App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi. I send it's by Web form and 3 day later I received a mail that it was received and the next day other mail that it was sent to my application. Then 2 o 3 days I saw in my cic account that it was updated
good for you! i guess it depends on case to case or they're just moving fast now. i heard they're now working on august 2016 applicants. my additional docs and medical took a month in mycic to get updated. not complaining though, as long as i can see my app is moving.

Last edited:

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
good for you! i guess it depends on case to case or they're just moving fast now. i heard they're now working on august 2016 applicants. my additional docs and medical took a month in mycic to get updated. not complaining though, as long as i can see my app is moving.
August 2016.... well U r extremely lucky got ur work permit in short time after:) My case received on march 2nd 2017 N I didn't get work permit yet, when I called in they said they can't find applications which I submitted wit my SCLPC

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
August 2016.... well U r extremely lucky got ur work permit in short time after:) My case received on march 2nd 2017 N I didn't get work permit yet, when I called in they said they can't find applications which I submitted wit my SCLPC
honestly, i don't know why some apps get "lost". we put it into one envelope like they said, without staples, like they specified. like what do they mean "lost"? what a convenient excuse. did you resubmit?

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I didn't find a straight answer for this on the forum or the CIC web page and I was hoping somebody here could help me:

My country PCC (Argentina) is valid for 5 days (I know, pretty impossible to send an application and being received before 5 days pass by).
But my question is: If I already leave the country, Does It matter the expiration date of the PCC if I haven't returned after it was issued?

This is also similar for PCCs of counties where I no longer live. If the PCC expires after I left the country for the last time, is it still valid for CIC?

Hope someone can enlighten me with this!

Thanks,
Hi facuvk,

I don't know if anyone else already answered your question but...

Here are the details on how to get a police certificate for Argentina: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/argentina.asp

Quoted from the CIC website:
If you're a citizen of Argentina and no longer live there: You should follow the instructions on the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia website. Once the application process is complete, you must email, fax or mail the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales to the visa office. Consular Certificates are not accepted.

You must specify that the certificate you need is “con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” when you apply. The certificate is not valid without this paragraph.

The following legend MUST appear on the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales: “Este documento acredita que el certificado emitido lo es con excepción al artículo 51 de Código Penal, a solicitud del propio interesado.

The certificate must be issued by the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights. Certificates issued by any other federal/provincial government offices are not accepted.

If you have a criminal record, you must give a copy of the judicial file, the verdict and the final decision with a French or English translation of all documents.

Also note that you must provide an English or French translation of the police check when submitting it. AND the translation must be from a CIC approved translator.

Reactions: facuvk

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I didn't find a straight answer for this on the forum or the CIC web page and I was hoping somebody here could help me:

My country PCC (Argentina) is valid for 5 days (I know, pretty impossible to send an application and being received before 5 days pass by).
But my question is: If I already leave the country, Does It matter the expiration date of the PCC if I haven't returned after it was issued?

This is also similar for PCCs of counties where I no longer live. If the PCC expires after I left the country for the last time, is it still valid for CIC?

Hope someone can enlighten me with this!

Thanks,
@facuvk,

A couple of suggestions ...

1. Submit both Police check and upfront medical with your application instead of waiting for CIC to request them - it seems to make the process go faster if you read through the posts on this thread

2. My husband could not submit the police check with the application (he's from Colombia and CIC wanted the results sent directly to the embassy) but the letter we received from CIC said that he need to submit police checks only for the country that he had spent the majority of his life in. The exact wording was:

"The principal applicant (and all dependents age 18 and over) is required to submit a police certificate(s) from the country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18."

So that means you might not have to send PCC's for every country you've lived in, only the one you spent the most of your life in (aside from Canada).

Last edited:
Reactions: facuvk

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
honestly, i don't know why some apps get "lost". we put it into one envelope like they said, without staples, like they specified. like what do they mean "lost"? what a convenient excuse. did you resubmit?
Exactly~! I sent to ALberta VO last week, hope this time they do the right thing and correct the human errors they made

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
Hi Guys,

In the part of the OWP form that ask for 'details of my prospective employer' I have left that part blank. Is that OK? I would really appreciate a quick reply guys as am hoping to post my application tomorrow.

Many thanks

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
Also in my OWP application am only sending as supporting documents items below.
1. The application form
2. Proof of payment
3. Copy of my passport bio data page
4. Copy of my status in Canada
5. Marriage Certificate

Is this all that is required or am I missing something. Am concerned its to easy:D:D:D Help guys. Am I missing something?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Also in my OWP application am only sending as supporting documents items below.
1. The application form
2. Proof of payment
3. Copy of my passport bio data page
4. Copy of my status in Canada
5. Marriage Certificate

Is this all that is required or am I missing something. Am concerned its to easy:D:D:D Help guys. Am I missing something?
that's perfectly fine! as long as you have everything they required and you pass everything that applies to you. that's what i had in mine plus my transcipt from school so you're set to go. also, just put N/A for the employer part but fill up the intended location.

@Sheraton_k hope you didn't have to pay the fee again!

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
that's perfectly fine! as long as you have everything they required and you pass everything that applies to you. that's what i had in mine plus my transcipt from school so you're set to go. also, just put N/A for the employer part but fill up the intended location.

@Sheraton_k hope you didn't have to pay the fee again!
Thank you very much.

I tried filling the intended location and leave out the employer part but when I do that the form wont validate. Also I take it including your transcript was your personal choice and NOT a requirement by CIC?

skyfitch

May 29, 2017
Am sending my package via courier Is this the correct full address.

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga

2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300

Mississauga, ON

L4Z 1H8

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Thank you very much.

I tried filling the intended location and leave out the employer part but when I do that the form wont validate. Also I take it including your transcript was your personal choice and NOT a requirement by CIC?
oh. it worked for me before. i was an international student here so i needed to include my transcript. are you submitting pr and owp app? yes, that is the right address for courier.

Aacon

Jun 7, 2017
Hi guys,

Does anyone get eTA approval letter before getting OWP approved?

I haven't got OWP yet but a couple weeks ago I got an eTA approval letter saying "In accordance with your work permit, you have been approved an eTA...."

What I understand is an eTA usually comes with OWP and
we don't need to apply separately, meaning no way to get approved separately.

I called CIC and they suggested me to wait for another couple of weeks
but because of all the glitches we are experiencing,
I'm not patient enough to wait without coming here and asking you guys.

Thanks!

teenspirit

Jul 7, 2015
Yes if you have a request for PCC and schedule A upload them right away. If not upload them using the IrCc webform.

No i didnt notify cic because gov of quebec will send 2 mails one for you and one for cic regarding the csq paper.
Thanks again, Baḍi

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
OMG this happened to me today! I checked my CIC account and my status has changed to 'we have requested a medical exam' but i look at the message below and its the message they sent for my Background check... So I'm like well wheres this medical exam message.....
Did you get through to them eventually?
Hi Emily89,

Sorry for the super late response. Yes I did, and they told me that it was an error/glitch in their online system. Well fast forward to last week, I got an email from CIC, so i went to my online account and there it was the medical request. So i got them done this week.

I would also like to add that these immigration doctors see about 15-20 people an hour charging between 150-250 for 5 minutes of the so-called "check up".

Hope you get your med request soon!

Rgds.

Reactions: Emily89