06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
kiwiblair said:
sorry , what are gcms notes , and request from who?
GCMS: Global case management system

^^this holds our files in electronic forms and notes are stored along with it when an officer reviews it

Any Canadian can request it as per access to information act (ATIP: Access to information and privacy). I'm still new around here and so cannot post a direct link. But you can google "CIC + ATIP" and that should take you to the "How to make a request under the Access to Information Act" page. All instructions are there. You'll need to print off and sign the consent form. Your wife will then have to scan it and upload that with her request application either online or by mail for a fee of CAD$5.

Search around the forums for "GCMS" for more details. Good luck. The results take about 30 days to get to you.

Whereas ECAS (the online CIC status check page) can be accessed at any time but contain very little information and sometimes not updated.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
BonManush said:
GCMS: Global case management system

^^this holds our files in electronic forms and notes are stored along with it when an officer reviews it

Any Canadian can request it as per access to information act (ATIP: Access to information and privacy). I'm still new around here and so cannot post a direct link. But you can google "CIC + ATIP" and that should take you to the "How to make a request under the Access to Information Act" page. All instructions are there. You'll need to print off and sign the consent form. Your wife will then have to scan it and upload that with her request application either online or by mail for a fee of CAD$5.

Search around the forums for "GCMS" for more details. Good luck. The results take about 30 days to get to you.

Whereas ECAS (the online CIC status check page) can be accessed at any time but contain very little information and sometimes not updated.
Here's the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

sngh0416

Jun 6, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
No. Any study/work visas/permits won't affect her PR application (whether inland or outland). Either you can wait until your spouse is done with his/her studies and find a way to live together and apply inland, or you can apply outland now. I can't guarantee you won't need an interview, and I'm sure the cost and likelihood of the interview will be something you'll have to think about and decide which option will be better for both of you. With an inland application it's advised that the principal applicant (your spouse) doesn't leave Canada at all during an inland application, because even if your spouse leaves on a short few day trip, if s/he is denied entry then it will invalidate the whole application.
Applying as outland!!

Hello Dear, One more question regarding sponsorship outland. Me and spouse also going back home to get married with rituals for our parents. So i can apply to sponsor my spouse now as we got married in Apr/2016 in Canada or do i have to wait till i get married back home with rituals. please advise.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
sngh0416 said:
Applying as outland!!

Hello Dear, One more question regarding sponsorship outland. Me and spouse also going back home to get married with rituals for our parents. So i can apply to sponsor my spouse now as we got married in Apr/2016 in Canada or do i have to wait till i get married back home with rituals. please advise.
As long as you are legally married now you can apply now. Many people choose to do a legal marriage first and submit the application, then do a bigger (cultural) ceremony back home with family/friends attending. Just write in y our application that you're waiting until whatever date to have a ceremony with your parents.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sngh0416 said:
Applying as outland!!

You need to be a Canadian citizen to leave Canada during the processing of the application. Are you a Canadian citizen?

sngh0416

Jun 6, 2016
Ponga said:
You need to be a Canadian citizen to leave Canada during the processing of the application. Are you a Canadian citizen?
I am PR and my spouse is on study Visa. Married in Canada. Leaving Jan back home for traditional marriage. And what kinda note I have to mention for this in the application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sngh0416 said:
I am PR and my spouse is on study Visa. Married in Canada. Leaving Jan back home for traditional marriage. And what kinda note I have to mention for this in the application.
Only sponsors that are Canadian citizens can be outside of Canada during the sponsorship process. You, as a PR, must remain in Canada. Leaving (even for a short trip) could be a problem.

waleedkhan

Oct 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I just received a request to forward my and my family members passports to the High Commission Islamabad. They are asking us to send an updated information chart according to Appendix A along with the passport. Just wanted to confirm that the updated Appendix form means IMM 5406. Your guidance would be highly appreciated.

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
Ponga said:
Only sponsors that are Canadian citizens can be outside of Canada during the sponsorship process. You, as a PR, must remain in Canada. Leaving (even for a short trip) could be a problem.
Just want to verify this..my husbsnd is on PR when he left Canada and went here to Philippines to marry me last January 2016. Rigjt now, he's back at Canada to work there. We submitted our application last month. My question is..is there really a problem with him leaving? Will it affect our apication?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
dolly0530 said:
Just want to verify this..my husbsnd is on PR when he left Canada and went here to Philippines to marry me last January 2016. Rigjt now, he's back at Canada to work there. We submitted our application last month. My question is..is there really a problem with him leaving? Will it affect our apication?
Ponga was referring to the fact that the PR sponsor needs to be in Canada during the process. If that was before you even applied for PR, you're fine.

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
Oh!..Sorry for that.. Haven't read the previous messages..Thanks for the reply..God bless..

can-ita

Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016, 9-05-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the country-specific processing times are different even if they all go through the same visa office?

In my case I'm going through Rome office, the website says Italy: 12 month, Greece: 10 months, Albania: 9 months.

Just wondering if anyone knows or has an idea why.

Thanks!

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Hello. I'm just curious to know how many people sent in their application without doing the upfront medical? My husband who is the pa and I (the sponsor) were debating to do the medical in advance and send it in with the application but last minute changed our minds and decided to do it when Cic requests it. Now I'm thinking it wasn't a good idea as it could delay the processing of the application. Anyone else in our shoes? Now I am having conflicting details whether or not to do the medical now or to wait. I'm still confused!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
taniam00 said:
Hello. I'm just curious to know how many people sent in their application without doing the upfront medical? My husband who is the pa and I (the sponsor) were debating to do the medical in advance and send it in with the application but last minute changed our minds and decided to do it when Cic requests it. Now I'm thinking it wasn't a good idea as it could delay the processing of the application. Anyone else in our shoes? Now I am having conflicting details whether or not to do the medical now or to wait. I'm still confused!!
did you apply outland or inland?

for inland - it's best to wait until it's requested because it can expire before the applicaiton starts processing

for outland - it's usually recommended to do it upfront or before it's requested. waiting for it to be requested could cause delay, and it could not. I would recommend getting it done NOW, and if the application is already at the visa office - meaning you already have sponsor approval - then you can send it per the instrucitons in the sponsor approval letter. if you don't have sponsor approval yet, then wait until you get sponsor approval, and send it per the instructions in the letter.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
CDNPR2014 said:
did you apply outland or inland?

for inland - it's best to wait until it's requested because it can expire before the applicaiton starts processing

for outland - it's usually recommended to do it upfront or before it's requested. waiting for it to be requested could cause delay, and it could not. I would recommend getting it done NOW, and if the application is already at the visa office - meaning you already have sponsor approval - then you can send it per the instrucitons in the sponsor approval letter. if you don't have sponsor approval yet, then wait until you get sponsor approval, and send it per the instructions in the letter.
Applied Outland. We applied 37 days ago. Haven't received AOR yet. which office requests for the medical? Cic or vo?