22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Dear guys
I am am going to add my spouse very soon in the proceesing as MY ECAS status is IN PROCESS in CHC NDVO. I am now in Denmark in residence and work permit visa for the last 10 months. My wife also joined me recently here as I sponsored her as an accompaning family member. So we are living here in the same address.
Now my question is what documents should i sent to CHC ND from current place (Denmark) and my own country to add my spouse with me??. I have only marriage registration certificate from my village government office. No pictures are available. What else can i do to prove that my marriage is genuine to CHC. can you please share me your suggesstions?? May be a quick checklist....

shaby

Dec 19, 2011
Sharp2000 said:
Dear guys
I am am going to add my spouse very soon in the proceesing as MY ECAS status is IN PROCESS in CHC NDVO. I am now in Denmark in residence and work permit visa for the last 10 months. My wife also joined me recently here as I sponsored her as an accompaning family member. So we are living here in the same address.
Now my question is what documents should i sent to CHC ND from current place (Denmark) and my own country to add my spouse with me??. I have only marriage registration certificate from my village government office. No pictures are available. What else can i do to prove that my marriage is genuine to CHC. can you please share me your suggesstions?? May be a quick checklist....
can any one tell what is means,

"your case is in process and is in quoe for initial review"...

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
rjessome said:
After you get married. He applies to sponsor you. I hear that word "Petition" a lot from my Filippino clients. We don't use it for Canadian immigration but I've also heard it in Europe.
i have a similar question. my bf and i are planning to get married so that he can sponsor me. the question that I previously posted here is related to income even though there is no income requirements for spousal sponsorship. He graduated college last year and then went backpacking to Australia few months after. Net, he is still in the process of looking for a job. However, you mentioned here that even a student can sponsor the spouse, what will they do/ indicate in the income part of the application? Will this be also applicable to us or should my we wait until he gets a job before getting married and applying for sponsorship? Thank you very much!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
koala18 said:
i have a similar question. my bf and i are planning to get married so that he can sponsor me. the question that I previously posted here is related to income even though there is no income requirements for spousal sponsorship. He graduated college last year and then went backpacking to Australia few months after. Net, he is still in the process of looking for a job. However, you mentioned here that even a student can sponsor the spouse, what will they do/ indicate in the income part of the application? Will this be also applicable to us or should my we wait until he gets a job before getting married and applying for sponsorship? Thank you very much!
No, you don't have to wait until he gets a job. You can and should outline clearly how your needs will be cared for during the time period until he does have one and how you plan to become self-sufficient. So, if you will be living with family who will also be providing support, say so and provide a letter of support from them. If you will be working or attending school before doing so, outline whatever plans you have in that regard as well.

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
No, you don't have to wait until he gets a job. You can and should outline clearly how your needs will be cared for during the time period until he does have one and how you plan to become self-sufficient. So, if you will be living with family who will also be providing support, say so and provide a letter of support from them. If you will be working or attending school before doing so, outline whatever plans you have in that regard as well.
Thanks! Do you know folks who have the same situation and were successful in their application?
Another simple question, after getting married, which name should the wife reflect in the application form, the maiden name or the new name (acquiring the surname of the husband)?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
koala18 said:
Thanks! Do you know folks who have the same situation and were successful in their application?
Another simple question, after getting married, which name should the wife reflect in the application form, the maiden name or the new name (acquiring the surname of the husband)?
Yes, there are a number of folks on here who applied as students. Whatever name you use on the forms should match whatever is in your passport. It doesn't matter if it's your maiden name, and then you change to your married name in the passport, you can submit the new passport later (I did).

Mimeow

Jan 23, 2012
Hi there,

I hold Vietnam nationality and PR card of US for the past 4 years before I moved to Montreal with my fiance. We are going to get solemnization in a couple weeks and concerning about how to get our sponsorship applications started.

As I understand, it would be more beneficial if I apply for Outland because of my intention on travelling back to Vietnam later this summer. So I should be applying to have my applications processed in Buffalo.

I notice that I need to have my medical exam done, does it mean I can do it here in Mtl? Does it have to be certain clinics?

About my criminal record and background check, am I required to get all the history back from my home country as well or only US will be sufficient?

Thank you very much in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mimeow said:
Hi there,

I hold Vietnam nationality and PR card of US for the past 4 years before I moved to Montreal with my fiance. We are going to get solemnization in a couple weeks and concerning about how to get our sponsorship applications started.

As I understand, it would be more beneficial if I apply for Outland because of my intention on travelling back to Vietnam later this summer. So I should be applying to have my applications processed in Buffalo.

I notice that I need to have my medical exam done, does it mean I can do it here in Mtl? Does it have to be certain clinics?

About my criminal record and background check, am I required to get all the history back from my home country as well or only US will be sufficient?

Thank you very much in advance.
Yes - you can have the medical done in Montreal. You must use one of the DMPs listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

You must provide police certificates for every country you have lived in for six months or more since the age of 18.

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Hello,

Do you guys know if someone else can pickup your passport at the Canadian Embassy once your visa has been granted?

If the answer is yes, what is the process do you send them an email / mail with the name of the person that will pickup your passport?

Thanks

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
Hey All,

Been reading through a bit and I'm wondering if I can get some help clearing up a few things. I'm sponsoring my fiancee, who lives in the US, and will sponsor her as my wife (after we officially get married, of course). I'm unsure about the following:

a) the CIC site says that the processing time for a sponsor is 68 days, and for an applicant is 9 months (roughly). However, I only see one application (albeit, quite large). Why the 2 processing times? I just want to make sure that there aren't separate applications to fill out as a Sponsor prior to filling out the application for PR.
b) chances are we're going to apply when we are living together in Canada (although we're going to make sure it's an application from out of land). However, she only gets a 6 month stay in Canada while this thing is being processed, at least according to 1-800-O-CANADA. Is there any way to "renew" a temporary visa, or will she have to obtain a work permit / study permit (depending what she decides)?

