+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Oh ! thanks for telling that ! How long does it take? Any idea?
Honestly, I don't really remember. Not that long though. If you fill out the web form asking them if they have received your RCMP fingerprints you should hear back from them in a few days to a week or so.

@eduardo.arellano I think you are very close to the end. And you don't receive a confirmation unless you ask for it yourself. I still see "in process" on both sides in ECAS and myCIC still says "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details." even though I have sent all the documents about two months ago. My app is still in Mississauga and review of eligibility has not started yet.

Reactions: eduardo.arellano

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
Hello Guys,

I still did not get any update I am October 23,2017. I saw in one of the comment that if I applied for OWP, after my AIP they will first issue the OWP then they will continue with my application for further processing. How does it work?

OWP never issues from the beginning and contacted CIC they said because you already have OWP before applying for Inland spousal SP, they will not issue you one until you get AIP. So I am was thinking the reason of the delay after AIP is the OWP not sure though.

Thanks,
Vitoka

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Honestly, I don't really remember. Not that long though. If you fill out the web form asking them if they have received your RCMP fingerprints you should hear back from them in a few days to a week or so.

@eduardo.arellano I think you are very close to the end. And you don't receive a confirmation unless you ask for it yourself. I still see "in process" on both sides in ECAS and myCIC still says "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details." even though I have sent all the documents about two months ago. My app is still in Mississauga and review of eligibility has not started yet.
I understand .
As canada post is going on strike vancouver IRCC emailed me to ask RCMP to email the results. But when i called RCMP , they very rudely said they only mail the results and cant email and that CIC will receive it whenever the strike is over. Even when I mentioned to her that CIC actually emailed me back asking for this. I am so pissed and worried the same time as this will delay our process cause who knows how long the strike continues :(

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Such great news! Just called and contacted the IRCC/CIC again this morning. The agent that was assisting has confirmed with me that my wife's application has been approved so at this time, we are just waiting for the local office to send us the letter for next step.

She didn't tell me further details but I think that will be the landing interview! yay!

Congratulations !

Reactions: dml717

SundayFresh14

Sep 19, 2018
Landing letter received this morning for the Vancouver office. The appointment is scheduled for October 10, 2018. Called CIC earlier asking what's up and they didn't know anything and weren't helpful at all. In any case, the landing letter came in an hour or so later after I called. Guess bugging them worked?

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

PR ( Inland Spousal Sponsorship ) application. Here is my time line:

Date Received: July 20, 2017
Schedule A was requested along with Police certificates on Sept 8, 2017.
Medical Exam was requested on March 19, 2018. Submitted on March 27, 2018.
Passed Medical Exam (Ghost Update)
Fingerprinting procedure (RCMP Criminal Record Check) was requested on March 26, 2018. Submitted on March 26, 2018
Eligibility Passed on June 21, 2018

Here what I can see on CIC

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

No update since the Eligibility Passed letter. I have called CIC officer saying that I am getting concern about my application, she put me on hold. She came back and said "Congratulation!! you have a final approval and all you have to do is wait for an email to do your interview" I asked when did I get my approval because I did not get any email or update. She said "Decision was made on June 19, 2018 and it will take 4 to 6 weeks (From June 19, 2018) for an officer to contact you for the interview" It has been over 6 weeks, I called again, I was on hold for 15 min (Long Hold), he came back and said I sent an email to the office that located near you. Still no update!!!!!

What is going on ??? I am going crazy waiting for an email. Anyone with the same time line, please help. I am started to think there is something wrong with the CIC site or my application. I see a lot of Sept Applicants got their interview and congrats for the ones who got it and good luck for the rest of us.

Thank you so much in advance.
I am similar to you, but I'm February 2017 applicant. I have had many issues with CIC and messages not coming through on my end (it was 11 months before we discovered they sent the Sch A request but it never came to MYCIC inbox or email).

I received Eligibility Passed letter on July 5, but still showing on CIC that they are still reviewing.. Since then it has been silence, and every time I call or send a Webform request I get a different answer as to what my current application status is.

Keep hounding them, I know your frustration! At least you have DM, it's been 18 months of bullshit for me and still going... very frustrating to see people on here getting DM after 10-11 months (although good for them) and i'm still getting nothing

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I am similar to you, but I'm February 2017 applicant. I have had many issues with CIC and messages not coming through on my end (it was 11 months before we discovered they sent the Sch A request but it never came to MYCIC inbox or email).

I received Eligibility Passed letter on July 5, but still showing on CIC that they are still reviewing.. Since then it has been silence, and every time I call or send a Webform request I get a different answer as to what my current application status is.

Keep hounding them, I know your frustration! At least you have DM, it's been 18 months of bullshit for me and still going... very frustrating to see people on here getting DM after 10-11 months (although good for them) and i'm still getting nothing
I agree the 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' and I wish I knew why some have it easy and others have a nightmare experience :(

LydiaQin1020

Mar 20, 2018
Landing letter received this morning for the Vancouver office. The appointment is scheduled for October 10, 2018. Called CIC earlier asking what's up and they didn't know anything and weren't helpful at all. In any case, the landing letter came in an hour or so later after I called. Guess bugging them worked?
Congrats!!
Should I called them, I wait for exactly two weeks today for the landing letter, and still have no news yet