+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA email although i didn't apply for one ?

Freddy22

Nov 29, 2016
I'm waiting for my OWP to be delivered but today I received an email informing me that I have been approved for an eTA. The thing is I never applied for an eTA and this is the first bit of correspondence I have received since linking my account back on Apr 05?
Is it usual to get and eTA along with your OWP?

Name : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Passport number : xxxxxxxxxxxx
eTA number : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Expiration : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear client,

In accordance with your Work Permit, you have been approved an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You are now authorized to travel to Canada by air.

When you travel to Canada, you will need to bring the passport you used to apply for your Work Permit, as the eTA is electronically linked to it. Should you obtain a new passport, you will need to apply for a new eTA by visiting the following site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp.

Airline check-in staff and the Canada Border Services Agency will have electronic access to your eTA status using your passport.

In the future, you can verify the status and expiration of your eTA by using the eTA Check Status Tool. To do this, you will need the eTA number noted above and details from the passport you used to apply for your eTA.

For information on what to see and do in Canada, visit www.Canada.travel. See you in Canada!

Do you plan on visiting the United States? You may require authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Find out more on the ESTA website.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assuming you are visa exempt then an ETA is issued with any work permit automatically given you need that to fly to Canada, the work permit on its own is not enough.

Freddy22

Nov 29, 2016
Assuming you are visa exempt then an ETA is issued with any work permit automatically given you need that to fly to Canada, the work permit on its own is not enough.[/QUOTE

I applied inland, do they still issue ETA's for inland applicants ??

jamieb14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hey Freddy,

I got the same thing, how did this play out for you?

Does this mean my OWP is on its way and has been approved?

I would like to know how this progressed for you as I'm in the same situation.

Cheers
Jamie

gtwok2112

Oct 3, 2017
Hey Freddy,

I got the same thing, how did this play out for you?

Does this mean my OWP is on its way and has been approved?

I would like to know how this progressed for you as I'm in the same situation.

Cheers
Jamie

Hey just saw your post I am am currently in the same situation and was just wondering how long it took after you got the eta for your work permit to arrive?

Thanks in advance