Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi guys,

Does anyone get eTA approval letter before getting OWP approved?

I haven't got OWP yet but a couple weeks ago I got an eTA approval letter saying "In accordance with your work permit, you have been approved an eTA...."

What I understand is an eTA usually comes with OWP and
we don't need to apply separately, meaning no way to get approved separately.

I called CIC and they suggested me to wait for another couple of weeks
but because of all the glitches we are experiencing,
I'm not patient enough to wait without coming here and asking you guys.

Thanks!
hi aacon, this link might be of use to you. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eta-email-although-i-didnt-apply-for-one.494149/
it just basically says eta will be automatically issued if you are from a visa exempt country when your owp is approved. my owp took a week before i received it in the mail. at least you know you already have an owp coming.

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
oh. it worked for me before. i was an international student here so i needed to include my transcript. are you submitting pr and owp app? yes, that is the right address for courier.
Yes I am thank you very much for your help. I guess I will post and pray

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
hi aacon, this link might be of use to you. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eta-email-although-i-didnt-apply-for-one.494149/
it just basically says eta will be automatically issued if you are from a visa exempt country when your owp is approved. my owp took a week before i received it in the mail. at least you know you already have an owp coming.

Whatttt they are sending eTa without request? We got the OWP we are from a visa exempt country, but no eTa.

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
1. In the IMM0008 generic application for Canada question 3 'how many members including you are in this application' I have put one because my husband and kids are already PR and am the only one that will be receiving visa. Is that right or do I need to include my husband (sponsor) and write 2?

2. Also the sponsors birth certificate is not required right? cause I have seen people discussing it. My husband has lost his and the checklist didnt request it.

Please guys prompt reply will me most appreciated. Thanks a lot

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Does anybody here have ever seen an AIP (approval in principle)? Where they live? What do they eat?

I am asking because we want to apply for the Provincial Health Insurance, but the PA is only eligible after the AIP. Digging
the forum I could only find people asking or talking about the AIP, but no reports of people receiving it. Also somebody commented here that AIP comes really late in the process.

Any comments?

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi Emily89,

Sorry for the super late response. Yes I did, and they told me that it was an error/glitch in their online system. Well fast forward to last week, I got an email from CIC, so i went to my online account and there it was the medical request. So i got them done this week.

I would also like to add that these immigration doctors see about 15-20 people an hour charging between 150-250 for 5 minutes of the so-called "check up".

Hope you get your med request soon!

Rgds.
Hi!

Thanks for the response!
I did end up receiving the med request last week actually! But now i am having a hard time picking which place i want to go too.

How did yours go?
Did you have to go to two diff places for the diff exams for example one place for the 'check up' and one place for xrays and so on?

I had booked with a place this weekend and then they tell me that they dont do all the tests at the place and would have to go elsewhere for them with extra charges and they wanted to charge $225!! for what!!!!??? So now i have to shop around and find a place that has everything in the same place... and theres not many places in Calgary that do this to begin with that is close to my house.

Reactions: abcdmud

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Does anybody here have ever seen an AIP (approval in principle)? Where they live? What do they eat?

I am asking because we want to apply for the Provincial Health Insurance, but the PA is only eligible after the AIP. Digging
the forum I could only find people asking or talking about the AIP, but no reports of people receiving it. Also somebody commented here that AIP comes really late in the process.

Any comments?
Working for QC provincial health insurance, I have seen a lot of AIP in the past, but it seems that with the new procedures everything goes faster and people tend to get AIP and DM almost at the same time. If you have a valid OWP you could still apply for OHIP if you are working full-time in Ontario, for an Ontario employer, for at least six months...

Reactions: HInland

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Working for QC provincial health insurance, I have seen a lot of AIP in the past, but it seems that with the new procedures everything goes faster and people tend to get AIP and DM almost at the same time. If you have a valid OWP you could still apply for OHIP if you are working full-time in Ontario, for an Ontario employer, for at least six months...
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Thanks for sharing your experience.
No problem... I'm in the same position here, just hoping my husband find work a soon as possible so he can get the insurance in three months... We have to be patient but comparing to the old system I think we are lucky... I have seen a lot of people waiting one or two year between AIP and DM, and not beeing eligible to get a OWP

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi!

Thanks for the response!
I did end up receiving the med request last week actually! But now i am having a hard time picking which place i want to go too.

How did yours go?
Did you have to go to two diff places for the diff exams for example one place for the 'check up' and one place for xrays and so on?

I had booked with a place this weekend and then they tell me that they dont do all the tests at the place and would have to go elsewhere for them with extra charges and they wanted to charge $225!! for what!!!!??? So now i have to shop around and find a place that has everything in the same place... and theres not many places in Calgary that do this to begin with that is close to my house.
OMG YES!!!

