London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canadiansteve said:
Well of course, Canada is an extremely hypocritical country, they will want to change their policy so that they can attract the richest immigrants. I don't think anyone (at least that I have seen) has said that PR application gives implied status by default, but I would be surprised if they can just say that there is no implied status, that would basically mean that applying inland has no benefits. Like it has already been said, just apply for a visa extension and boom magic, you have implied status as long as you applied 30 days before expiry.
I can't comment on the policy.. Just wanted to make sure that you knew about the changes, as they happened after your dialogue with Ponga.

IEC (Working holiday) and PGWP (post-grad WP) are non-extendable, but people have been using the OWP to try and claim "implied status" as workers, when in fact it is not permitted.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiansteve said:
So in other words it's an administrative change? It doesn't actually change anything except for how they organize it. And implied status from my understanding can also be obtained by a visitors visa extension. We just don't have the money to be screwing around in and out of the country, so as long as the expectations don't change this is basically the same in my eyes. Perhaps they'll even lower the OWP price if it has become automated, but I doubt it.
Surprise! As zardoz mentioned, CIC changed the rules on Jan 15 (and again on the 21st) regarding Inland applicants.

Think of it as two parts:

CIC allows you to apply Inland regardless of legal status,provided she has an eligible sponsor and has no other inadmissibility issues.

CBSA no longer has their administrative deferral in place that coincided with CIC's policy. Does that mean that she would be deported? Not necessarily.
Even with CBSA's suspension of the policy, if they know/see that she has an application submitted, it should be a good thing...right?!

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
canadiansteve said:
So in other words it's an administrative change? It doesn't actually change anything except for how they organize it. And implied status from my understanding can also be obtained by a visitors visa extension. We just don't have the money to be screwing around in and out of the country, so as long as the expectations don't change this is basically the same in my eyes. Perhaps they'll even lower the OWP price if it has become automated, but I doubt it.

She would keep her status as long as she extended her visa. I'm sorry if you have said, but where is she from? It's likely her original visitor visa will be for 6 months and when you apply for the extention (before the original expires-- they recommend you apply for the extent ion at least 30 days prior to expiry) she will have "implied status" until the new visitor visa is granted. Likely the new visa will be for a year, possibly only 6 mos but mine and others have been granted for a year. This time frame will take you pretty close if not all the way to AIP at which time you can apply for the OWP online.

So you're right, admin changes basically, and it also keeps people responsible for maintaining status and/or not working on implied status during the process.

But for you, nothing would change but to extend her visitor visa.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
I can't comment on the policy.. Just wanted to make sure that you knew about the changes, as they happened after your dialogue with Ponga.

IEC (Working holiday) and PGWP (post-grad WP) are non-extendable, but people have been using the OWP to try and claim "implied status" as workers, when in fact it is not permitted.
I think you nailed it. IEC/PGWP and the confusion on whether or not a person could keep working, is the real catalyst for CIC's changes. The collateral damage, unfortunately, impacts those that were submitting their OWP for a pseudo layer of protection.

canadiansteve

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks msbozick, that clears it up. Basically admin changes at least in my case, she's from Poland so yes a 6 month visitors visa is what we will get. Applying for the extension before the expiry is not a problem. As for zardoz, sorry about your situation, but if either me or my girlfriend had the money to attend school in our home country let alone outside of it as an international student there would be no excuses for us to not be together by now. Although perhaps our level of commitment to each other is higher than it should be.

Deportation is a real concern, although I don't see how it could happen as long as we submit the extension visa. Does anyone know if you can appeal a deportation or if the government has to state some kind of legit reason for one?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canadiansteve said:
As for zardoz, sorry about your situation,
Don't worry on my account.. I've already "landed".

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
Hello Everyone! :)
Years ago when I sponsored someone and we both lived in Ontario, we did not get a request for passports, we were just sent a letter to go to immigration office where they asked us a few simple questions and then received our landing documents at that time.

My question now is do they now always request for passports if you are both in Canada? I believe we are now coming to an end to our journey " hopefully" and was curious if that is what will happen next, or will we possibly get a letter like I did years ago.

sallyander

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2012
AOR Received.
15/01/2013
File Transfer...
15/01/2013
Med's Done....
22/04/2013
Passport Req..
02/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
May be soon
Hi,

Can some one help me of the kind of questions the VO would be asking my 9 year old daughter. The interview request letter specifically asks for the child to attend as she has been adopted by my present husband.