I'm kind of nervous about this application procedure because it's so stringent, and the wait time is so long that I don't want to send a package in and find out that it's missing info or anything like that.
We're pushing to be living together in the middle of the summer (which is why I'm really trying to get the ball rolling on this now), and then apply basically once she gets into Canada.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
68 days is to confirm the sponsor eligability to sponsor from mississuaga

9 months is process the applicant

c_farah said:
Hey All,

Been reading through a bit and I'm wondering if I can get some help clearing up a few things. I'm sponsoring my fiancee, who lives in the US, and will sponsor her as my wife (after we officially get married, of course). I'm unsure about the following:

a) the CIC site says that the processing time for a sponsor is 68 days, and for an applicant is 9 months (roughly). However, I only see one application (albeit, quite large). Why the 2 processing times? I just want to make sure that there aren't separate applications to fill out as a Sponsor prior to filling out the application for PR.
b) chances are we're going to apply when we are living together in Canada (although we're going to make sure it's an application from out of land). However, she only gets a 6 month stay in Canada while this thing is being processed, at least according to 1-800-O-CANADA. Is there any way to "renew" a temporary visa, or will she have to obtain a work permit / study permit (depending what she decides)?

I'm kind of nervous about this application procedure because it's so stringent, and the wait time is so long that I don't want to send a package in and find out that it's missing info or anything like that.
We're pushing to be living together in the middle of the summer (which is why I'm really trying to get the ball rolling on this now), and then apply basically once she gets into Canada.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
C_Farah,

a) they process the application in 2 parts, the first part is sent to Mississauga On, where they see if you (the sponsor) meet the criteria to actually be a sponsor. you will recieve notification of that once it is approved (after 68 days, as you say)

THEN, the entire package is sent to the visa office you have chosen (U.S location) where it will be fully processed and you will get and answer after the average time of 9 months.

it's one entire application, but it's just separated into 2 sections, one for the sponsor to fill and one for the applicant to fill out.

but it's MUCH faster sending it out to the US, good choice.... done through canada the wait times are 1.5 years i have heard!

b) I don;t know the details of renewing a visitor visa. you might want to call the CIC for that? but I have heard people say that if you leave canada for a day, come back again you will get another visitor visa... but i could be SO WRONG, so don't quote me!!!

i haven't sent my application yet either, so this is just what i have learned as well over the months, someone might be more informed than I am

good luck1

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chio said:
HI:

I'm sponsoring my husband, I live in Canada and he lives in Peru. I sent the application in March, got the first answer in April and then they sent the application to Lima to start my husband process and we haven't heard from them since then, it's been four month. I sent them an email a week ago but no answer.
How long do they take to answers your e mail ? Should I worry about it ? I really want to know if they receive my husband's application ....
I hope you can help me
Thanks !
Hey I am about to enter your same boat. Curious How your process is going and where you got married. My fiance works on a cruise ship. He recently was denied a Visitor's Visa as he said he would have $8000 to bring after his contract, (in sept) however they wanted to see that it was in his account already. Our plan is for him to get the visa in August and come back to Canada to get married... change all the paperwork.. apply for extension. and WAIT. Would love to hear where you are at in the process!! Thank God for Skype!!!

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
figgy said:
C_Farah,

a) they process the application in 2 parts, the first part is sent to Mississauga On, where they see if you (the sponsor) meet the criteria to actually be a sponsor. you will recieve notification of that once it is approved (after 68 days, as you say)

THEN, the entire package is sent to the visa office you have chosen (U.S location) where it will be fully processed and you will get and answer after the average time of 9 months.

it's one entire application, but it's just separated into 2 sections, one for the sponsor to fill and one for the applicant to fill out.

but it's MUCH faster sending it out to the US, good choice.... done through canada the wait times are 1.5 years i have heard!

b) I don;t know the details of renewing a visitor visa. you might want to call the CIC for that? but I have heard people say that if you leave canada for a day, come back again you will get another visitor visa... but i could be SO WRONG, so don't quote me!!!

i haven't sent my application yet either, so this is just what i have learned as well over the months, someone might be more informed than I am

good luck1
Thank you for clearing that up.
I've definitely heard the same thing RE: applying from within Canada

I'm not too far from the US office, so that's the other reason we chose to apply from the US

I'm really unsure about question B though
Especially because there is no "temporary / visitor" visa for US Citizens (from what I've been told) - instead they're allowed to come into Canada and stay for 6 months w/o having to obtain a visa.

Wondering if leaving then returning truly does reset the 6 months....

EagerFever

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-11
AOR Received.
23-02-12
File Transfer...
24-01-12
Med's Done....
23-10-11
Passport Req..
Fingers Crossed
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed. Toes Crossed.
LANDED..........
Body Crossed in Anticipation :)
First of all, congratulations to all Novemberians who are getting closer to the final stage!

I am very anxious with my application but excited too.

The stats are as follows:

- Medical: October 15, 2011
- Sent : November 23, 2011
- Received (Mississauga): November 24, 2011
- AOR: January 16, 2011
- Approval for Sponsorship / file sent to Buffalo: January 23, 2011

Fingers Crossed!!

PS: will it really take 11 months from now? :-X