+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
Have you asked your Canadian MP (member of parliament) to inquire for you? they can be helpful in getting information when applications are stuck or have no progress...
We Contacted Him but he is not willing to help. He said your Application is in under processing times and not necessarily Interview is last step of Application :(

scooby707

Nov 20, 2014
I became a PR 4 months back...I would like to sponsor my wife. As the processing times for outland is longer i would like to bring her through visiting visa(i know its hard to get a visiting visa) and then do inland application. If i do all these will the inland application takes more than 6 months to get my wife a status before the visiting visa time expires..that is 6 months..My intention is to bring my wife as early as possible..please help

scooby707

Nov 20, 2014
scooby707 said:
I became a PR 4 months back...I would like to sponsor my wife. As the processing times for outland is longer i would like to bring her through visiting visa(i know its hard to get a visiting visa) and then do inland application. If i do all these will the inland application takes more than 6 months to get my wife a status before the visiting visa time expires..that is 6 months..My intention is to bring my wife as early as possible..please help

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scooby707 said:
Just to make sure you are eligible to sponsor her...how long ago did you get married?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scooby707 said:
1 and half month ago
Good! As long as you hadn't lived together for a year or more (at any time during your relationship) before you landed as a PR, you can sponsor her.

Where is she from?

While it's true that some countries are taking a long time to process, the Inland route is painful...even with the lure of an OWP after ~ 5 months, because she is cautioned not to leave Canada during the process. Since it sounds like she is not visa-exempt, that would make it even more risky to leave during the process, IMO, because she would need a new visa to return to Canada.

scooby707

Nov 20, 2014
Ponga said:
Good! As long as you hadn't lived together for a year or more (at any time during your relationship) before you landed as a PR, you can sponsor her.

Where is she from?

While it's true that some countries are taking a long time to process, the Inland route is painful...even with the lure of an OWP after ~ 5 months, because she is cautioned not to leave Canada during the process. Since it sounds like she is not visa-exempt, that would make it even more risky to leave during the process, IMO, because she would need a new visa to return to Canada.
she is from india..i am also an indian citizen. i got pr through pnp..Is that true that she will be getting workpermit with in 5 months as u said?
And how would it be a problem as she is having a visiting visa with multiple entry for atleast 1 year.(i hope she get for atleast 1 year).

and what is a visa excempt?is there anyway i can talk to u in phone or by email...coz i really need help..thanks

sanMUG

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
Hello fellow applicants :)

I am starting my inland spousal sponsorship application 2016 along with OWP.
I have a few questions before I send my stack of papers to Mississauga office, I hope you guys can help me as I want to make no mistakes :)

1.) How many photos am I supposed to send in to show our commom-law relationship timeline? (should they printed?)
2.) I already have a post graduate work permit that is expiring in December 2016, would I be receiving OWP before that expires?
3.) Can I send in my Police certificate later or is it advisable to do that now as well?
4) I already did my Medical certificate in India in 2014, should wait until they request it or is it best to complete that as well?

Please help me and All the best to all you guys waiting for your OWP and PR!!!

Thank You

Sanjana

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Siempreamor said:
Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain my husband's son medical. We were only able to obtain a copy of his birth certificate as we ordered it ourselves. And so here we are into almost 14 months. Every time we call CIC they have s high number of calls and can't thru an agent. We tried requesting information from a casespecific inquiry and no response yet either. It's so stressful and frustrating right now. The unknown of status of our application as there is no update besides "permanent residency in progress".
Thank you once again for your advise.
Hi! I was wondering whether someone could give us some advise. I'm sponsoring my husband via the Outland route. His application states "permanent residency in progress". It's now been 15 months and we haven't heard back. My husband is American.
Please give us some advise. Thank you.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Siempreamor said:
Hi! I was wondering whether someone could give us some advise. I'm sponsoring my husband via the Outland route. His application states "permanent residency in progress". It's now been 15 months and we haven't heard back. My husband is American.
Please give us some advise. Thank you.
have you tried to contact your local MP and asks for an inquiry of your case?

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
yijiequ said:
have you tried to contact your local MP and asks for an inquiry of your case?
I have tried to get a case specific inquiry and all I was told is that my husband's application is for permanent residency in progress and that no further documentation is required. We're just wondering if an Outland application for USA is taking so long.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Siempreamor said:
I have tried to get a case specific inquiry and all I was told is that my husband's application is for permanent residency in progress and that no further documentation is required. We're just wondering if an Outland application for USA is taking so long.
Didn't you post on here a long time ago that you ended up not being able to get a medical exam for a child? I swear I remember Ponga saying that. If that's true, then a big delay doesn't surprise me.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Didn't you post on here a long time ago that you ended up not being able to get a medical exam for a child? I swear I remember Ponga saying that. If that's true, then a big delay doesn't surprise me.
Yes.. But, CIC told me that we didn't need to submit any further documentation.

erical

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Hey everyone,

The more I read, the more confused I grow about this process. I tried to search for a step-by-step instruction guide for outland applicants but couldn't find what I was looking for exactly because of the large number of posts. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I found lots of useful tips in my searches but I still have lots of small questions about the outland process. I.e.where to send the application, do I need to write NA on everything, proof of relationship tips, etc.

Thanks!