London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
toutesweet said:
Is it? She will still be in Canada then, for the marriage. Will she not be eligeable for implied status? I really am not pretending to know. Just trying to figure it out. Can they not put in an application then? Is that the best thing to do?
You are absolutely right. The date doesn't matter because of the marriage. My bad...
Implied status is no longer available on Family Class Sponsorship applications apparently, because you can't submit an OWP application with the PR application any longer.

gleysabel

Jan 22, 2014
zardoz said:
You are absolutely right. The date doesn't matter because of the marriage. My bad...
Implied status is no longer available on Family Class Sponsorship applications apparently, because you can't submit an OWP application with the PR application any longer.
By the way my fiancee is here in Canada for a working visa. She came from the philippines. So what's the best possible option for us now that they are not accepting OWP with the PR application? Will my soon to be wife be sent back home to the philippines because her work visa expires in July 2014 and we'll be sending our application by April time after the wedding.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
gleysabel said:
By the way my fiancee is here in Canada for a working visa. She came from the philippines. So what's the best possible option for us now that they are not accepting OWP with the PR application? Will my soon to be wife be sent back home to the philippines because her work visa expires in July 2014 and we'll be sending our application by April time after the wedding.
1) apply for a work permit extension.
2) find an employer willing to do an LMO.
3) switch to visitor status.
4) remain without legal status.
5) go home.
6) apply for a study permit.

I think that's all the alternatives...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
girl101 said:
Im forced into this arrange marriage how can i stop or cancell my application without anyone knowing i did? I dont want family members finding outt? Pls help
If it were me, and I were that terrified of cancelling and them finding out, I would put a call into CIC when nobody knew, inform them of my situation and allow them to 'deny' the application based on MOC or something along those lines. It would save you, the 'forced' sponsor from having to cancel the application for yourself. Otherwise, the only option left is for you to cancel the sponsorship and accept the outcome.

canadiansteve

Jan 20, 2014
Chala and Ponga, thank you for your replies.

We have considered applying outland, but as we are not married yet, it would cost us more in plane tickets running around, and we don't really have the extra 2-3 thousand. The inland is longer, but a lot of it depends on us being able to be together to cut down on living costs, plus of course internet, and phone bills that come with the long distance, and not to mention the time when we have a 6 hour difference.

And Ponga, thanks you have given very informative answers. Yes we will be applying for both the OWP, as we will state in our essays that it is important to our success to both be employed as soon as possible. Do you think it is necessary to apply for the Visa extension as well? Sending in all forms at once might cover our asses, but maybe it is enough and she will receive implied status.

As for arriving together, I am a bit worried about it, especially since we'd be coming to get married and stay together. Do you think theres a good chance of the border officer stamping her passport for 6 months and us convincing them it's just a visit? We could mention we'll be at my parents house that could help. By the way it's not her first visit. She was here for 4 months last summer.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
girl101 said:
Im forced into this arrange marriage how can i stop or cancell my application without anyone knowing i did? I dont want family members finding outt? Pls help
If this was an arranged marriage with the purpose of assisting someone to immigrate to Canada, it will be considered as a "marriage of convenience". If this is the case, it's possible that it might put you at risk as well.

You should, if you are no longer WILLING to be a party to this sponsorship, immediately notify CIC of the facts and withdraw the application. If it's allowed to continue, you are stuck with the possible financial consequences for at least 3 years and possibly much, much longer. You do realise just how the sponsorship undertaking works?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canadiansteve said:
Chala and Ponga, thank you for your replies.

We have considered applying outland, but as we are not married yet, it would cost us more in plane tickets running around, and we don't really have the extra 2-3 thousand. The inland is longer, but a lot of it depends on us being able to be together to cut down on living costs, plus of course internet, and phone bills that come with the long distance, and not to mention the time when we have a 6 hour difference.

And Ponga, thanks you have given very informative answers. Yes we will be applying for both the OWP, as we will state in our essays that it is important to our success to both be employed as soon as possible. Do you think it is necessary to apply for the Visa extension as well? Sending in all forms at once might cover our asses, but maybe it is enough and she will receive implied status.

