+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
I sent my application in for visitor extension less than a week before my old one ran out. Cost 100 dollars and it was approuved the day of expiration
of my old one and I received it in the mail yesterday..
Hello, @northheart,

how did you get the approval? We are still waiting for ours. We have sent the application for the extension 3 months ago still.

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Definitely enter 2, same for me. It shouldn't work yet it does, and even though the answer should be 1, it would only work once 2 entered.

The email contains the AOR, AOR is just Acknowledgement of Receipt, and the date they received it should be stated in your email. Once you'll link your account you'll be able to upload Schedule A and Police checks
Thanks. Did this and it worked.

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Hi everyone to link your account follow follow these instructions.

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub Category: Family class (Spouse) or common law
Use Application Number and Unique Client Identifier - No spaces between number

City/Town - Input exactly what is written on your passport (USE ALL CAPS!)
Input country
Add all Passport details and Input all other details necessary.
For number of Family members, put 2 if you are just one applying for PR.

Then, link your OWP using UCI and Last name
Pick temporary residence
Work permit extension
pick applied permanent residence through spouse sponsorship
enter all other details

AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt ) is the email with your UCI and Application number and it asks you to link your account. For submission of Schedule A , if submitting online it clearly states do not print it and upload. You just need to fill everything electronically and add your name and date and you will sign it once you uploaded it. To upload it go to mycic, go to your application, go to submitted documents/ application, see if there is a request for replacement of SCHEDULE A. Then upload your VALIDATED and electronically signed schedule A.
Is the application number the same for OWP as it is for spouse sponsorship? I tried entering the application number I had in my AOR email and the system couldn't find my file. (There was also no mention of OWP in the AOR. We applied for OWP in the same package as spousal sponsorship).

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Hi, yeah when i received my AOR i linked both PR and OWP and it says in my OWP that it is awaiting processing.
did you use the same application number for OWP? and was OWP mentioned in AOR email? (no mention of OWP in my AOR email, and AOR application number did not work for my OWP).

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
About PR application:
The common mistake while linking PR application is putting number of applicants (if you are the only Primary applicant with no dependents) as 1 instead of 2. If you have not tried that yet I would suggest putting 2 applicants instead of 1. That trick worked for me.

About OWP application:
No, they wont let you know that the work permit is ready/received to be linked. You have to wait approx 2 weeks after the PR AOR till it will be registered into their system (information from this thread). The application number you got is only for the PR sponsorship. Your OWP application has its own number.

To link your OWP go to:
1. Link your application
2. Category: temporary residence
Sub-Category: work permit and extension
3. Application details: choose the last option - unique client indentifier UCI and family name
4. Fill up the empty spots
So there's a about a 2 week delay before we get OWP application number? Does it go to our linked account?

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Hey you guys, I hope you are having a good week so far!

Does anyone know which date are they processing? its impossible to get a live agent over the phone.
Mine was received on Sep19 according to Canada Post.

D_App

Sep 16, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
04-09-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
30-10-2014 (Processing Started)
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
21-11-2014<br/>[b]Decision Made...:[/b] 20-02-2015
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2015<br/>[b]Passport Returned...:[/b] 07-03-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
Hey you guys, I hope you are having a good week so far!

Does anyone know which date are they processing? its impossible to get a live agent over the phone.
Mine was received on Sep19 according to Canada Post.
We had ours received on Sep 18, it will take at least 2-3 weeks more for us.

bluephil17

Jun 15, 2017
So there's a about a 2 week delay before we get OWP application number? Does it go to our linked account?
so it can take a couple weeks before you're able to link your OWP application to your online account. The application # is diff between the two. I was able to link mine this week (almost a month after AOR) with help from others on this board to use UCI # and passport #. it just says pending once i linked it so there wasn't much to see. Good luck!

Reactions: sevensmallwoods

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Question: I submitted my inland PR back in July and withdrew it in August because I had to head back to the U.S (family emergency). At the time, I was under the impression that the primary applicant absolutely had to reside in Canada for the whole duration of application processing, so withdrawing and saving my money was in my best interest. When I returned to Canada, I updated and re-compiled the application and sent it in October - I included an explanation for the withdrawal as well.

In reference to my police certificates, I had my RCMP certificate issued in July and my FBI certificate issued in August. I was in the U.S for three weeks before returning to Canada. After recompiling everything, I scanned copies of my certificates and sent the originals upfront with my application in October.

Do you think the police certificates will still cut it? I've seen some people saying yes (as long as they're not more than 6 months old and as long as you weren't "living" in the country - visiting for a few weeks is fine ). I've also seen some saying no, and that I'll need new ones (these tend to be express entry applicants that say no).

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Question: I submitted my inland PR back in July and withdrew it in August because I had to head back to the U.S (family emergency). At the time, I was under the impression that the primary applicant absolutely had to reside in Canada for the whole duration of application processing, so withdrawing and saving my money was in my best interest. When I returned to Canada, I updated and re-compiled the application and sent it in October - I included an explanation for the withdrawal as well.

In reference to my police certificates, I had my RCMP certificate issued in July and my FBI certificate issued in August. I was in the U.S for three weeks before returning to Canada. After recompiling everything, I scanned copies of my certificates and sent the originals upfront with my application in October.

Do you think the police certificates will still cut it? I've seen some people saying yes (as long as they're not more than 6 months old and as long as you weren't "living" in the country - visiting for a few weeks is fine ). I've also seen some saying no, and that I'll need new ones (these tend to be express entry applicants that say no).
You should be totally fine! Don't worry. I submitted my certificates that were 2.5 months old and they never questioned anything.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
You should be totally fine! Don't worry. I submitted my certificates that were 2.5 months old and they never questioned anything.
I hope so!
My main concern is that I left Canada to visit the U.S. for 3 weeks in late August after already being issued my U.S police certificates in early August. There's that 3 week window where I technically could have committed a crime in the U.S.
I just don't know how picky they are with that, I know that some express entry applicants have been rejected for this, but express entry seems to be held to a much more...intensive process with little room for error, as opposed to us family applicants.