+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
erical said:
Hey everyone,

The more I read, the more confused I grow about this process. I tried to search for a step-by-step instruction guide for outland applicants but couldn't find what I was looking for exactly because of the large number of posts. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I found lots of useful tips in my searches but I still have lots of small questions about the outland process. I.e.where to send the application, do I need to write NA on everything, proof of relationship tips, etc.

Thanks!
Even if you do not read what other people do on the forum, CIC website is quite clear. The instructions are given out step-by-step. Just follow them one by one.

Download all the guide and all required forms for both sponsor and applicant (plus his/her dependents). Read the guide. Fill in all the forms. Run through the checklist what documents you need to provide. Check off those you satisfy completely, then move onto the next required item.

Depending on whether the guide tells you to do upfront medical or later. If you need to do upfront medical, leave that as the last step so that your medical has the longest period of validity. Unless you have no choice, don't do the medical, then wait 3 months to prepare your application package and send it in. By that time, you only have less than 9 months left on your medical report, and if CIC does not process your application within that 9 months, you may have to re-do your medical later...more time and extra cost.

Pay online for the application fees. Then send everything together in 1 package.

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
erical said:
Hey everyone,

The more I read, the more confused I grow about this process. I tried to search for a step-by-step instruction guide for outland applicants but couldn't find what I was looking for exactly because of the large number of posts. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I found lots of useful tips in my searches but I still have lots of small questions about the outland process. I.e.where to send the application, do I need to write NA on everything, proof of relationship tips, etc.

Thanks!
CIC website is the best source for overall process info. This forum is best for specific questions and time tracking.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
scooby707 said:
she is from india..i am also an indian citizen. i got pr through pnp..Is that true that she will be getting workpermit with in 5 months as u said?
And how would it be a problem as she is having a visiting visa with multiple entry for atleast 1 year.(i hope she get for atleast 1 year).

and what is a visa excempt?is there anyway i can talk to u in phone or by email...coz i really need help..thanks

sanMUG said:
Hello fellow applicants :)

I am starting my inland spousal sponsorship application 2016 along with OWP.
I have a few questions before I send my stack of papers to Mississauga office, I hope you guys can help me as I want to make no mistakes :)

1.) How many photos am I supposed to send in to show our commom-law relationship timeline? (should they printed?)
2.) I already have a post graduate work permit that is expiring in December 2016, would I be receiving OWP before that expires?
3.) Can I send in my Police certificate later or is it advisable to do that now as well?
4) I already did my Medical certificate in India in 2014, should wait until they request it or is it best to complete that as well?

Please help me and All the best to all you guys waiting for your OWP and PR!!!

Thank You

Sanjana
I read you guys are from India and are planning to apply inland. I want to highlight certain points which you might not have noticed. Recently New Delhi visa office have started processing the new applications pretty fast. Many Jan-Mar 2016 applications already have COPR. Although there are many still waiting. There are many from as long as May-June 2015 who are waiting. Seems that they are processing the new ones faster. If you apply outland and your file is sent to NDVO, you may get PR even before getting OWP from inland. Note that you can apply outland even if you are in Canada. If you are already on work permit in Canada, your outland application may go to Ottawa (which is also a pretty fast VO) but if you are on tourist visa, it will most probably go to New Delhi.

On the other hand, if you apply inland you must live in Canada for the entire processing of your application. There is always a risk that if you leave Canada and are denied re-entry (because of any reason) you application will be denied and you'll have to start all over again. Having a tourist visa or work permit does not guarantee entry in Canada.

Although, I've read that many Oct-Nov 2015 inland applicants also have AIPs, So it seems that they might be processing the new inland applications also faster.

britishlad

May 27, 2016
hi everyone,

if we have received AIP and SA, does that mean that we will not be asked for an interview? i provided a lot of documents as proof of our relationship with our original application. i submitted my medial and police check with fingerprints almost 8 weeks ago (after receiving a request to do so) and i am just trying to work out if we are on the final stretch or if there is a chance that they could still request an interview and this could delay the decision date.

thank you

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
You are in the early stages of the process. In order to know if they will request an interview you would need to see the notes on file. I suggest you wait a couple of months and order those it will give you an idea of what is happening with the application.

britishlad

May 27, 2016
Galano1213 said:
You are in the early stages of the process. In order to know if they will request an interview you would need to see the notes on file. I suggest you wait a couple of months and order those it will give you an idea of what is happening with the application.
thanks for your reply! i should have given a little bit more background information in my first post.

my application was received at VO feb 6, 2015
AOR received March 29, 2015
SA and AIP April 8, 2016
medical requested March 23, 2016
medical completed April 6, 2016
RCMP check with fingerprints requested April 8
RCMP check with fingerprints submitted April 12, 2016
i requested notes and did not see anything suggesting an interview would be requested (the only thing i noticed was that they needed fingerprints but i received the request from CIC for these shortly after receiving my notes)

i really hope i am not still in the early stages of the process as i have already been waiting 16 months.

my question was more general though. does AIP mean that we provided enough proof of our common-law relationship and that we will not be requested to take an interview? or can we still be requested to take an interview after receiving AIP?

i know that despite waiting this long i have still not reached the processing time suggested on CIC website but the fact that they requested my medical gave me the impression things were moving faster than anticipated (maybe this was just wishful thinking).

