply? I'm confused about the out land/in land options.

Once we are married, can we apply immediately? How long does the application take? Can she start work immediately after receiving her status?

Is there any benefit to us marrying vs living common law?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
1. If you apply as spouses, there is no cohabitation requirement, if you want to apply common-law, you must prove 12 months of continuous cohabitation. That 4-5 months break for her to go home would be considered too long a break, so you would have to restart the clock on cohabitation.

2. Apply Outland. She can remain in Canada as a visitor, she is visa-exempt coming from Japan, and Tokyo's timeline is about 8 months. Inland would mean she could not leave Canada, and it would take 10-11 months just for first stage approval. There would be no advantages to be gained for her to apply Inland.

3. Yes, you may apply immediately after marrying, and as I said Tokyo takes an average of 8 months for 80% of cases. She would be able to work immediately on receiving PR, yes.

4. Immigration-wise? None. Each has their respective requirements that must be met, and each has pros and cons.

jun14

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/june/11
Doc's Request.
10/ NOV /11
File Transfer...
14/Aug/11
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
10/ may /11
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
VISA ISSUED...
INSHaALLAH soon
LANDED..........
INSHaALLAH soon
Come on ND Give Me a Birthday Gift Today :) I am waiting for your call Or Email :) Give me please :)[/move] 8)[/move]

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum so your help and expertise on spousal sponsorship will be very much appreciated. I've read the CIC guidelines as well as Leon's post. However, I need your advise on the BEST option for me. Here's the scenario:

My boyfriend is Canadian and I am from the Philippines. He has been here 2x and I've been to Canada once. We have been talking about marriage and the best and fastest way for us to be together. I know that the fastest is getting married here in the Philippines and submitting and outland application as I have friends who have done the same thing and are now reunited with their husbands. I understand that if the sponsor will ONLY be sponsoring the spouse, the financial requirements are waved. Does this also mean that he doesn't need to provide proof of income for 12 months? What if he just started work, is it ok to provide his income from his start date to present, which is less than 12 months? is there a minimum # of months that the sponsor should be working for him to qualify as sponsor or it doesn't matter as long as he is working since the financial requirements have been waved?

Sometimes, I am also tempted to think about doing an inland application. However, this would be longer and requires a lot of other application papers (extension of visit, work permit, etc). However, I have 2 more questions:

1. Is it possible to file an outland application but be in Canada while waiting for it? Or once I get the approval from the embassy, I need to leave Canada to get my passport and go back to Canada?

2. Can we get married in Canada, when I visit, but still submit an outland application since I need to go back to the Philippines?

We want to be together as much as possible but are looking also for the best and fastest option.

Looking forward to your responses!

nayakae

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
15-Mar-2012
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2012
Passport Req..
09-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2012
LANDED..........
September 28, 2012
hi, i would like to know of our chances to be approved, me and my husband just got married last Oct. 15, 2011. we are currently in the process of gathering documents as proof of our relationship. Me & my husband were classmates during our sophomore yr. in highschool, after we graduated yr.1997 we've not seen each other again, until we got reconnected after 14yrs. thru facebook dec. 2010, after chatting and updating, we fell inlove with each other & decided to be in a long-distance relationship end of Jan.2011, everyday chatting & also seeing each other thru skype, & also made our relationship known to our family and friends, knowing that we really love each other & realizing that we both want to settle down & have our own family we decided to get married jul. 2011 but we realized that the time was short for us to prepare for our wedding coz we want family & friends to celebrate with us, we moved it to Oct.15. he arrived Oct.2, from the time he arrived we went out & do the other things needed for our wedding, Oct. 5 we had our Pre-nuptial pictorial, and for the rest of the 2weeks before the day of our wedding had dinners with our God Parents and distributed our invitations to our family relatives and friends, and we also took a pre-marriage couseling/seminar conducted by our church because its a Christian wedding & its our church requirement as well. After the wedding some more dinners with family and relatives, then Oct.18-22 we went to Boracay for our Honeymoon, then when we came back from our honeymoon. we had more of family get-togethers from both of our families. Nov. 4,2011 he went back to canada and now we are fixing our papers. i would like to know of what you think of our chances? I miss him so much, 1month and 1week of being together is not even closer to being enough... i really want us to be together... hope you can help me and give me some encouragement. thanks! God bless us all!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koala18 said:
Does this also mean that he doesn't need to provide proof of income for 12 months? What if he just started work, is it ok to provide his income from his start date to present, which is less than 12 months? is there a minimum # of months that the sponsor should be working for him to qualify as sponsor or it doesn't matter as long as he is working since the financial requirements have been waved?
They aren't exactly waved but there are no specific requirements. That means that they will not tell him he must make $x per year but you could still be denied if it looks like he is making no money at all and once you arrive, you would both be on welfare. Therefore, he should give them last years tax return if he has one and if he just started work he can get a letter from his employer stating that he is employed there since date x and makes $x per hour/month and he can include copies of his last 3 pay slips.

