13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
I hope so!
My main concern is that I left Canada to visit the U.S. for 3 weeks in late August after already being issued my U.S police certificates in early August. There's that 3 week window where I technically could have committed a crime in the U.S.
I just don't know how picky they are with that, I know that some express entry applicants have been rejected for this, but express entry seems to be held to a much more...intensive process with little room for error, as opposed to us family applicants.
FBI certificates are tricky...so it's hard to say. You're not loosing anything if you apply with your existing one. And then if they ask you - just get another one.

Reactions: Snibbles

walasadi

Nov 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Hello all,

Just wanted to inform you that our application was received on September 15 and we just got the AOR today November 8. Now trying to link the application online and got locked out for trying 5 times without success

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi all!
I noticed on the google docs that 2 people from January got their Sponsor Approval this week.
Hopefully we all don't have to wait very long to see our SA's!

Congrats to those who got them! I wonder what is the process after SA?

Reactions: walasadi and EGH

Kamranria

Nov 8, 2017
Hi
Thank you for your reply, can you please tell me how long PR and Spousal sponsor application take from inside Canada ?

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
Hello, @northheart,

how did you get the approval? We are still waiting for ours. We have sent the application for the extension 3 months ago still.
I applied online and the approval was sent as a message to my online account. The application was automatically linked to my accout since it was created online. I received the actual visitors record a few days later in the mail.

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
I applied online and the approval was sent as a message to my online account. The application was automatically linked to my accout since it was created online. I received the actual visitors record a few days later in the mail.
Ugh! I should have done that. OH well... :)

Thanks.

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hi all!
I noticed on the google docs that 2 people from January got their Sponsor Approval this week.
Hopefully we all don't have to wait very long to see our SA's!

Congrats to those who got them! I wonder what is the process after SA?
I am Jan 19th applicant. Got SA and AIP on Aug 23-2017. Medical Passed since JAN. Till now nothing !!

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Hi all, I applied in land Aug 14th with an OWP application included. Got my AOR and PCC sched A request Oct 3 and sent them off and had linked both applications by Oct 11th. I've not heard anything since.
My question - I have lived here 2 years on a WHV and was on BC health MSP plan and extended health benefits through work. I did not realize that these would both expire when my visa expired on Sept 30 and sent off copies of my health cards as proof of health coverage in the PR application. So now I find out TODAY that I am not actually covered through work like I was informed I was back in Sept when I inquired... So i've been uncovered for 40 days now... Is this going to cause problems when they look into my application for PR?? I am obviously looking into other insurance policies right now and am going to get covered asap, how do I then prove to cic that im covered again? and how many months of coverage should I get? seeing as I can jump back on MSP and my work benefits once my new work permit gets approved... I don't know how much longer that will be.. so if I pay for 3 months insurance, will that be acceptable? Or do I need to purchase coverage for even longer??
What have other people done in this situation?? Any help would be appreciated!

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, I did pay the fee.

Andddddd.... Today Feb 14th we received the OWP. Exact 4 months and 2 weeks after applying the PR & Work permit together.

Thanks for all your info guys.

We'll be now work towards getting TRV. I have 2 questions if anyone could update on them:-

1. How long does it take to get the TRV once you send the Passport?
2. Once TRV has arrived, can we travel outside canada? Is there any problem while re-entering back in Canada on TRV?
Have you had you SA yet? I sent off PR and OWP application August 14th. Ive had an AOR and linked my applications, had my request for sched A and PCC (only sent off Aus check and not Canadian) and have since heard nothing. Is this similar to your timeline?

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Is there anyone on here who has lived in canada and didnt get a canadian police check at the time of schedule A and police check request, and then got a request for it after??

If so how long after did they request it?

I am trying to work out of i need to do it in preparation.
Following this question as I also ONLY submitted an aus check even though ive lived in Canada 2 years because I was told I wouldn't need a Canadian one. I went and got the Canadian one done anyway with prints and all but then couldn't find a way to upload it as I had already uploaded my Australian one... so I have my Canadian one sitting and collecting dust and am paranoid of my application being sent back because I didn't do the Canadian check! eek

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Following this question as I also ONLY submitted an aus check even though ive lived in Canada 2 years because I was told I wouldn't need a Canadian one. I went and got the Canadian one done anyway with prints and all but then couldn't find a way to upload it as I had already uploaded my Australian one... so I have my Canadian one sitting and collecting dust and am paranoid of my application being sent back because I didn't do the Canadian check! eek
If they want a Canadian PCC they will ask for it, otherwise don't worry. And I assume you have got AOR and linked app online so they can't send it back now.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi all, I applied in land Aug 14th with an OWP application included. Got my AOR and PCC sched A request Oct 3 and sent them off and had linked both applications by Oct 11th. I've not heard anything since.
My question - I have lived here 2 years on a WHV and was on BC health MSP plan and extended health benefits through work. I did not realize that these would both expire when my visa expired on Sept 30 and sent off copies of my health cards as proof of health coverage in the PR application. So now I find out TODAY that I am not actually covered through work like I was informed I was back in Sept when I inquired... So i've been uncovered for 40 days now... Is this going to cause problems when they look into my application for PR?? I am obviously looking into other insurance policies right now and am going to get covered asap, how do I then prove to cic that im covered again? and how many months of coverage should I get? seeing as I can jump back on MSP and my work benefits once my new work permit gets approved... I don't know how much longer that will be.. so if I pay for 3 months insurance, will that be acceptable? Or do I need to purchase coverage for even longer??
What have other people done in this situation?? Any help would be appreciated!
I don't think having healthcare coverage (or not) effects the decision making in spousal applications, they don't care. I never even seen it mentioned when we applied for my wife though she is covered under my plan so we included it as part of the evidence to back up the relationship.

JZ2017

Nov 7, 2017
Mine is showing the same. Not sure if passed or just received. But I assumed it is passed, hence the details on my signature.
I cannot link my application with my CIC. It keeps showing system unavailable. When were you able to link yours? I'm Feb applicant