As for arriving together, I am a bit worried about it, especially since we'd be coming to get married and stay together. Do you think theres a good chance of the border officer stamping her passport for 6 months and us convincing them it's just a visit? We could mention we'll be at my parents house that could help. By the way it's not her first visit. She was here for 4 months last summer.
You do realise that there is no longer the option to apply for an OWP with the inland PR application, and therefore no "implied status" via that route? (as of the last couple of days). Just checking....

canadiansteve

Jan 20, 2014
zardoz said:
You do realise that there is no longer the option to apply for an OWP with the inland PR application, and therefore no "implied status" via that route? (as of the last couple of days). Just checking....
You have got to be kidding me, that would basically just destroy our plans. Source please? And does implied status not come from the sponsorship application itself, I was informed in an immigration consultation that this is the case and she could receive implied status regardless of applying for OWP.

Also, if this is true it just makes me sick as to what Canada is doing with concerns of equality. This is a massive blow to young couples who don't have a lot of money, and that is just BS that we could be expected to run around to get married and spend all that money but then not even be able to stay together, what a joke.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canadiansteve said:
You have got to be kidding me, that would basically just destroy our plans. Source please? And does implied status not come from the sponsorship application itself, I was informed in an immigration consultation that this is the case and she could receive implied status regardless of applying for OWP.

Also, if this is true it just makes me sick as to what Canada is doing with concerns of equality. This is a massive blow to young couples who don't have a lot of money, and that is just BS that we could be expected to run around to get married and spend all that money but then not even be able to stay together, what a joke.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-sponsorship-rules-canada-makes-it-even-harder-for-us-t182180.0.html

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
canadiansteve said:

You can still stay together in Canada. She could be on a visitor visa and extend her stay during the process. You can still apply for the OWP, you will just need to do it online when you receive AIP and it will take about 10 days (according to current processing times). The only thing that changes is implied status by having already submitted the OWP. All is not lost!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The mere submission of an inland PR application has never provided "implied status". It has only, as "public policy", protected people from being removed from the country if they were "out of status". It was the OWP that did the magic.
Someone on here noted that even that "public policy" is now being changed as far as CBSA is concerned.

canadiansteve

Jan 20, 2014
msbozick said:
You can still stay together in Canada. She could be on a visitor visa and extend her stay during the process. You can still apply for the OWP, you will just need to do it online when you receive AIP and it will take about 10 days (according to current processing times). The only thing that changes is implied status by having already submitted the OWP. All is not lost!
So in other words it's an administrative change? It doesn't actually change anything except for how they organize it. And implied status from my understanding can also be obtained by a visitors visa extension. We just don't have the money to be screwing around in and out of the country, so as long as the expectations don't change this is basically the same in my eyes. Perhaps they'll even lower the OWP price if it has become automated, but I doubt it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canadiansteve said:
So in other words it's an administrative change? It doesn't actually change anything except for how they organize it. And implied status from my understanding can also be obtained by a visitors visa extension. We just don't have the money to be screwing around in and out of the country, so as long as the expectations don't change this is basically the same in my eyes. Perhaps they'll even lower the OWP price if it has become automated, but I doubt it.
Implied status as a visitor can, but not as a worker or student. I think this is triggered as much as anything by the fact that inland applications now go to CPC-M instead of CPC-V (as of yesterday). So, those trying to get implied status for IEC/PGWP are now dead in the water...

canadiansteve

Jan 20, 2014
zardoz said:
The mere submission of an inland PR application has never provided "implied status". It has only, as "public policy", protected people from being removed from the country if they were "out of status". It was the OWP that did the magic.
Someone on here noted that even that "public policy" is now being changed as far as CBSA is concerned.
Well of course, Canada is an extremely hypocritical country, they will want to change their policy so that they can attract the richest immigrants. I don't think anyone (at least that I have seen) has said that PR application gives implied status by default, but I would be surprised if they can just say that there is no implied status, that would basically mean that applying inland has no benefits. Like it has already been said, just apply for a visa extension and boom magic, you have implied status as long as you applied 30 days before expiry.

canadiansteve

Jan 20, 2014
zardoz said:
Implied status as a visitor can, but not as a worker or student. I think this is triggered as much as anything by the fact that inland applications now go to CPC-M instead of CPC-V (as of yesterday). So, those trying to get implied status for IEC/PGWP are now dead in the water...
I don't think you're right here, but then again, what are PGWP and IEC?