+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Provider

Jun 20, 2018
That is not correct. I was an inland applicant and the lady stamped my passport and crossed out my valid work visa before handing the long form COPR to me.
Dude ...did you mean she stamped your work permit visa on your passport a “cancellation” stamp, good that she didn’t rip that page off your passport. But that doesn’t relate to the question I was answering.
Thanks

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Just got landing letter for 9 July
My wife has no passport - it is being renewed at Ozzy consulate - is it worth going to Etobicoke?
Or just send them a letter and ask to postpone?

sarxan

Jun 23, 2018
May 26 2018 PRAS application for family sponsor transfered to Ankara VO but still no news just says in process. How long takes after this stage? i will need interview?
Thanks

Provider

Jun 20, 2018
Just got landing letter for 9 July
My wife has no passport - it is being renewed at Ozzy consulate - is it worth going to Etobicoke?
Or just send them a letter and ask to postpone?
Try reply to the Landing letter email, and request an exemption of the valid passport requirement based on your situation, they should be able either to most probably give you an exemption or reschedule. Good luck and congratulations!!!

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
May 26 2018 PRAS application for family sponsor transfered to Ankara VO but still no news just says in process. How long takes after this stage? i will need interview?
Thanks
This is the thread for inland applicants who applied in 2016. For outland applicants through the Ankara visa office you may want to check this thread.

Reactions: WOLFHAWK
Jun 25, 2018
You can use OWP + an employment letter to get OHIP. There is a 90 day wait from when they can validate you're residing in Ontario (typically, they use your employment start date from your employment letter).

AIP also works. If you have the AIP letter.

However, in your case, you may want to wait for your landing (I recall reading you're waiting for Etobicoke to schedule). Because OHIP would only be valid until your OWP expiry.

See: https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/
What does AIP stand for? Sorry I'm new to this forum.

Anyone know if the employment letter has to be original for applying for OHIP?

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
What does AIP stand for? Sorry I'm new to this forum.

Anyone know if the employment letter has to be original for applying for OHIP?
AIP = Approval in Principle. It comes near the end of the inland sponsorship process, in the form of a letter which starts “It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class...”

As for the employer letter, I just asked my employer for two original signed copies and provided one to the health insurance agency in Québec and kept the other. I don’t think it needed to be orginal though.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
AIP = Approval in Principle. It comes near the end of the inland sponsorship process, in the form of a letter which starts “It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class...”

As for the employer letter, I just asked my employer for two original signed copies and provided one to the health insurance agency in Québec and kept the other. I don’t think it needed to be orginal though.
We had to send the employment letter thru the web form, follow this link,,, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 I thought that would be a hyper link,, anyway its IRCC Webform you can google it...
You cant send a original so it wont matter sending thru the web, We kept the original just in case we were asked for it later.. much luck to you !!

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017