thanks,

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
britishlad said:
thanks for your reply! i should have given a little bit more background information in my first post.

my application was received at VO feb 6, 2015
AOR received March 29, 2015
SA and AIP April 8, 2016
medical requested March 23, 2016
medical completed April 6, 2016
RCMP check with fingerprints requested April 8
RCMP check with fingerprints submitted April 12, 2016
i requested notes and did not see anything suggesting an interview would be requested (the only thing i noticed was that they needed fingerprints but i received the request from CIC for these shortly after receiving my notes)

i really hope i am not still in the early stages of the process as i have already been waiting 16 months.

my question was more general though. does AIP mean that we provided enough proof of our common-law relationship and that we will not be requested to take an interview? or can we still be requested to take an interview after receiving AIP?

i know that despite waiting this long i have still not reached the processing time suggested on CIC website but the fact that they requested my medical gave me the impression things were moving faster than anticipated (maybe this was just wishful thinking).

thanks,
For an INLAND applicant, AIP means that the relationship has been verified and all that's left is admissibility check (security, background and medical). Having said that...CIC is making a lot of mistakes. People that are married are being asked to submit common-law evidence, such as proof of cohabiting, so...anything's possible.

If they follow their own rules, you should be fine.

kyledoyle14

Mar 1, 2016
Outland via Vienna. Currently in Canada as my wife is Canadian and kids are too. I was Canadian until 3 years ago.
So far this is what I have gotten in my application status.... Still waiting for my FBI clearance so i can forward it to the proper authorities.
Additionally just paid the Right to Permanent Residence Fee today. Any help/idea how much longer the process will be?
Thanks in advance :)

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on April 20, 2016.
We started processing your application on May 31, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
JO1986 said:
CIC website is the best source for overall process info. This forum is best for specific questions and time tracking.
Just so that you know...we found that everything on the forum was not correct for us...it was opposite....we also found that CIC site is good for an overview, follow their steps. CIC will tell you what to do and when to do it...once they have your application...this site is good for venting and telling your experience but DO NOT take what someone tells you on here as law..Take what someone says and look it up on CIC site...We were told to apply for a Work permit cause we had a TRP so we did based on the info here and the CIC...the work permit was denied and we are now having to go through 2ndry inspection for the next 8 to 10 years and we have approved Rehab and PR...

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Sunset0505 said:
Just so that you know...we found that everything on the forum was not correct for us...it was opposite....we also found that CIC site is good for an overview, follow their steps. CIC will tell you what to do and when to do it...once they have your application...this site is good for venting and telling your experience but DO NOT take what someone tells you on here as law..Take what someone says and look it up on CIC site...We were told to apply for a Work permit cause we had a TRP so we did based on the info here and the CIC...the work permit was denied and we are now having to go through 2ndry inspection for the next 8 to 10 years and we have approved Rehab and PR...
If you search carefully and double check you will get better advice here than from a lawyer or a consultant. Always remember that cic often acts and responds in very strange and unpredictable ways. Two identical applications can have different results.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Sous02 said:
If you search carefully and double check you will get better advice here than from a lawyer or a consultant. Always remember that cic often acts and responds in very strange and unpredictable ways. Two identical applications can have different results.
I am well aware...I just found coming to this site and one other that it was almost all sunshine and rainbows...I did not see anything that said anything bad..our journey started in 2004...denied entires...denied work permits...TRP that took almost three years...expired TRP's...Ottawa not being able to open attachments from their own site...expired meds...trips to LA from Virginia instead of New York for interviews...request for info from 1986...request for info that was so old it did not exist anymore...and I have also found out that neither a lawyer nor consultant can help the process..they can help you fill out the paper work but nothing more...So again follow CIC step by step...copy each and every single piece of paper that you send them and check everything three times and then have one other person check it too...

duggal2490

Apr 15, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am Permanent Resident of Canada and will be getting married on 14th June 2016 in India. I will be starting the process of Family Sponsorship soon. Before start, I have one doubt , do we need to send both the applications (SPonsorship as well as PR) to CPC Missisauga?.

Since I am on vacations to India and has applied for Travel Document to travel back to Canada (I didnt receive my PR card). Do I need to notify CIC about my marriage status change?

Regards
Ankush

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
duggal2490 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am Permanent Resident of Canada and will be getting married on 14th June 2016 in India. I will be starting the process of Family Sponsorship soon. Before start, I have one doubt , do we need to send both the applications (SPonsorship as well as PR) to CPC Missisauga?.

Since I am on vacations to India and has applied for Travel Document to travel back to Canada (I didnt receive my PR card). Do I need to notify CIC about my marriage status change?

Regards
Ankush
Both files will goes to cpc missisauga first. After sponsorship approval they will send file to new delhi by themselves. There is no need to notify cic abt marriage status.
Thanks

duggal2490

Apr 15, 2015
AG15 said:
Both files will goes to cpc missisauga first. After sponsorship approval they will send file to new delhi by themselves. There is no need to notify cic abt marriage status.
Thanks
Thanks :) Is it mandatory to change status on passport as well?

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
duggal2490 said:
Thanks :) Is it mandatory to change status on passport as well?
Its not mandatory to change status on passport . But I found out these days it takes less than three week to renew your passport here in India. So if you want to renew passport get it done before sending file to missisuaga and then send new passport details.
Thanks