+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Harneetkaur49

Oct 9, 2016
I am may 2016 application my application say DM on sponsorside and In process on the other side. It is same from last 6 months. On 19th july 2018 my 26 months will be done.

Is there anyone who is facing the same condition?

Pgwp is expiring in sep 2018 and planning a trip in dec 2018.

Guys please help me if i can do anything to secure my trip as travelling in dec is very important for me.

Provider

Jun 20, 2018
I am may 2016 application my application say DM on sponsorside and In process on the other side. It is same from last 6 months. On 19th july 2018 my 26 months will be done.

Guys please help me if i can do anything to secure my trip as travelling in dec is very important for me.
I’d be calling their 800 phone number to try understand what’s the issue causing the delay, also matching the last correspondence you received from them and any requests they had were satisfied. When was the last time you got a letter from them?and what about? You need to also detail more about your situation. Like did you try to apply for pr through other program? I hope your wait comes to an end soon

Harneetkaur49

Oct 9, 2016
I’d be calling their 800 phone number to try understand what’s the issue causing the delay, also matching the last correspondence you received from them and any requests they had were satisfied. When was the last time you got a letter from them?and what about? You need to also detail more about your situation. Like did you try to apply for pr through other program? I hope your wait comes to an end soon

I applied under family sponsorship as my husband is a PR. Last time I called they said background check going on and which is done by third party. They are doing it from last 8 months. As my ecas never changed.

Applied for open work permit as well as i will be out of status in sep 2018. But seems like everything is taking to much time. It shows that 52 days to process work permit and 65 for visa. I am not sure now what to do.

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
I applied under family sponsorship as my husband is a PR. Last time I called they said background check going on and which is done by third party. They are doing it from last 8 months. As my ecas never changed.

Applied for open work permit as well as i will be out of status in sep 2018. But seems like everything is taking to much time. It shows that 52 days to process work permit and 65 for visa. I am not sure now what to do.

Hi,

I would advise you to raise a Web Form Query under Sponsorship -> Sponsor Spouse in Canada. The link to the web form is below:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Inform them that you are nearing the deadline and I guess there is no harm in mentioning about your work permit expiry date and your travel plans in December.

The second thing you can do is to contact your local MP. They have a direct line to talk to IRCC. They can contact immigration on your behalf and ask for updates.

Good luck!

Harneetkaur49

Oct 9, 2016
Hi,

I would advise you to raise a Web Form Query under Sponsorship -> Sponsor Spouse in Canada. The link to the web form is below:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Inform them that you are nearing the deadline and I guess there is no harm in mentioning about your work permit expiry date and your travel plans in December.

The second thing you can do is to contact your local MP. They have a direct line to talk to IRCC. They can contact immigration on your behalf and ask for updates.

Good luck!
Do u think i should wait till my dead line as they say we will not reply if the deadline has not passed.

Provider

Jun 20, 2018

You don’t have to worry about your status as long as you already applied for the work permit, you will have implied status if your work permit expired before the decision is made for your new application, I expect you’re getting the work permit before September though. For your PR application also it can take longer for some cases as they have informed you because of third party involvement, also if you have been traveling around alot that could delay your background check, my advice try not to worry much, though always follow up with what’s happening. A good thing to do now would be reaching out to your MP and getting them involved they will definitely move things faster, along with ordering your GCMS notes.

LJLWaddell

Feb 21, 2017
I have a question for those who have landed and applied for their actual PR card.

Did any of you find yourself in a situation where CIC mailed it out but you never received it? This is the situation I am currently in. We used a lawyer, it was mailed to her but never arrived, so she today faxed a solemn declaration stating so, so i can get another card...

Any one else had this problem? How much longer did you have to wait for your card?

Provider

Jun 20, 2018
I have a question for those who have landed and applied for their actual PR card.

Did any of you find yourself in a situation where CIC mailed it out but you never received it? This is the situation I am currently in. We used a lawyer, it was mailed to her but never arrived, so she today faxed a solemn declaration stating so, so i can get another card...

Any one else had this problem? How much longer did you have to wait for your card?
Normally they’ll be sending the PR card on your home address unless you requested otherwise. However it happens that they also just send it to the address of the lawyer by error or possibly another address on your profile by error like your or your lawyers old mailing address, anyway I think it’s going to be the normal wait time around 55 days give or take. If you can’t wait you can apply for a travel document for one entry that’s usually faster. Cheers

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi, Guys!

I have a few questions that I am hoping some of you can help me with (I am still trying to catch up with reading the pages now up to page 1542):
1. Sponsor's ECAS indicates DM. However, PA's is still In Process. Is this normal?
2. 2 emails came in yesterday. These are the AIP, right?
For PA:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."
For SA:
"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly."
3. We are in Montreal but the above (#2) letter is signed from Innovation Hub Vancouver-FCPU. Does this mean our landing will be in Vancouver?
4. How long will it be from AIP (?) to PR?

Thanks in advance!

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017

I am in a similar scenario, it will be my 20th month this August, and both sides are 'in process'. My PGWP work permit ends on Nov 2018, and I have applied for the open work permit beginning of this month. Also, planning to take a trip this December.

I got in touch with the CIC call centre last week, the person said:
- For applications submitted before December 7 2016, CIC is working to have 80% of them processed within 26 months
- I can take a vacation outside Canada while my sponsor application is still in process, but CIC does not recommend it. The reason being, for any reason if the border agent refuses re-entry, then it will directly affect the application.

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Question: If I have my sponsorship application 'in process' and I decide to make another application under express entry while my PGWP is still valid, will my sponsorship application be hampered in any way?

Thanks!

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
In Canada you have to show cohabitation. So, you need to provide a Canadian address that you 'share'. So, if you have a tax return that shows the address that she lives at, that could be used to argue that's where you will be living.

Literally, you have to prove where you both are ( or are going to live ) living in Canada. Photos will go to prove you have a relationship -- but they explicitly asked for cohab evidence.

I would also be authoring a letter to go along with your submission, to explain that you have been working overseas and you plan to return. You need to provide a return plan, so they will overlook the discrepancy.

Get professor!!
How is it going?,just a quick check to see if you were up n still working. I haven't been on for quite some time, enjoying the London life and gathering the money ( which is coming pretty slowly)
Touch base if or when u can.