+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

potche28

Star Member
May 28, 2016
hi everyone! i have question under sponsor questionaire #10 where you yourself sponsored to come to Canada? I'm on Provincial Nominee Program before.

sngh0416

Jun 6, 2016
NEED HELP!!!!!!!NEED HELP!!!!!!

Hello everyone, i have questions regarding sponsoring spouse. We got engaged backhome and got marriage certificate in Canada. My spouse is on study visa and currently studying in another province than i am living in Canada. I don't understand how should i apply for my spouse sponsorship. Should i apply as inland sponsorship or Outland Sponsorship. I think i can choose either of them but if i am choosing outland so how should i proceed with the sponsorship application. Can my spouse stay in Canada while the processing of my application. What other things i need to consider before applying the sponsorship. What are documents and papers can be attached to support the application. please reply!

Thanks

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
sngh0416 said:

Hello everyone, i have questions regarding sponsoring spouse. We got engaged backhome and got marriage certificate in Canada. My spouse is on study visa and currently studying in another province than i am living in Canada. I don't understand how should i apply for my spouse sponsorship. Should i apply as inland sponsorship or Outland Sponsorship. I think i can choose either of them but if i am choosing outland so how should i proceed with the sponsorship application. Can my spouse stay in Canada while the processing of my application. What other things i need to consider before applying the sponsorship. What are documents and papers can be attached to support the application. please reply!

Thanks
Apply outland. Your spouse can do so from within Canada. Where is your spouse from? With a straight forward application, most outland applicants take a maximum of about 12 months, and many take much less time. With inland you're looking at a longer time than that. I believe you must be living together to apply inland. If there is an interview, your spouse will have to travel to their home country. Here is the list of forms and the instruction guide (please read the guides) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

sngh0416

Jun 6, 2016
my spouse is originally from India and now in BC in Canada!! So if there is an interview my spouse has to back India for that and also is this mean that my spouse can stay in Canada while the processing!!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
sngh0416 said:
my spouse is originally from India and now in BC in Canada!! So if there is an interview my spouse has to back India for that and also is this mean that my spouse can stay in Canada while the processing!!
Your spouse can stay in Canada while the outland application processes. If an interview is required she will have to go to India for that most likely. Inland is only an option if both of you are living together, so unless you're able to do that then outland is the only option. Also, your spouse can submit an Open Work Permit with the Inland application, which would grant her implied status if her original status is about to expire, but the PR application itself doesn't grant any status. Again, this isn't an option if you aren't living together.

A thread about someone recently being requested proof of cohabitation while married with an inland application: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cohabitation-proof-needed-if-married-t428900.0.html

sngh0416

Jun 6, 2016
my spouse will be done with the studies in august and then my spouse is applying for work permit based on the studies done in Canada. Does that effect sponsorship application(outland).

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
sngh0416 said:
my spouse will be done with the studies in august and then my spouse is applying for work permit based on the studies done in Canada. Does that effect sponsorship application(outland).
No. Any study/work visas/permits won't affect her PR application (whether inland or outland). Either you can wait until your spouse is done with his/her studies and find a way to live together and apply inland, or you can apply outland now. I can't guarantee you won't need an interview, and I'm sure the cost and likelihood of the interview will be something you'll have to think about and decide which option will be better for both of you. With an inland application it's advised that the principal applicant (your spouse) doesn't leave Canada at all during an inland application, because even if your spouse leaves on a short few day trip, if s/he is denied entry then it will invalidate the whole application.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Warsaw - PL / Oshawa - CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016 (missed); request by phone on 21-06-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Tickets bought for: 12-09-2016
Hi guys,

I need some support in terms of our situation..
We got a refusal today, stating that my spouse didn't show up for an interview that was scheduled for march 10th..
Based on this, our case was refused.
Weird thing is, we did not receive any notice, by mail, e-mail, phone nothing, we check the post office, e-mail 10 times and we didn't find any communication from the embassy in Warsaw.
We are replying to the e-mail from the embassy stating our situation.
Do you think it will solve anything?
Do we need to appeal?
This is crazy.. such a silly thing.. :(
Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mia_79 said:
Hi guys,

I need some support in terms of our situation..
We got a refusal today, stating that my spouse didn't show up for an interview that was scheduled for march 10th..
Based on this, our case was refused.
Weird thing is, we did not receive any notice, by mail, e-mail, phone nothing, we check the post office, e-mail 10 times and we didn't find any communication from the embassy in Warsaw.
We are replying to the e-mail from the embassy stating our situation.
Do you think it will solve anything?
Do we need to appeal?
This is crazy.. such a silly thing.. :(
Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks
you are better off sending in a new application and explaining the issue than you are appealing. Appealing is long and costly. If it is just a matter of missing an interview, and you provide an explanation, it probably won't negatively affect a new application. I would recommend getting in touch with the sponsor's Canadian MP (member of parliament) to see if they can help reopen your current application. Sometimes, if they apply enough pressure, it will be reopened and processed accordingly. Also, it may be worth it to send a case specific email to the visa office and requesting the application be reopened since the interview letter was never received.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
you are better off sending in a new application and explaining the issue than you are appealing. Appealing is long and costly. If it is just a matter of missing an interview, and you provide an explanation, it probably won't negatively affect a new application. I would recommend getting in touch with the sponsor's Canadian MP (member of parliament) to see if they can help reopen your current application. Sometimes, if they apply enough pressure, it will be reopened and processed accordingly. Also, it may be worth it to send a case specific email to the visa office and requesting the application be reopened since the interview letter was never received.
I second this opinion and advice.

I would reapply as well in your situation.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Warsaw - PL / Oshawa - CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016 (missed); request by phone on 21-06-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Tickets bought for: 12-09-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
Thanks for your support guys... we just sent an e-mail to the immigration section of the Warsaw embassy.
Thankfully my sisters finance works with a lot of politicians so perhaps he can push something.
Uff.. never expected such a silly technicality..
How can they make a decision without following up with the request?
My wife and I live together, they could at least contact me when they get a no reply from her.
But i guess we're all just 0's and 1's..
Sorry to kill the mood guys.

Cheers and good luck to us all!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mia_79 said:
Thanks for your support guys... we just sent an e-mail to the immigration section of the Warsaw embassy.
Thankfully my sisters finance works with a lot of politicians so perhaps he can push something.
Your sister's fiance won't be able to do anything. YOU need to contact your MP now and ask them to send a request to reopen your app.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
hey guys , my wife and i have put in our paperwork for spousal spons .... how do we check up on progress? ... my wife is canadian , im a kiwi , our twin girls are dual citizens ... we all live in New Zealand ...
cheers blair

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
kiwiblair said:
hey guys , my wife and i have put in our paperwork for spousal spons .... how do we check up on progress? ... my wife is canadian , im a kiwi , our twin girls are dual citizens ... we all live in New Zealand ...
cheers blair
You can check on the CIC's application status check page online. Not updated as timely or frequently as we'd like.

Also, your wife can request GCMS notes.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
BonManush said:
You can check on the CIC's application status check page online. Not updated as timely or frequently as we'd like.

Also, your wife can request GCMS notes.

sorry , what are gcms notes , and request from who?