+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your advise. i have started working on his visitor visa application. i was wondering what reason should i use for extending his visitor status. shall i say that he is waiting for his spousal sponsorhip or should i use some other reason. i am really scared if they would reject.
Yes, say spouse sponsorship in process and give relevant info eg date submitted.

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
can anyone guide me about the travelling, can i travel from Pakistan if my PPR will issue in saudi arabia. Or i have to fly from saudi arabia to canada directly?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
i mean pakistan immigration will not make problem?? that visa is issued in KSA why are you traveling from here. note( my wife will also travel with me and she canadian citizen.
the concern of any country even at the level of the travel agency at the airport ,is that you have all the needed documents to travel to your destination ,or else they wont allow you to board the plane ,as for any restrictions in Pakistan specifically that im not an expert .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
can anyone guide me about the travelling, can i travel from Pakistan if my PPR will issue in saudi arabia. Or i have to fly from saudi arabia to canada directly?
If you have the visa and copr, you can fly from anywhere that will let you in or to transit, Canada doesn't care where you arrive from.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
i mean pakistan immigration will not make problem?? that visa is issued in KSA why are you traveling from here. note( my wife will also travel with me and she canadian citizen.
Whether pakistan will let you in or not is a pakistan issue, nothing to do with Canada. If you mean for boarding the plane to Canada, should not be an issue, but check with the airline.

Reactions: Shukaib Ahmed

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Question for the group: what do CBSA agents ask the PA upon arrival? I'd think that they'd ask for the sponsor info (name, address, any IRCC documents, etc). But would they ask for specifics from his originating country of residence? Ie: if he lived in a different country than his place of birth, will they ask for his status in the residence country? Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Question for the group: what do CBSA agents ask the PA upon arrival? I'd think that they'd ask for the sponsor info (name, address, any IRCC documents, etc). But would they ask for specifics from his originating country of residence? Ie: if he lived in a different country than his place of birth, will they ask for his status in the residence country? Thanks in advance
They mainly just ask for address in Canada and other questions to just confirm identity. Other minor questions might come up.

But can they ask about residence in other countries or whatever? Sure. Just tell the truth.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
They mainly just ask for address in Canada and other questions to just confirm identity. Other minor questions might come up.

But can they ask about residence in other countries or whatever? Sure. Just tell the truth.
Great, thanks so much!

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
I left out and very important: they will ask you to confirm various details on the COPR are true and correct and haven't changed, and you'll also sign it (to that effect). The big one here is whether your family circumstances have changed.
Got it, awesome! Thanks again

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
@armoured
Hi,
Do we have to be physically present in Canada when we submit spousal sponsor application? Can we submit the application while we’re in a different country on a vacation?
Thanks