+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Mar 20, 2024
Hello Everyone,
I need some information whether my spouse should leave Canada or apply for visitor extension.
We have applied for Spousal sponsorship in Feb 2024. Received AOR, Biometrics and Medicals status is completed. In addition to that we applied for open work permit, received conformation of online transmission and biometrics have been updated.
As my spouse's visitor visa is expiring on 18 April 2024, I'm a bit confused.
Please suggest me what is the best thing to do?
Thank you.

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I need some information whether my spouse should leave Canada or apply for visitor extension.
We have applied for Spousal sponsorship in Feb 2024. Received AOR, Biometrics and Medicals status is completed. In addition to that we applied for open work permit, received conformation of online transmission and biometrics have been updated.
Thank you.
Hello,
As your wife has applied for the OWP before her current legal status expires, she is on deemed status now and will remain till she receives a final decision on her OWP application. She does not need to leave Canada after expiry of her visitor visa.

ashp1990

Mar 1, 2024
Hello Everyone,
Thank you.
Hi,

Can i ask your timeline. I applied for my wife same as you. Here is my timeline
Applied- 23rd Feb 2024
AOR- March 13th 2024
Biometric-April 5th 2024
Biometric Submitted- April 8th 2024
Medical- Still waiting
OWP- Applied on 13th March 2024
OWP Result- Still Waiting
Spouse's Visitor visa expiring- May23rd 2024

Thanks

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024
Posting here cuz I’m starting to get anxious haha. Everyone seems to be receiving AORs in three weeks or lesser.

Applied on: Feb 5th 2024
Sponsor: Canadian PR
AOR: Pending

Edit: AOR: Feb 28th 2024

also, OWP applied on: Feb 5th 2024 as my PGWP was expiring in less than 2 weeks.

will be emailing my AOR to IRCC today.
HI may I know does your OWP approved? I am also in same situation?

oyg567

Feb 29, 2024
Is there anyone who got updated after SA? I know background checks take a long time, but want to know if anyone has passed.