I actually had to go to 3 different places. The first one was for the "check up", but the doctor couldnt find a vein to draw blood and he poked around for a bit. So they asked me to go to a Life Labs and get it done. With my luck it was 4:45pm, and I still had to go to do the x-ray. It was about 8-10 mins away by bus. By the time the x-ray got done, no Life Labs were open with reason where I could take the bus (The husband was busy with work).

So I woke up at 5 yesterday, and sat outside a Life Lab at 6:30am which opens at 7. This time the husband did come. I was first in line, and got to leave and head to work early too.

None of the clinics in Mississauga were accepting appointments until after June 28th, so I decided to look in Etobicoke. I paid $180 for the checkup, and $40 for the x-ray. The blood work was covered by OHIP.

Keep calling places. If you have to take a day off to go get it done. It takes them about 10 days to send everything to CIC. So earlier the better.

All the best!

Reactions: Emily89

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
OMG YES!!!

I actually had to go to 3 different places. The first one was for the "check up", but the doctor couldnt find a vein to draw blood and he poked around for a bit. So they asked me to go to a Life Labs and get it done. With my luck it was 4:45pm, and I still had to go to do the x-ray. It was about 8-10 mins away by bus. By the time the x-ray got done, no Life Labs were open with reason where I could take the bus (The husband was busy with work).

So I woke up at 5 yesterday, and sat outside a Life Lab at 6:30am which opens at 7. This time the husband did come. I was first in line, and got to leave and head to work early too.

None of the clinics in Mississauga were accepting appointments until after June 28th, so I decided to look in Etobicoke. I paid $180 for the checkup, and $40 for the x-ray. The blood work was covered by OHIP.

Keep calling places. If you have to take a day off to go get it done. It takes them about 10 days to send everything to CIC. So earlier the better.

All the best!
Wow! Glad it all worked out though :D

I finally have found a solution to what im going to do! So i cancelled with the first place (Charging me $225) So i booked with another place its a medical center... i liked that more because it just sounds cleaner haha. They charge more ($260) but they include the Urine test which is awesome and means i dont need to go elsewhere. Then there's a Xray place next door that takes walk ins so that's ticked off the list. THEN i have to get blood work... The only appointment i could make was a week later! but on a Sunday so i wont need to take any time off work :) bonus!!

Gotta keep thinking this is all for a good thing and will be happy in the end!!! patience is the key here haha. I'm glad i have a job with money coming in for all these expensive medicals ugh!

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
OMG YES!!!

All the best!
Also we are very similar timelines! that is my app was received Feb13!

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017

Any comments?
it's too early for any 2017 inland applicant to have aip. although if you look at the spreadsheet, there are already a few who got it. i believe it depends on each case. aip is one of the last steps.

depending on your province, you can get provincial health insurance once PA has owp. i'm from alberta and i renewed my alberta health card when i got my owp. people from ontario need to have a job letter that states full-time employment of more than 6 months to be eligible for ohip. i'm not 100% sure, if anybody can confirm this?

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
Hi, I'm an April applicant.
Here is my timeline,

App mailed: Apr 9
App Recd: Apr 12
Request to link my app online: May 11
OWP Recd in Mail : Jun 22

I got my PCC on April 25th and filled out Schedule A since CIC advises you to get it done before they request it. However, I have not received any messages since I linked my application.
I just called the CIC call centre ( automated) to check my application status. It says I need additional documents to process my application and they have request a medical exam and check my messages for more details. But there has been NO messages whatsoever.

And also my online account on CIC says " Your action is required" against my PR application although there has been no new messages.

I'm super confused and worried if I was considered to miss the deadline to submit any required documents which could lead to a rejection.

I sent an enquiry to CIC and will try to call the call center again tomorrow and talk to a real person, but was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same issues.

Any kind of advice or help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi, I'm an April applicant.
Here is my timeline,

App mailed: Apr 9
App Recd: Apr 12
Request to link my app online: May 11
OWP Recd in Mail : Jun 22

I got my PCC on April 25th and filled out Schedule A since CIC advises you to get it done before they request it. However, I have not received any messages since I linked my application.
I just called the CIC call centre ( automated) to check my application status. It says I need additional documents to process my application and they have request a medical exam and check my messages for more details. But there has been NO messages whatsoever.

And also my online account on CIC says " Your action is required" against my PR application although there has been no new messages.

I'm super confused and worried if I was considered to miss the deadline to submit any required documents which could lead to a rejection.

I sent an enquiry to CIC and will try to call the call center again tomorrow and talk to a real person, but was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same issues.

Any kind of advice or help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance.
Hi, this is written in the cic homepage:
"You may see an incorrect application status asking for additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do."

so unless you have an actual message from them sending you instructions, it's a glitch. don't worry, a lot of us have been victim to the glitch. nothing to worry about.