+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
couple more questions please.

1. What is the fees for open work permit? Do I only select Work permit (including extensions) – per person and only pay $155 or do I have to include $100 for Open work permit holder and pay 255 in total.

2. Also do I need to include a passport photo of myself in the open work permit application.

Thanks in advance

1. you should pay $255. If you pay only one of those payment, the balance will either be deducted from your PR application fee ( after it has be deducted , the balance will be sent back to you, and you will also have to pay any amount left when you PR has been approved) or they will return your application back to you. Depend on the officer discretion.

2. Your application need two passport photograph but your work permit application doesnt need that

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I had the same problem with not getting a request for my schedule A. I was told to upload it through the webform but have got no reply since Wednesday last week when I did. Did you hear anything from them? Do you know they've received it?
they usually take a month to confirm the receipt of additional documents and then it takes a while to reflect in your mycic that the additional docs have been uploaded.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
1. you should pay $255. If you pay only one of those payment, the balance will either be deducted from your PR application fee ( after it has be deducted , the balance will be sent back to you, and you will also have to pay any amount left when you PR has been approved) or they will return your application back to you. Depend on the officer discretion.

2. Your application need two passport photograph but your work permit application doesnt need that
1. i might be wrong but if the officer decides to deduct from fees paid, it would be from the 490 RPRF. if you did not pay the rprf yet then definitely they would return your owp app. i'm just basing it from the trend of the majority of apps i've followed here. someone else might be able to confirm this?

2. you need a digital passport photo for online owp app but not for paper app submitted with the pr app.

poko8me

Jun 11, 2017
Hello! My boyfriend is sponsoring me as a common law partner. We are currently putting our application together to be submitted in July. Applying for in land and for OWP. What would be good proof for financial dependancy? He is the only one working right now and we have a joint bank account.

teenspirit

Jul 7, 2015
Hello All,

Here is my timeline

App received 21 Dec 2016
AOR received 20 Jan 2017
They start processing my application Jan 19 2017
Schedule A and PCC was uploaded through IRCC web form on Feb 8th 2017
Letter to apply for CSQ from Gov of quebec Feb 28th 2017
CSQ issued April 7th and received a mail on April 11th 2017
I noticed Background status changed Mid april on myCic

Now my cic says
They are processing my Background check
They will inform me of when they will start my eligibility check
we need more information (of course there is no msg but i assume that was the schedule A and PCC from the first time)

and that's it

any idea of how long it will take?
Background check been there for almost 2 months and 1 week
Hi Badi

I've received the AOR yesterday and have been asked to provide the Schedule A/PCC/CSQ within a month.

- Do I need to provide PCC for me (prinicipal applicant) and sponsor too. As they have asked to provide that for each family member.

- Also, can I ask cic to extend the time as I'm not sure that CSQ would be received by that time.

Please check if you got the same.

Thanks

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hi Badi

I've received the AOR yesterday and have been asked to provide the Schedule A/PCC/CSQ within a month.

- Do I need to provide PCC for me (prinicipal applicant) and sponsor too. As they have asked to provide that for each family member.

- Also, can I ask cic to extend the time as I'm not sure that CSQ would be received by that time.

Please check if you got the same.

Thanks
Hi

Yea i got the same. For PcC its only for the Principle applicant. No need for the sponsor.

For CSQ the processing time is 25 business days it toke me 1 month and a week. But dont worry cic knows that csq takes time and in fact i got email from gov quebec saying that.

Your good to go now wish you all the luck

OliP16

Jun 24, 2016
Same issue happened to me. the two emails was sent to me. Mine and my spouse. Maybe your email address is incorrect or not visible. You can call CIC to updated your email address
Thanks for the info :) I called this morning and they said that it's fairly common for the sponsor to receive their confirmation before I receive an AOR. (Find it a bit weird) but that's what the CIC call centre says. Atleast I now they must be processing it atleast.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Thanks for the info :) I called this morning and they said that it's fairly common for the sponsor to receive their confirmation before I receive an AOR. (Find it a bit weird) but that's what the CIC call centre says. Atleast I now they must be processing it atleast.
If you have your filled-in forms saved somewhere, you should open the forms to verify you put in a correct email address for yourself.

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hello @profiler ,
my application was been returned because missing documents ( joint utilities documents and important documents showing the same address) my question is , now i have cell phone under my name and my wife has an authorization is this enough to be joint utilities documents and for important documents showing the same address i will apply the joint account bank between me and my wife, and my SIN has the same address, my wife sponsor me

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello @profiler ,
my application was been returned because missing documents ( joint utilities documents and important documents showing the same address) my question is , now i have cell phone under my name and my wife has an authorization is this enough to be joint utilities documents and for important documents showing the same address i will apply the joint account bank between me and my wife, and my SIN has the same address, my wife sponsor me
If you and your wife both have phone numbers under the same cell phone account, then yes, that should be ok.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
no we dont have the same number under the the same phone , the phone number under my name and she has an authorization. in Bell company
I mean different numbers for each. Like: You: 416-555-1212 and her: 416-555-1213 for example.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
no just one number. and i want to know joint account bank is a important documents showing the same address or joint utilities documents
Yes it is one of them. If you look in my signature, I posted in 2016 what would suffice as proofs.