+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone
I haven't posted in a while. I also didn't come on this forum to be honest as it was making me feel very sad.

I am september 26 2017 applicant. My office should be saskatoon I think as I live on the saskatchewan side of lloydminster (half Alberta half saskatchewan).
Got AIP SA and DM beginning of August and still waiting for my landing iinterview. i am passed 13months now. I did everything, called myself, my MP office called, I sent a webform. Always to get the same answer :

A decision was made and I'll be contacted by mail or email.
When my MP office called a month ago they told her that I might have to wait until December.... (December will be 15months).

I'm desperate.
For some reason I recall that Sask is quite slow :( I hope it happens for you soon I know how discouraging it can be.

Reactions: sylvain1

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
sorry for the repetition... as I am sure this has already been answered! Is the PA allowed to travel after the interview (receives COPR) but before receiving the PR card?
Thanks in advance!!
You can leave if there is a way to get the card to the PA to travel back. There is a document you can apply for but you have to do it from the country you are traveling to and it can take a couple or more weeks to get, and may not be practical. If you're driving to the USA I believe you can enter Canada by car with just the COPR.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Guys, they want my police certificate from back home we did the relationship interview 2 month ago at cic etobicoke, this application already took 3 years, my question:
Can we drop off a copy of the police record directly at the etobicoke office?
Or can we use web form to send em a scaan copy?
The request letter came directly from the etobicoke office.
Please advice
When they asked us for an additional document they said to reply to the email they had sent. What did the email say as to how to get it to them?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thank you so much!! That is helpful to know :)
did you have a good experience at the etobicoke office? I understand you just need to bring passport, and the confirmation of payment of fees? Anything else?
Also the landing letter itself and the two PR card photos, your sponsor with ID. The interview isn't really and interview they are really just verifying your information (they can see the answers) my husband was so nervous and the lady was very understanding. They make you sign the COPR and that's about it. Congratulations !

Reactions: Can_loves_Aus

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Oh, I have no idea! Our interview is on November 1. Our letter said to also bring 2 photos for the PA, and the sponsor needs an ID too. Again, from what I've read here, it's a fairly standard process, but that doesn't stop me from being nervous!
You are right it's a standard process they are really verifying the information on their screen with you. My husband was very very nervous but it was all very easy and the lady was very nice. Just had to sign the COPR and that was it.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hi everyone
I haven't posted in a while. I also didn't come on this forum to be honest as it was making me feel very sad.

I am september 26 2017 applicant. My office should be saskatoon I think as I live on the saskatchewan side of lloydminster (half Alberta half saskatchewan).
Got AIP SA and DM beginning of August and still waiting for my landing iinterview. i am passed 13months now. I did everything, called myself, my MP office called, I sent a webform. Always to get the same answer :

A decision was made and I'll be contacted by mail or email.
When my MP office called a month ago they told her that I might have to wait until December.... (December will be 15months).

I'm desperate.
I’m sorry to hear your story and it makes me mad as your file is done and the decision is taken..
I hope you’ll get it soon

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Also the landing letter itself and the two PR card photos, your sponsor with ID. The interview isn't really and interview they are really just verifying your information (they can see the answers) my husband was so nervous and the lady was very understanding. They make you sign the COPR and that's about it. Congratulations !
Thanks for all of your help!! cant wait to be done!!

Reactions: Danish1371