+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

jacobts

Jun 13, 2017
Hi.

Someone, who send the application on April had received OWP?
I will need to do medical exam to OWP?

App Filed 17/04/2017
App Rec'd 20/04/2017
AOR PA 11/05/2017
AOR Spo 12/05/2017
ECAS link 15/05/2017
Link OWP 01/06/2017
Sent Schedule A form and police certificate 02/06/2017
OWP ??????

Thanks....
Did you get a separate letter/email instructing you on how to link your OWP app to your PR app?

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi.

Will I need to do a medical exam to OWP?

App Filed 17/04/2017
App Rec'd 20/04/2017
AOR PA 11/05/2017
AOR Spo 12/05/2017
ECAS link 15/05/2017
Link OWP 01/06/2017
OWP ??????
Thanks....
I am May 2 applicant and have already received OWP confirmation. No upfront medical for OWP is required unless you want to do it for your own reasons, eg. to be able to work in Health Care field.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Did you get a separate letter/email instructing you on how to link your OWP app to your PR app?
Usually, you don't get an email with instructions to link it. You have to do it yourself at some point of the time that's not entirely established.
If you'd like to try, please see the link with instructions ---> Click

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi.

I will need to do medical exam to OWP?

App Filed 17/04/2017
App Rec'd 20/04/2017
AOR PA 11/05/2017
AOR Spo 12/05/2017
ECAS link 15/05/2017
Link OWP 01/06/2017
OWP ??????

Thanks....
@jacobts There's no separate e-mail for instructions to link OWP. use the uci number you were given. the app number for owp will start with W whereas the pr app starts with F so don't use that.
@mlabella it is not required to have a medical exam for owp but if you need to work in healthcare or work with children then you will need one or else they put a restriction in your owp. some april applicants have received owp so yours might be coming soon. sending good vibes your way!

edit: use @ZhabaHulk 's link above for instructions. it's very helpful. i forgot how i linked mine.

jacobts

Jun 13, 2017
@jacobts There's no separate e-mail for instructions to link OWP. use the uci number you were given. the app number for owp will start with W whereas the pr app starts with F so don't use that.
@mlabella it is not required to have a medical exam for owp but if you need to work in healthcare or work with children then you will need one or else they put a restriction in your owp. some april applicants have received owp so yours might be coming soon. sending good vibes your way!

edit: use @ZhabaHulk 's link above for instructions. it's very helpful. i forgot how i linked mine.
That link with the instructions didn't work for me unfortunately. Should I try with the UCI number instead of name and DOB?

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
The application was received by CIC on April 20th. Is that too soon?
I can only suggest to try again (eg. with UCI number) or wait a bit longer. Processing time may defer from applicant to applicant.

Also, I remember that I had a glitch while I was trying to link it.
My linking process wasn't successful at first, it was constantly showing that they have no application available or smth like that, but once I left that page open for about a minute and my status changed from "not found" to "the application linked". I can't explain how that happened.
But it happened with another member of this forum as well. Therefore, I might offer you to try again and hover for a while over that page.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
The application was received by CIC on April 20th. Is that too soon?
i got aor march 14 and linked owp april 8 i think, then i got owp on april 21. try different combinations. i linked my owp at the first try but i really forgot what combination i used. sorry!
a few tips though: type your family name as ALL CAPS. don't fill out passport details. leave one space for city of birth but select country of birth.

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Hello everyone! Is it normal that I have done my medical last wednesday and cic updated my account and said I have passed the medical. I thought it took them 3 months to review it? Just a curious question...

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hello everyone! Is it normal that I have done my medical last wednesday and cic updated my account and said I have passed the medical. I thought it took them 3 months to review it? Just a curious question...
that's good though! mine took a month to reflect medical passed. check my ecas because it should reflect medicals were received.

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
1) Yes, it looks like a AOR
2) Depends on your province, in Ontario they ask for some sort of visa or the Ontario ID, if you have requested your provincial ID before you got implied you would be fine.There is also the chance that they will not ask for your proof of status.
Thank you for replying

mlabella

May 9, 2017
Mississauga
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-04-2017
they usually take a month to confirm the receipt of additional documents and then it takes a while to reflect in your mycic that the additional docs have been uploaded.
Hi. I send it's by Web form and 3 day later I received a mail that it was received and the next day other mail that it was sent to my application. Then 2 o 3 days I saw in my cic account that it was updated

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Thanks a lot for your response, Badi.

- Should I submit my Sch A (sponsor) too.

- No need for my PCC at this time.
It may be that they'll ask it later because according to cic guide the family member would be me too.

- Did you upload or notify cic that you'd be getting the CSQ later than the date they requested
At what cic email I should reply for that or do I need to use an IRCC webform to provide that explanation.
Yes if you have a request for PCC and schedule A upload them right away. If not upload them using the IrCc webform.

No i didnt notify cic because gov of quebec will send 2 mails one for you and one for cic regarding the csq paper.