+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Money remaining in Norway is a start. Again, they don't seem to spend a lot of effort worrying about ETA visitors on arrival at airports. Just answer briefly and relaxed. Tell them you're here to wait out the norwegian winter, that'll get a laugh. Or that you'll go to spain and wait on the beach. Or you have vague plans of some kind or another.

(Illegal immigration from Norway is not a huge issue here)
What about exiting and re-entering during inland application, what should I say at the officer for reason of entry? At that point I can't be vague about the application I guess as they will be able to see that I have been staying in Canada for a long time and probably even see I have applied for spousal sponsorship? Are there reports of officers being tough on proof of ties to my home country? I mean... if I applied for spousal sponsorship, obviously my plan A is to move to Canada, so it is difficult to keep ties for 1+ year in the home country... does the officer consider this fact when dealing with people who applied for spousal sponsorship or are we treated like any other temporary resident?

HardikD

Feb 15, 2021
Outland online - Aug.13, 2022
AOR - Nov.17, 2022
Biometric Request - Nov.17, 2022
SA - Nov.21, 2022
Medical Request - Nov.21, 2022
Biometric completed- Nov.22, 2022

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What about exiting and re-entering during inland application, what should I say at the officer for reason of entry? At that point I can't be vague about the application I guess as they will be able to see that I have been staying in Canada for a long time and probably even see I have applied for spousal sponsorship? Are there reports of officers being tough on proof of ties to my home country? I mean... if I applied for spousal sponsorship, obviously my plan A is to move to Canada, so it is difficult to keep ties for 1+ year in the home country... does the officer consider this fact when dealing with people who applied for spousal sponsorship or are we treated like any other temporary resident?
I do not know much about how that works. You can check with others. After applying, of course, you should tell the truth. I don't think they are going out of their way to refuse people in that situation, but do not know.

Sometimes advice here is that if one will travel a lot, you can apply outland. You seem to expect that travel will be from work on a spousal OWP. Idon't know how much sense that makes since owp apps seem to be processed quite slowly (and in some cases effectively late enough that PR status achieved basically around the same time).

Kai342

Nov 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

We saw on the portal today that IRCC has updated the "Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) details" for my spouse's inland application (online).

Can someone please help us understand what the next steps will be - in terms of receiving a physical COPR document and potentially the PR card? We have neither received an email update nor any COPR letter via mail.

Really appreciate the guidance.

patel.gaurav123

Jul 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

We saw on the portal today that IRCC has updated the "Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) details" for my spouse's inland application (online).

Can someone please help us understand what the next steps will be - in terms of receiving a physical COPR document and potentially the PR card? We have neither received an email update nor any COPR letter via mail.

Really appreciate the guidance.
for Inland currently it is taking more than month to receive portal invite, after portal invite you will receive the ecopr doc on portal. In my case I have been waiting from oct17

Reactions: Kai342

Mucho268

Dec 8, 2020
ive been waiting for portal invite for weeks, I checked my spam email and saw they sent it to be 8 days ago, saw this "You have seven (7) days from the date of this email to confirm you're in Canada, provide your mailing address in Canada and submit your PR card photo" its been over 7 days , what can I do please?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
ive been waiting for portal invite for weeks, I checked my spam email and saw they sent it to be 8 days ago, saw this "You have seven (7) days from the date of this email to confirm you're in Canada, provide your mailing address in Canada and submit your PR card photo" its been over 7 days , what can I do please?
I'd respond immediately and not wait.

anika12

Nov 25, 2022
I am getting my ghost updating every day but I am not able to see any update in my profile.
Can someone help me my workplace people are not expecting anything they just want either work permit or copr

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I am getting my ghost updating every day but I am not able to see any update in my profile.
Can someone help me my workplace people are not expecting anything they just want either work permit or copr
Help you with what? Nothing anyone here can do. Its a waiting game we all must play.

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hello everyone,
We just submitted Spousal application Outland but we have forgotten to include a Document Checklist, just trying to figure if our application will be returned? What can we do to include a checklist in the application?
Thanks.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hello everyone,
We just submitted Spousal application Outland but we have forgotten to include a Document Checklist, just trying to figure if our application will be returned? What can we do to include a checklist in the application?
Thanks.
I believe it will be returned. Its very clear in the application that you must include it.

Reactions: rubz9911

jrahman

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Hello everyone,
Thanks.
Almost certain they will return. But don't wait for them to return as it may take few months for them to check your files. I would call IRCC call center and ask them to return your package right away.

Reactions: rubz9911