+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are September 25th Applicants, and as of today, we both have received decision made on Ecas

on SA side received on Sept 14
on PA Side received on Sept 19

We live in Toronto, but our applications are being processed in the Vancouver office atm.

Is this the end of our process?

Reactions: Leogirl22

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are September 25th Applicants, and as of today, we both have received decision made on Ecas

on SA side received on Sept 14
on PA Side received on Sept 19

We live in Toronto, but our applications are being processed in the Vancouver office atm.

Is this the end of our process?

Pretty much yes You are now just waiting for a landing appointment to the office closest to you. Usually isn't too long but is dependant on how busy that particular office happens to be.

Reactions: dml717 and sylvain1

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hey guys,

Inland applicant here.

I just received notification from CIC that we have passed the eligibility.

I have already done my medical and
Background check status still appears as: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: e are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

What is usually the next step? Fingerprints? Or i get my residency? How long will it be before i hear from CIC again?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Windsor ON

Sep 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

PR ( Inland Spousal Sponsorship ) application. Here is my time line:

Date Received: July 20, 2017
Schedule A was requested along with Police certificates on Sept 8, 2017.
Medical Exam was requested on March 19, 2018. Submitted on March 27, 2018.
Passed Medical Exam (Ghost Update)
Fingerprinting procedure (RCMP Criminal Record Check) was requested on March 26, 2018. Submitted on March 26, 2018
Eligibility Passed on June 21, 2018

Here what I can see on CIC

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

No update since the Eligibility Passed letter. I have called CIC officer saying that I am getting concern about my application, she put me on hold. She came back and said "Congratulation!! you have a final approval and all you have to do is wait for an email to do your interview" I asked when did I get my approval because I did not get any email or update. She said "Decision was made on June 19, 2018 and it will take 4 to 6 weeks (From June 19, 2018) for an officer to contact you for the interview" It has been over 6 weeks, I called again, I was on hold for 15 min (Long Hold), he came back and said I sent an email to the office that located near you. Still no update!!!!!

What is going on ??? I am going crazy waiting for an email. Anyone with the same time line, please help. I am started to think there is something wrong with the CIC site or my application. I see a lot of Sept Applicants got their interview and congrats for the ones who got it and good luck for the rest of us.

Thank you so much in advance.

Reactions: Hanh my

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
Hello Guys ---------Urgent Help Needed :-(

I am sponsoring my wife and our application was received on March 13th 2018. She received the medical request last week and we went to meet the panel physician this morning. However the doctors office were not able to pull my file or upload the medical details as her IME number was "Not Found" in the system.

We called up two other panel physicians and they were not able to open our file either...

Not sure what to do now... Has anyone come across similar issue... What do you suggest us to do..

thanks for the response.
AT

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
Hello everyone,

PR ( Inland Spousal Sponsorship ) application. Here is my time line:

Date Received: July 20, 2017
Schedule A was requested along with Police certificates on Sept 8, 2017.
Medical Exam was requested on March 19, 2018. Submitted on March 27, 2018.
Passed Medical Exam (Ghost Update)
Fingerprinting procedure (RCMP Criminal Record Check) was requested on March 26, 2018. Submitted on March 26, 2018
Eligibility Passed on June 21, 2018

Here what I can see on CIC

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

No update since the Eligibility Passed letter. I have called CIC officer saying that I am getting concern about my application, she put me on hold. She came back and said "Congratulation!! you have a final approval and all you have to do is wait for an email to do your interview" I asked when did I get my approval because I did not get any email or update. She said "Decision was made on June 19, 2018 and it will take 4 to 6 weeks (From June 19, 2018) for an officer to contact you for the interview" It has been over 6 weeks, I called again, I was on hold for 15 min (Long Hold), he came back and said I sent an email to the office that located near you. Still no update!!!!!

What is going on ??? I am going crazy waiting for an email. Anyone with the same time line, please help. I am started to think there is something wrong with the CIC site or my application. I see a lot of Sept Applicants got their interview and congrats for the ones who got it and good luck for the rest of us.

Thank you so much in advance.
My application August 9, 2017 . I got AIP on August 8.2018 and SA on August 10. Nothing updates until now . I’ve been 6 weeks

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
I don't think you should be worried at all. They will probably try again, if not, they will send a letter. It's common that people don't answer calls from unknown numbers or miss calls and they know that.

Anyhow, I would also like to hear anybody's experience on this matter.
Thank you both David and @sylvain1

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
When they called us it said 'PRIVATE NUMBER' , so perhaps it wasn't from them ...
Thanks for your input
I missed their call. It says “unknown caller”

Last edited:

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
Pretty much yes You are now just waiting for a landing appointment to the office closest to you. Usually isn't too long but is dependant on how busy that particular office happens to be.
Such great news! Just called and contacted the IRCC/CIC again this morning. The agent that was assisting has confirmed with me that my wife's application has been approved so at this time, we are just waiting for the local office to send us the letter for next step.

She didn't tell me further details but I think that will be the landing interview! yay!