+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
we got DM on both sides, just received email from Vancouver office that they will contact me about arranging an appointment to finalize the process (an interview?). How long this will take for Vancouver office? And will they send an email, or? Thank you all<3
The interview is a few minutes and just really verifying your information and they usually send you an email.

Reactions: Yana2017

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone, question. For the landing interview, it says that I bring Temporary Resident document issued by CIC, do I bring all the permits, current/valid and expired OR just the current? I have several expired permits from when I was still studying.

But I'm thinking atm that I bring all, just in case. Haha
They didn't even do anything with them all she did was draw a line though it and said you don't need that anymore :)

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I almost have the same timeline as you: received my Appointment letter today but it is on 9th of November in Edmonton office. But I have a question, do you received a letter same as mine? Said I the content “ PLEASE BE PREPARED To wAit UP TO 2.5 hours as interview are conducted in order of arrival ? What is that mean? I hope it is not the length of interview. TIA
Well the times aren't set you just wait to see someone at a window. We landed in Calgary, they are set in hours so ours was 9-10 with several other people it's just how you end up in the line basically.

LC2017

Aug 30, 2018
I got AIP and SA on August 8th 2018. I’m not out of status . But I have a son in back home. Maybe a bit longer . Hopefully the end of October I will get DM . My MP called cic earlier of October. They said it will be done of this months . Ortherwise i have to call them back . Everything it looks good. I hope you will get AIP soon .
Hey your son will be accompanying to Canada?I mean your sponsor is sponsoring you and your son at the same time?Because it is my case I am in Canada since 2014 and my husband is sponsoring me and my daughter she is back home.Got AIP Sept 25 and nothing until now.I applied on November 17th 2017.So frustrating.☹

Reactions: Yakuza_princess

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Hi everyone
I haven't posted in a while. I also didn't come on this forum to be honest as it was making me feel very sad.

I am september 26 2017 applicant. My office should be saskatoon I think as I live on the saskatchewan side of lloydminster (half Alberta half saskatchewan).
Got AIP SA and DM beginning of August and still waiting for my landing iinterview. i am passed 13months now. I did everything, called myself, my MP office called, I sent a webform. Always to get the same answer :

A decision was made and I'll be contacted by mail or email.
When my MP office called a month ago they told her that I might have to wait until December.... (December will be 15months).

I'm desperate.

Last edited:

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Definitely! Can’t imagine all the patience we have had for all the silence of waiting. Shame though we don’t have the same landing date, nevertheless, cheers to the both of us! I hope other fellow applicants get their turn as soon as possible too! :)
Cheers! I do hope that, too. It has been personally rough for all us.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone
I haven't posted in a while. I also didn't come on this forum to be honest as it was making me feel very sad.

I am september 26 2017 applicant. My office should be saskatoon I think as I live on the saskatchewan side of lloydminster (half Alberta half saskatchewan).
Got AIP SA and DM beginning of August and still waiting for my landing iinterview. i am passed 13months now. I did everything, called myself, my MP office called, I sent a webform. Always to get the same answer :

When my MP office called a month ago they told her that I might have to wait until December.... (December will be 15months).

I'm desperate.
Call the call centre everyday until you get to talk to an agent and they do something about it, like a follow up email to the local IRCC. That's ridiculous you have DM for 2 months now and haven't landed.

EDIT: Did you get a DM letter telling you which local office would contact you? I would think it's Edmonton because Lloydminster is still in Alberta. Please do phone the call centre and ask. If it's Edmonton, I can give you their email address.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danish1371

Ian1912

Oct 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Nov 21 applicant. Received AIP on oct 5 Still waiting for dm and landing
Should I call cic tomorrow?

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hi everyone

I'm desperate.
Hey I would say go to the local office, and try to tell them your situation! And might help you maybe not. Just give a chance

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
Hey your son will be accompanying to Canada?I mean your sponsor is sponsoring you and your son at the same time?Because it is my case I am in Canada since 2014 and my husband is sponsoring me and my daughter she is back home.Got AIP Sept 25 and nothing until now.I applied on November 17th 2017.So frustrating.☹
Yes, he’s sponsoring my son too. We have to the claim him . Because if I don’t sponsored him now , I can’t do it anymore.

newcan1

Jan 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received my DM on October 1st. But havent received my landing interview yet. "Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application" The vancouver office might be busy. Has anyone faced this issue as well? How long does it usually take to get your landing interview?

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received my DM on October 1st. But havent received my landing interview yet. "Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application" The vancouver office might be busy. Has anyone faced this issue as well? How long does it usually take to get your landing interview?
Yes, there are a few of us who are in the same situation. I got my DM the same day you did and I am waiting for the interview from Vancouver as well. Good luck to all of us who are waiting for the interview letter!