+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

JZ2017

Nov 7, 2017
Hi all,

Is there any Feburary2017 applicant? Mine is still showing medical result received since June then no update till now. Is it normal?

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Hi, I just wanted to ask for some advice.
Our application arrived September 6th and we got AOR 1st November.
My boyfriend is canadian (sponsor) and I'm from England. I came to Canada on I.E.C and that runs out December 16th.

Do you think I'd get the OWP before then or do I need to/should I apply for a vistor visa just in case?
I'm worried OWP won't come before my I.E.C runs out and I'd read somewhere that I.E.C doesn't qualify for implied status or something?
*I'm not an expert* but pretty confident you don't need to apply for a visitor's visa. You have implied status as a visitor once your application for PR is received (until it's returned incomplete or a decision made). You wouldn't be able to work between your IEC ending and your OWP arriving, obvs.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi all,

Is there any Feburary2017 applicant? Mine is still showing medical result received since June then no update till now. Is it normal?
Hi! I am a feb applicant. I did my medicals in June and been waiting ever since. No change in ECAS or mycic, and also no emails from CIC. I would call but I see them processing the 2016 applicants before us.

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
I am currently on hold 10 mins wait time left. Will confirm some information. About British citizens due to the fact they only need an ETA to enter Canada.

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Just got off the phone with the call centre and got some information. Bristish citizens are only required to have a valid ETA. We were concerned if my spouse was in England when we recieved his AOR they wouldn’t send his OWP application in. But the call centre said that as we applied within Canada they agent will see that and all the sponsored spouse needs when they come back in is all their documents. Even is AOR is recieved while my spouse is out of the country they will still process his application and submit his OWP for processing as if he was in the country. They can also if they have recieved AOR before re entry they may try and apply for OWP at the port of entry. Hope this helps some people. We are hoping he will be back before we get AOR but call centre did say they were working on september 5th despite some from September 9th getting AOR already. We are Oct 16th applicatants.

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
Last Thursday I received an email informing that my OWP was approved and mailed to me. Exactly 3 months after my application was received.
Thanks for the information.

They received my application at the end of July, but still nothing from CIC. :confused::confused::confused:

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Last Thursday I received an email informing that my OWP was approved and mailed to me. Exactly 3 months after my application was received.
When you say "application received", do you mean AOR or do you mean when the application arrived at the IRCC office via mail?
I submitted my application Oct 23rd and am waiting on AOR, I'm hoping my OWP will arrive before early March so that I don't have to extend my visitor status!

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
When you say "application received", do you mean AOR or do you mean when the application arrived at the IRCC office via mail?
I submitted my application Oct 23rd and am waiting on AOR, I'm hoping my OWP will arrive before early March so that I don't have to extend my visitor status!
I don't think you have to extend your visitor status after you submit your application.
There is a post about it, but I'm not sure where.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
my application was received october 31st. also waiting for AOR.

jwilde

Nov 4, 2017
Hi again guys, sorry for not mentioning my timeline in previous post:

Application received: August 18
AOR: October 5th
Provided Schedule A and police certificate: November 5

I followed the advice here and uploaded my Schedule A and police check on Sunday. However it still says "Your action is required" under the
"View my submitted applications or profiles" section of my account. Is this expected?

Thanks for all your help.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Hi again guys, sorry for not mentioning my timeline in previous post:

Application received: August 18
AOR: October 5th
Provided Schedule A and police certificate: November 5

I followed the advice here and uploaded my Schedule A and police check on Sunday. However it still says "Your action is required" under the
"View my submitted applications or profiles" section of my account. Is this expected?

Thanks for all your help.
I had previously submitted an application for family class PR and after submitting A and police certificates online, it said that my action was required for a good week or so after submitting them. I had to withdraw the application, but I at least got that far! Lol