+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Harneetkaur49

Oct 9, 2016
I am in a similar scenario, it will be my 20th month this August, and both sides are 'in process'. My PGWP work permit ends on Nov 2018, and I have applied for the open work permit beginning of this month. Also, planning to take a trip this December.

I got in touch with the CIC call centre last week, the person said:
- For applications submitted before December 7 2016, CIC is working to have 80% of them processed within 26 months
- I can take a vacation outside Canada while my sponsor application is still in process, but CIC does not recommend it. The reason being, for any reason if the border agent refuses re-entry, then it will directly affect the application.

My 26 months will be done on 19th july. And they say you can't do anything if the processing time goes over.

Provider

Jun 20, 2018
Hi, Guys!

I have a few questions that I am hoping some of you can help me with (I am still trying to catch up with reading the pages now up to page 1542):
1. Sponsor's ECAS indicates DM. However, PA's is still In Process. Is this normal?
2. 2 emails came in yesterday. These are the AIP, right?
For PA:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."
For SA:
"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly."
3. We are in Montreal but the above (#2) letter is signed from Innovation Hub Vancouver-FCPU. Does this mean our landing will be in Vancouver?
4. How long will it be from AIP (?) to PR?

Thanks in advance!

1 yes sponsors approvals normally comes before starting your pr application so that’s totally normal
2 yes this is your AIP
3 no you’ll be landing either at your local immigration office or through a phone call m4 between AIP and Landing could vary from 45 days or less up to 6 months
Good luck

Provider

Jun 20, 2018
Question: If I have my sponsorship application 'in process' and I decide to make another application under express entry while my PGWP is still valid, will my sponsorship application be hampered in any way?

Thanks!
Most probably it won’t but chances to get approved through family sponsorships are higher. And you can always apply for express entry but get an OWP before your current one expires

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Most probably it won’t but chances to get approved through family sponsorships are higher. And you can always apply for express entry but get an OWP before your current one expires
Thanks! I have applied for the OWP on July 6th. Does CIC sends a letter to acknowledge receipt of the application?

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Hello everyone,
Is there an email address to contact CIC on sponsorship applications? We can't seem to reach an agent. Thanks!

Bip31

May 19, 2018
Does 12-month processing time apply to pre-Dec, 2016 applicants? We sent in our application in Nov 2016, so it has been more than 19 months.
I don’t think so, inland sponsorship before December 7th 2016 it is still 26 months.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Hello everyone,
Is there an email address to contact CIC on sponsorship applications? We can't seem to reach an agent. Thanks!
Are you getting thru to the CIC Phone prompts or Are you getting a recording saying The number your calling cant be reached from your area code?? If you getting that, I had to go to a Pay phone and call them,, They are very busy so I had to keep trying until I got an agent. Good luck

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
In case it helps anyone else, I recently contacted my MP regarding our delay of 19.5 months (which technically still falls under the estimated processing time of 26 months...) and this was the response received from his office:

"The agent on the phone informed us that the background and criminality checks are still in progress. However, this depends on a third party, so the agent couldn't indicate an approximate wait time."​

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Does 12-month processing time apply to pre-Dec, 2016 applicants? We sent in our application in Nov 2016, so it has been more than 19 months.
Hey!
Did you receive your PR???
I applied december 2nd so I am still waiting and just wanted to see if other people are waiting like me

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Hey!
Did you receive your PR???
I applied december 2nd so I am still waiting and just wanted to see if other people are waiting like me
Dec 2 applicant, “in process” both sides. Still waiting

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
@profiler

My husband and I are about to travel to Cancun Mexico on August 21. However, we wish to take our son with us. It will be our first trip ever...and first time taking my son out of the country. Both my son and I are Canadian citizens but I notice yesterday my son is passport expired this past month June and I didnt realize. I check online and it saids it takes 10 days to process a new passport. But apparently I cant apply for renewal but a general passport application since he is a child age 8 years. Does it really take 10 days or can it take longer??? I plan to go personally to a Visa office and apply for his new passport. Also, today the travel agency asks for our passports to book our travel and flights...but I forgot to tell them my son is passport is expired can they still book our flights without my son is new passport ??? What do they look at , is it the passport number to book a flight?? Dont understand why they need our passport. I have never travel so I am so new at this.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Sponsorship Application Status shows "Decision Made", but it does not actually say whether it is approved or not. Is it normal?
The PR application status still shows "In Process".