I have no clue what would they can ask a minor child about ...any suggestions or views will help me a lot in the interview. My Visa office is NDVO

Warm Regards,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sallyander said:
Hi,

Can some one help me of the kind of questions the VO would be asking my 9 year old daughter. The interview request letter specifically asks for the child to attend as she has been adopted by my present husband.

I have no clue what would they can ask a minor child about ...any suggestions or views will help me a lot in the interview. My Visa office is NDVO

Warm Regards,
They probably want to see if her story matches yours. They will also be looking to see if she has been "coached" to say certain things. If I was a visa officer, I would also be checking for a possible "Adoption of Convenience".

sallyander

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2012
AOR Received.
15/01/2013
File Transfer...
15/01/2013
Med's Done....
22/04/2013
Passport Req..
02/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
May be soon
zardoz said:
They probably want to see if her story matches yours. They will also be looking to see if she has been "coached" to say certain things. If I was a visa officer, I would also be checking for a possible "Adoption of Convenience".
What do you mean by "Adoption of Convenience" If you can kindly guide me. See the divorce order says i have the custody of the child. even before my child was born we were seperated. we have no touch with the father. No support no communication. We have registered an adoption deed from sub register office. additionally the adoption ceremony according to hindu rights has been done. We have the pictures also included in the registered deed.

Now pls help seeing my case how do i need to guide my kid. Pls help. my interview is in next week.

Regards,
sally

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sallyander said:
What do you mean by "Adoption of Convenience" If you can kindly guide me. See the divorce order says i have the custody of the child. even before my child was born we were seperated. we have no touch with the father. No support no communication. We have registered an adoption deed from sub register office. additionally the adoption ceremony according to hindu rights has been done. We have the pictures also included in the registered deed.

Now pls help seeing my case how do i need to guide my kid. Pls help. my interview is in next week.

Regards,
sally
Sometimes, children are "adopted" just so that they can get PR status in Canada and other countries.. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but the visa office must still consider it.
In all honesty, it might be better if you don't try to "guide" the child, so that answers to any questions are natural and not rehearsed.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Alurra71 said:
If it were me, and I were that terrified of cancelling and them finding out, I would put a call into CIC when nobody knew, inform them of my situation and allow them to 'deny' the application based on MOC or something along those lines. It would save you, the 'forced' sponsor from having to cancel the application for yourself. Otherwise, the only option left is for you to cancel the sponsorship and accept the outcome.
I totally agree.

vania

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25.11.13 new Schedule A
AOR Received.
27.08.13/ from VO 30.01.14
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2013/4.11.14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,

My husband is a Canadian. I`m the sponsored person and have two dependent children. One from my previous marriage and one from my Canadian husband. The second one already have a Canadian citizenship, but never been there.

My question: When we land/ hope soon/ what should I do with the health insurance? I mean, I know that i must be there 3 months to obtain health card, what about the kids if someone got ill. Is that the same for Canadian citizen child and not Canadian./PR/
What is the best way, because they are small and i`m afraid what should I do if someone get a flu? Can I buy insurance for all of us from my country?

Thank you in advance

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
vania said:
Hi,

My husband is a Canadian. I`m the sponsored person and have two dependent children. One from my previous marriage and one from my Canadian husband. The second one already have a Canadian citizenship, but never been there.

My question: When we land/ hope soon/ what should I do with the health insurance? I mean, I know that i must be there 3 months to obtain health card, what about the kids if someone got ill. Is that the same for Canadian citizen child and not Canadian./PR/
What is the best way, because they are small and i`m afraid what should I do if someone get a flu? Can I buy insurance for all of us from my country?

Thank you in advance
Are you landing in Ontario? If so, you and and your whole family needs to have been living in Ontario for 3 months before you qualify for OHIP. It doesn't matter if you are a citizen or PR. It is recommended to purchase emergency health insurance. Many insurers have some kind of "Visitors to Canada" plan or "New Immigrant to Ontario" plan that works well for this.

vania

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25.11.13 new Schedule A
AOR Received.
27.08.13/ from VO 30.01.14
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 2013/4.11.14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you very much.
Yes, we plan to land in Ontario. If I understand properly,after we land I can purchase that insurance. or I can buy from my country, or my husband /he is in Ontario/can do that to be valid from the date we land?