AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Sponsorship Application Status shows "Decision Made", but it does not actually say whether it is approved or not. Is it normal?
The PR application status still shows "In Process".
Yes that's normal. To be clear, do you see "decision made" on the sponsor side or on the principal applicant side or on both?
On the sponsor side, it means sponsor approval.
When on both sides, it means you are done!

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Yes that's normal. To be clear, do you see "decision made" on the sponsor side or on the principal applicant side or on both?
On the sponsor side, it means sponsor approval.
When on both sides, it means you are done!
I saw it on the sponsor side. Hoping that the principal applicant will be approved soon!

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
For me, the sponsor, the eligibility "has not started yet" and " we are processing your background check"

The information I got from the phone call
Ditto. This is what my online account says when I log in through GC Key and check the status:

“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.”

XKAYIY

May 21, 2018
Ditto. This is what my online account says when I log in through GC Key and check the status:

“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.”
I have a lawyer to be the representative.
The only way I can get the details is the phone call which I have not known until last November.

zain1291

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Hey guys

Sharing my details here if it may help.

- got married in India 2015 december
- applied 2016 april under sponsor in canada.
- 2017 q1, sent my PCC, medicals as required
- 2017 q2, re-request for marriage certificate
- boom... got called by officer saying my marriage certificate isnt registered back in india!!
- got remarried here in Toronto court, got another marriage certificate and sent it to CIC
- 2017 November, file transfered to local office for further assessment (well this was obvious)
- 2018 May, finally called for relation interview
- AIP received same night of relation interview date
- 2018 June - asked for PCC again
- 2018 July 31st - scheduled landing interview.

Couple things to note....

CIC officers are doing an amazing job, and they are very understanding. They do value every situation. When my application was transfer to local office and i didnt hear back for months, i did panik now and then. Called a few lawyers and MP for suggestion. Most of them said (inclduing mp), they are surprised CIC didnt reject my application already since sponsor application is highly dependent on marriage certificate.

The fact that i was requested for sending marriage certificate again in 2017 and again the officer personally called me to state my certificate was invalid and giving me a third chance was something I never expected. People might say i got lucky, but i would say my application throughout was genuine and also i would emphasis on the communication in all your explanation letter should be clear, valid and strong. Even though you dont hear back from them, they do read and take it all in account. My officer during the relation interview confirmed, they received everything and they are away of everything i said to them on all those explaination letters.

Oh and btw, i bought a house back in 2017 feb with a closing in December 2018 for which i already paid a significant amount as deposit. Mortgage was a huge problem for me as i am not a PR. All that comes to happy closure now!

Good luck to those are still waiting. Patience is the most valuable asset you can give to these applications ;).

P.S I never paid any lawyer or agency throughout this application by the way.

Cheers
Zain

Vonneta

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Congrats!

As @pedropil said, processing is done. You just need to wait for letters now (and don't worry if they miss one). The one you want to watch the most for is the invitation to the Landing Interview. That's where they will hand you your confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).[/QUOTE
Hi
Just an update.....got decision made on both sides.....what will be the next step?......also we submitted medical in april 2016..... is there any possibility of medical request again after getting decision made on both sides?

Thanks,,
hi what is the last number after dm for the both side?

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
When I check the Processing time online now, for applicants before December 7, 2016, it doesn't say '26 months' anymore. This is what the message says:

"If you submitted an application before December 7, 2016 and you haven’t received a decision yet, your case is probably complex. Check your application status."

If you click on the hyperlink (Complex), it shows certain criteria what they term as complex and I do not fall in any of those categories.

Do you think contacting the MP or submitting a webform enquiry will do some good? It's been 2 months since we completed a fingerprint check requested by IRCC and no news since then. I hope they do something soon as it has been almost 2 years!

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
When I check the Processing time online now, for applicants before December 7, 2016, it doesn't say '26 months' anymore. This is what the message says:

"If you submitted an application before December 7, 2016 and you haven’t received a decision yet, your case is probably complex. Check your application status."

If you click on the hyperlink (Complex), it shows certain criteria what they term as complex and I do not fall in any of those categories.

Do you think contacting the MP or submitting a webform enquiry will do some good? It's been 2 months since we completed a fingerprint check requested by IRCC and no news since then. I hope they do something soon as it has been almost 2 years!
This is definitely something new.

It also says: “If you have not seen an update in your application status or received correspondence from us in the last 6 months, contact us using the Web form.”

My applicant side status changed to “in process” 3 months ago. Does that mean, they won’t attend to my “Web Form” Query now?

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Landed my wife and son today!
25 months after they entered the country and 18 after application was received
Big thanks to everyone too bored at work to spend time here
@ proviler - can i buy you a beer ?

Reactions: helix and sylvain1