+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
I am preparing an online sponsorship package and come across Form 5562 - Travel history (as supplementary form) for PA and SP. This is not listed under document check list for common law sponsorship outside Canada. It is quite confusing whether or not this is required.

Is this form mandatory for my sponsorship? Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am preparing an online sponsorship package and come across Form 5562 - Travel history (as supplementary form) for PA and SP. This is not listed under document check list for common law sponsorship outside Canada. It is quite confusing whether or not this is required.

Is this form mandatory for my sponsorship? Thanks.
Start with the official package:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

Read the instructions, and then tell us what they say.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi Everyone. I have a question about Spousal sponsorship. Im PR and in Canada now. Want to apply for immigration for my husband.

My child has submitted a Super Visa application for my husband. Once my husband receives the Super Visa he'll come to Canada and live in Canada with me, on Super Visa.

Should I apply for INLAND or OUTLAND for my husband? I either apply for INLAND spousal sponsorship once he's in Canada, or apply for OUTLAND now.

What're the pros and cons for each option? my husband has a job in our home country, so the Work Permit in Canada isn't a priority for him.

Is it true that once he applies for INLAND, it's best for him to stay in Canada, otherwise it would affect the spousal sponsorship negatively?
Which one has a higher approval rate?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone. I joined this forum recently and have a question about Spousal sponsorship. Should I apply for INLAND or OUTLAND? I am in Canada and have PR card. My husband is not in Canada. I can either apply for a visitor visa for him, and apply for INLAND spousal sponsorship once he's in Canada, or apply for OUTLAND now. What're the pros and cons for each option? He has a job in our home country so the Work Permit in Canada isn't a priority for him.

Is it true that once he applies for INLAND, it's best for him to stay in Canada, otherwise it would affect the spousal sponsorship negatively?

Which one has a higher approval rate?
-He doesn't have a visa yet, so don't make plans based on something uncertain.
-Short form: apply outland.
-If he's going to remain in home country and work there until approved as PR, zero benefit in inland, some downsides.
-Yes, an inland application should mostly stay ... inland.
-I don't know that either has a different approval rate.

One small note, if he wishes to visit during the process, it may be better to apply for the visitor's visa before the spousal app. Do that now whle you prepare the spousal app.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
-He doesn't have a visa yet, so don't make plans based on something uncertain.
-Short form: apply outland.
-If he's going to remain in home country and work there until approved as PR, zero benefit in inland, some downsides.
-Yes, an inland application should mostly stay ... inland.
-I don't know that either has a different approval rate.

One small note, if he wishes to visit during the process, it may be better to apply for the visitor's visa before the spousal app. Do that now whle you prepare the spousal app.
Thank you very much!

My child has submitted a Super Visa application for my husband. Once my husband receives the Super Visa he'll come to Canada and live in Canada with me, on Super Visa. Im wondering whether I should wait till he's here and then apply for INland spousal, or apply for OUTland spousal now. Could you please share your thoughts? Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My child has submitted a Super Visa application for my husband. Once my husband receives the Super Visa he'll come to Canada and live in Canada with me, on Super Visa.
Did it not occur to you that these facts are relevant to your questions above? And that for others to answer those questions, you should share relevant information?

Im wondering whether I should wait till he's here and then apply for INland spousal, or apply for OUTland spousal now. Could you please share your thoughts? Thanks!
Personally I would wait until he receives the supervisa so that the PR app doesn't affect the judgment about the supervisa.

As for outland vs inland: if he doesn't wish to work while the file is in process, the simplest is to apply outland, as then no need to stay in Canada (should somethign come up).

I do not know which might be quicker. There are published timelines but I'm not certain whether they are in fact accurate for apps filed now. It's possible inland would be quicker but I do not know.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Did it not occur to you that these facts are relevant to your questions above? And that for others to answer those questions, you should share relevant information?

Personally I would wait until he receives the supervisa so that the PR app doesn't affect the judgment about the supervisa.

As for outland vs inland: if he doesn't wish to work while the file is in process, the simplest is to apply outland, as then no need to stay in Canada (should somethign come up).

I do not know which might be quicker. There are published timelines but I'm not certain whether they are in fact accurate for apps filed now. It's possible inland would be quicker but I do not know.
Thank you very much!

I added the SUPERVISA info in my original post.

ultron.ash

Jul 5, 2015
Dear members,

Can you advise if I can apply for a work permit for my spouse once the the AIP stage is reached? The agent is asking me to pay the money as he thinks the spouse can be in Canada within 5 months (Outland application). I'm a Canadian PR

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear members,

Can you advise if I can apply for a work permit for my spouse once the the AIP stage is reached? The agent is asking me to pay the money as he thinks the spouse can be in Canada within 5 months (Outland application). I'm a Canadian PR
If you applied outland, you cannot apply for OWP. Fire your agent.

Reactions: ultron.ash

Maple928

Nov 30, 2022
Hi Everyone, I've submitted my PR application online via Permanent Residence Portal yesterday. May I know how can I link up my application in GCKeys to check the status? Thanks!

Reactions: TNBR

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
Hi Everyone, I've submitted my PR application online via Permanent Residence Portal yesterday. May I know how can I link up my application in GCKeys to check the status? Thanks!
Slow your row you will get to link after receiving AOR or medical request whichever one comes first for now you can't

Reactions: Maple928

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
Congratulations on submission all the best

Reactions: Maple928