+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
mia_79 said:
Hi guys,

I need some support in terms of our situation..
We got a refusal today, stating that my spouse didn't show up for an interview that was scheduled for march 10th..
Based on this, our case was refused.
Weird thing is, we did not receive any notice, by mail, e-mail, phone nothing, we check the post office, e-mail 10 times and we didn't find any communication from the embassy in Warsaw.
We are replying to the e-mail from the embassy stating our situation.
Do you think it will solve anything?
Do we need to appeal?
This is crazy.. such a silly thing.. :(
Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks
It's crazy, and I feel sorry for you. I would encourage you to go to your MP to ask for help. At the same time, I would also encourage you to get GCMS notes, so that you would know exactly when CIC sent you the communication for interview, if your contact information is correct, etc.

I am assuming that you did not use a representative, so the emails would go to your spouse (SA approval email goes to the sponsor, but all subsequent communication would go to the applicant). Emails can get deleted when mistaken as SPAM, and these events do happen. It happened to us. GCMS notes will let you know what went wrong, and hopefully, will allow you to plead your case with CIC to re-open it.

For example, if notes showed that CIC had your spouse's email address incorrectly, but you filled in the correct information on the application form, it's not your fault. Perhaps this would be in your favor.

Good luck.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
cheng9999 said:
It's crazy, and I feel sorry for you. I would encourage you to go to your MP to ask for help. At the same time, I would also encourage you to get GCMS notes, so that you would know exactly when CIC sent you the communication for interview, if your contact information is correct, etc.

I am assuming that you did not use a representative, so the emails would go to your spouse (SA approval email goes to the sponsor, but all subsequent communication would go to the applicant). Emails can get deleted when mistaken as SPAM, and these events do happen. It happened to us. GCMS notes will let you know what went wrong, and hopefully, will allow you to plead your case with CIC to re-open it.

For example, if notes showed that CIC had your spouse's email address incorrectly, but you filled in the correct information on the application form, it's not your fault. Perhaps this would be in your favor.

Good luck.
Hi Cheng9999

Can they still order for GCMS notes now that they have been refused on their application?

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Warsaw - PL / Oshawa - CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016 (missed); request by phone on 21-06-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
Tickets bought for: 12-09-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Your sister's fiance won't be able to do anything. YOU need to contact your MP now and ask them to send a request to reopen your app.
He e-mailed our local MP and asked for exactly this.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
cheng9999 said:

Good luck.
I will attempt to get the notes.
Thanks for you help and sympathy Chang.
We'll see what happens..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mia_79 said:
I will attempt to get the notes.
Thanks for you help and sympathy Chang.
We'll see what happens..
I would also triple check your spam. We've had a few people here who at first thought they weren't notified only to find the email a few days or weeks later after checking their spam folder for a second or third time. If you haven't already, I would also immediately contact the visa office to request that your file be reopened (reconsideration) stating that you didn't receive the interview notification. Good luck.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
scylla said:
I would also triple check your spam. We've had a few people here who at first thought they weren't notified only to find the email a few days or weeks later after checking their spam folder for a second or third time. If you haven't already, I would also immediately contact the visa office to request that your file be reopened (reconsideration) stating that you didn't receive the interview notification. Good luck.
We checked 10 times and found nothing.
Emailed the VO & got the MP involved.
My wife has a bad habit of deleting e-mails which she considers irrelevant.
Up until 1 month ago she assumed everything would be coming to me as well.
I think she might have deleted by mistake..

mcrystald

Aug 4, 2014
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My boyfriend is a Jewish Canadian and I am a Catholic Indian. Neither of our parents will be happy if we get married in the church (he would have to sign some docs or convert) or a synagogue (I would have to convert), for this reason we are thinking of having a court marriage and then a small reception.

Would CIC see this as an issue or could this be something we can explain to them? Do you think that this will bring up any suspicions?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mcrystald said:
Hi,

My boyfriend is a Jewish Canadian and I am a Catholic Indian. Neither of our parents will be happy if we get married in the church (he would have to sign some docs or convert) or a synagogue (I would have to convert), for this reason we are thinking of having a court marriage and then a small reception.

Would CIC see this as an issue or could this be something we can explain to them? Do you think that this will bring up any suspicions?
i am jewish, my husband is catholic. cic had no issue with this. we had a separate ceremony and reception. both small. as long as you can explain the reasons for your decisions there is no issue. it is not required that people have large weddings. small civil/courthouse weddings are pretty popular and that alone is not a reason for suspicion.

mia_79

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
Prior to submission
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
A general question.

Is it standard that my spouse has a separate UCI#?
When i received the first e-mail i was given an UCI, which i used to check the status of our application. Both of us were listed under this number.

Yesterday when my wife got her letter, she had a different UCI# listed on the top.
When i used her UCI to check the status, I found her being listed alone.

Is this normal?

Thanks for your help.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mia_79 said:
A general question.

Is it standard that my spouse has a separate UCI#?
When i received the first e-mail i was given an UCI, which i used to check the status of our application. Both of us were listed under this number.

Yesterday when my wife got her letter, she had a different UCI# listed on the top.
When i used her UCI to check the status, I found her being listed alone.

Is this normal?

Thanks for your help.
yes this is normal. UCI means Unique Client Identifier, so 2 people can't have the same number. The only number that is shared is the File number. The sponsor will always see the applicant's info in ECAS, but the applicant will not be able to see the sponsor's. This is normal and suggests nothing.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi,

My husband and I are planning to start our application. I have a few questions and I hope someone can enlighten us about it. Background, my husband is a PR and I'm on a study permit expiring next year. We have a son born a few months ago so, he is a Canadian citizen. How do we go about our application? Will I be the only one being sponsored or my son included? And we going with the inland application.

I'll perhaps start with those questions first. Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamvenus said:
Hi,

My husband and I are planning to start our application. I have a few questions and I hope someone can enlighten us about it. Background, my husband is a PR and I'm on a study permit expiring next year. We have a son born a few months ago so, he is a Canadian citizen. How do we go about our application? Will I be the only one being sponsored or my son included? And we going with the inland application.

I'll perhaps start with those questions first. Thank you!
For starters, were you and your husband married after he became a PR in 2014?

Or, had the two of you lived together (anywhere) for at least one year on the day that he landed?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Ponga said:
For starters, were you and your husband married after he became a PR in 2014?

Or, had the two of you lived together (anywhere) for at least one year on the day that he landed?
No, he became a PR in Dec 2010 and we got married in Dec 2015. But we've been together since 2009. I only came to Canada a couple of years ago.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamvenus said:
No, he became a PR in Dec 2010 and we got married in Dec 2015. But we've been together since 2009. I only came to Canada a couple of years ago.
So, who landed in May 2014 (from the information shown in your time line)?

As long as were not his Common-Law partner in Dec 2010, you can be sponsored. I guess by saying that you've been `together', you mean that you were dating until your marriage last year.

Your son does not need to be included in your application, since he is already a Canadian citizen.