+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Imari

Star Member
Sep 24, 2021
There is anyone know if you need to send original of police certificate to Accra VO or uploaded gckey or webform it is enough.
If you need to send it to Accra VO , since I live in Ghana can I drop off myself to Canada high commission in Accra.
please need help.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
IMM5669 (Section C)

This is really annoying, do I have to enter names in native language?

This form I have to enter only principle applicant’s education info right or do I have to enter everyone's (family, members, sponsor, etc) education history of her family?

PLEASE HELP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ih4221

Kknewb

May 30, 2022
Can a PA with an OWP leave Canada while they are waiting for a decision for about 2 weeks?. Every step complete except PA eligibility.. Shows not started in tracker. Also PA been in Canada since March but got work approved and is currently working. Will they be allowed back in without an issue?

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
My file was transfered to Accra August 11, 2022. On Oct 3rd, 2022 I got Medical Request Via GC Key portal.
Hello pls can u private chart me I have few questions I want to ask u pls since Dey transfer our file to same place
I will be glad if u can send me messages pls I don’t mind giving u my phone no or my email
Thanks

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Any update for outland applicants with New Delhi VO? We applied in Apr'22, and no update since Aug 8th after medicals.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
There is anyone know if you need to send original of police certificate to Accra VO or uploaded gckey or webform it is enough.
If you need to send it to Accra VO , since I live in Ghana can I drop off myself to Canada high commission in Accra.
please need help.
You can submit a scanned copy through the webform or GCKey.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
In IMM008 for national identity card I cannot move forward without an expiry date, I can't even enter N/A.

Please help.
You can enter 12-12-9999 or select no and continue.

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

I am living abroad with my Canadian wife and planning to move back to Canada in the new year to apply for inland sponsorship.

• Does my wife need to declare at the border she is moving back permanently? I believe she does if she wants to declare the goods she is bringing in? In reality we would only have a couple of large suitcases. If she does need to declare she is moving back permanenty at the border, is it better than if I enter as visitor a few days before her, so the border officer won't know about her plans to move back permanently and won't question me coming along with her/asking for proof of ties to home country to let me in as a visitor?
  • Similarly, is it better if I buy return tickets so that the border officer won't get suspicious I am planning to stay quite long and won't ask for proof of ties to home country to let me in as a visitor? Or they don't have access to this info from the airline? Also if I buy one way ticket, any risk the airline would refuse me boarding?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I am living abroad with my Canadian wife and planning to move back to Canada in the new year to apply for inland sponsorship.

• Does my wife need to declare at the border she is moving back permanently? I believe she does if she wants to declare the goods she is bringing in? In reality we would only have a couple of large suitcases. If she does need to declare she is moving back permanenty at the border, is it better than if I enter as visitor a few days before her, so the border officer won't know about her plans to move back permanently and won't question me coming along with her/asking for proof of ties to home country to let me in as a visitor?
  • Similarly, is it better if I buy return tickets so that the border officer won't get suspicious I am planning to stay quite long and won't ask for proof of ties to home country to let me in as a visitor? Or they don't have access to this info from the airline? Also if I buy one way ticket, any risk the airline would refuse me boarding?
I don't think airlines get into this at all anymore.

Arriving: it makes more sense if she is arriving to say returning. Generally CBSA won't make a big deal of it unless the visitor clearly looks like they are moving forever. If asked, you are helping her settle in, stay will be 'a few or some months' (vague). I would suggest avoiding outright lies - but it's okay to not be certain, eg yes we plan to eventually apply for sponsorship, we know could do inland but not decided, plans to return. Logical reasons not to do like "if I do that I couldn't work while waiting" may be more convincing.

Personally I think CBSA no longer gives a lot of weight to return tickets (because easy to say will buy online later). Only an opinion though, I hven't experienced.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether better to travel separately etc. It might make some difference, but there's relatively little evidence (reports) that CBSA goes out of their way to refuse people at flight arrivals who have valid visitor docs (visa or ETA).

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
You'll have to decide for yourself whether better to travel separately etc. It might make some difference, but there's relatively little evidence (reports) that CBSA goes out of their way to refuse people at flight arrivals who have valid visitor docs (visa or ETA).
Thanks. I am just worried if they asked me about ties to my home country as I feel I won't have a convincing proof. All I would have is: my parents have a spareroom for me (in Spain) and I have quite a lot of savings (in Norway). Obviously I will have given up my job in my home country (Norway)... not sure what else I can show as proof of ties that would be convincing for the officer in case they ask me

Kai342

Nov 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

We saw on the portal today that IRCC has updated the "Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) details" for my spouse's inland application (online).

Can someone please help us understand what the next steps will be - in terms of receiving a physical COPR document and potentially the PR card? We have neither received an email update nor any COPR letter via mail.

Really appreciate the guidance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks. I am just worried if they asked me about ties to my home country as I feel I won't have a convincing proof. All I would have is: my parents have a spareroom for me (in Spain) and I have quite a lot of savings (in Norway). Obviously I will have given up my job in my home country (Norway)... not sure what else I can show as proof of ties that would be convincing for the officer in case they ask me
Money remaining in Norway is a start. Again, they don't seem to spend a lot of effort worrying about ETA visitors on arrival at airports. Just answer briefly and relaxed. Tell them you're here to wait out the norwegian winter, that'll get a laugh. Or that you'll go to spain and wait on the beach. Or you have vague plans of some kind or another.

(Illegal immigration from Norway is not a huge issue here)

Reactions: YVR123