koala18 said:
Sometimes, I am also tempted to think about doing an inland application. However, this would be longer and requires a lot of other application papers (extension of visit, work permit, etc). However, I have 2 more questions:
And a big downside with inland is that you are not supposed to leave. As you are from the Philippines, I assume you need a TRV. Should something happen at home, one of your family seriously ill or has an accident and you want to go and be with them, if you have a pending inland, you could easily be refused a TRV to go back to Canada again and that means you lose your inland and the time you waited already would be for nothing.

koala18 said:
1. Is it possible to file an outland application but be in Canada while waiting for it? Or once I get the approval from the embassy, I need to leave Canada to get my passport and go back to Canada?
You can file outland while you are in Canada visiting or you can apply outland and visit Canada during your processing if you have/get a TRV. However, TRV's are often denied for visiting spouses due to perceived risk of overstay. If you want to stay longer than 6 months and your processing is ongoing, you can apply to extend your visit status from inside Canada. Just tell them that you are waiting for your outland, show funds or a letter from your spouse along with pay slips saying they will support you and show that you have travel insurance in case you get sick or have an accident.

koala18 said:
2. Can we get married in Canada, when I visit, but still submit an outland application since I need to go back to the Philippines?
If you get a TRV, you can marry in Canada and then apply outland and then you can either leave or stay depending on what you want.

nayakae

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
15-Mar-2012
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2012
Passport Req..
09-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2012
LANDED..........
September 28, 2012
hi, I'm really new here, i'm from manila philippines and my husband is a permanent resident in Canada.

The time that we had been together is really short, will it affect our application?

Really need responses!

Thanks!

Scenario:
Me and my husband just got married last Oct. 15, 2011. I already sent to him the application formsand the other documents as proof of our relationship. Me & my husband were classmates during our sophomore yr. in highschool, after we graduated yr.1997 we've not seen each other again, until we got reconnected after 14yrs. thru facebook dec. 2010, after chatting and updating, we fell inlove with each other & decided to be in a long-distance relationship end of Jan.2011, everyday chatting & also seeing each other thru skype, & also made our relationship known to our family and friends, knowing that we really love each other & realizing that we both want to settle down & have our own family we decided to get married jul. 2011 but we realized that the time was short for us to prepare for our wedding coz we want family & friends to celebrate with us, we moved it to Oct.15. he arrived Oct.2, from the time he arrived we went out & do the other things needed for our wedding, Oct. 5 we had our Pre-nuptial pictorial, and for the rest of the 2weeks before the day of our wedding had dinners with our God Parents and distributed our invitations to our family relatives and friends, and we also took a pre-marriage couseling/seminar conducted by our church because its a Christian wedding & its our church requirement as well. After the wedding some more dinners with family and relatives, then Oct.18-22 we went to Boracay for our Honeymoon, then when we came back from our honeymoon. we had more of family get-togethers from both of our families. Nov. 4,2011 he went back to canada and now we are fixing our papers. i would like to know of what you think of our chances? I miss him so much, 1month and 1week of being together is not even closer to being enough... i really want us to be together... hope you can help me and give me some encouragement. thanks! God bless us all!