Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017. Med's passed 13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-06-2017
LANDED..........
29-06-2017
60+ because it takes another 30 for the international passport to be issued. Yeah it's a mess...

You can change your PR Card, as it will use the AKA, not the maiden name. The COPR paper is only issued once and that's at the time of landing.
@profiler I have a question about that problem too....I'm planning to change my last name to my married name on my driver license, SIN, health card, credit cards etc... I was thinking about changing my PR card too, but if I do that it will not match with my passport. I wasn't planning to change my passport yet because it is valid until 2022. And honestly it is pain in the a** to change it. So if the name on PR card will not match with passport, then I'm sure I'll have bunch of problems if I wanna travel, right? And if I don't change my PR card name, then I'm worried that I'll have problems when I'll apply for citizenship. Is it even legal to have all documents in one name, PR card and passport in other? How will CIC know who I am? lol :D

Reactions: dskeard

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
@profiler I have a question about that problem too....I'm planning to change my last name to my married name on my driver license, SIN, health card, credit cards etc... I was thinking about changing my PR card too, but if I do that it will not match with my passport. I wasn't planning to change my passport yet because it is valid until 2022. And honestly it is pain in the a** to change it. So if the name on PR card will not match with passport, then I'm sure I'll have bunch of problems if I wanna travel, right? And if I don't change my PR card name, then I'm worried that I'll have problems when I'll apply for citizenship. Is it even legal to have all documents in one name, PR card and passport in other? How will CIC know who I am? lol :D
good questions! Im interested in knowing all of this too, never thought about all the names/changes like I have had to lately

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone, i just got GCMS note today, i got AIP already. I see that my criminality passed , medical passed and valid until 2018 ( which i dont know how because i did it in may 2016) , only security is still processing . Does anyone know what that is?? Is it background check from my home country? And they said my application is in queued for review :(( , i think i sent my police check again in may which is why it delayed my application . It's almost 2 months now . Does anyone know how long security process?
Regarding your medical, CIC can extend the validity of the medical, it's at the discretion of the agent. The rest of your post was well covered by @profiler

Reactions: TempestD

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@Tyara @dskeard I'm sorry I really can't help you, I'm totally clueless about this subject. It's since 1981 in Quebec that women have to keep their maiden name after marriage. Best of luck with those procedures anyway!

Reactions: Tyara and dskeard

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
I'm sure we'really in the same boat. I am an April 2016 applicant with no SA or AIP yet much less DM. I contacted my MP last month who actually was able to get info on my file in 5 mins right in front of me but they didn't say anything we didn't know much about already. I'm aware I'm aware us 2016 applicants are well within timeframe because of the 26 months timeframe but it sucks. Feels unfair but nothing I can do besides continuing to wait. In time!
I don't even really know if we have DM for sure or what is going on, it says Decision Made on the sponsor side on mycic, but we never got an email that said any decision was made, and all it says is Application received on the applicant side.

It seems too coincidental that those February and March applicants seemed to be getting done really fast in a row then all of the sudden it is like the system just stopped and then we started hearing from many months further jumping ahead. I have images in my mind of the April applicants sitting in a big ignored pile beside some CIC agent's desk as he/she puts all their attention on July and August applicants instead. Beyond frustrating at this point :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Nyet... Man I am good with Russian... Watching Russian tv is really paying off! Born and raised Canadian of distant Irish and Scottish roots... You'd never know (lol!)

Horosho (eng: ok) no, your PR Card is attached to your passport. Additionally, your PR Card also has your UCI. Notice the ID # is the same :). So, when they pull your file as you cross, they'd see your AKA and your maiden name in GCMS. I'd say there is zero issue here.

But I'm just a software nerd who builds these systems....not consumes them :).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@Tyara @dskeard I'm sorry I really can't help you, I'm totally clueless about this subject. It's since 1981 in Quebec that women have to keep their maiden name after marriage. Best of luck with those procedures anyway!
In Ontario it's dead simple. So common, they have the details online. Head to a SO office with all your ID, and they'll complete the task in seconds.

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Regarding your medical, CIC can extend the validity of the medical, it's at the discretion of the agent. The rest of your post was well covered by @profiler
They apparently are no longer extending medicals. But, I'd guess that they can't keep issuing requests for new ones, as the backlog won't shrink sufficiently fast enough to maintain their speed.

So, I bet they are only enforcing that in the cases where the PA is from an "at risk" region....

Just a guess...

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
I don't even really know if we have DM for sure or what is going on, it says Decision Made on the sponsor side on mycic, but we never got an email that said any decision was made, and all it says is Application received on the applicant side.

It seems too coincidental that those February and March applicants seemed to be getting done really fast in a row then all of the sudden it is like the system just stopped and then we started hearing from many months further jumping ahead. I have images in my mind of the April applicants sitting in a big ignored pile beside some CIC agent's desk as he/she puts all their attention on July and August applicants instead. Beyond frustrating at this point :(

LOL! it's sad but I had seen quite a few April and June applicants that got through after the slowness but in time! At least you got DM. It's just a matter of time.

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
wow, I didnt know that...something new learned today :)

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Nyet... Man I am good with Russian... Watching Russian tv is really paying off! Born and raised Canadian of distant Irish and Scottish roots... You'd never know (lol!)

Horosho (eng: ok) no, your PR Card is attached to your passport. Additionally, your PR Card also has your UCI. Notice the ID # is the same :). So, when they pull your file as you cross, they'd see your AKA and your maiden name in GCMS. I'd say there is zero issue here.

But I'm just a software nerd who builds these systems....not consumes them :).
so for me I am thinking...change to my married name on SIN and MCP and leave maiden name on PR and Passport and deal with those later when the Passport needs renewal

Reactions: Tyara

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

At least there is DM on the sponsor side, thats a little bit of goodness. I was under the impression that you only get the DM email/letter when the DM is made on the applicant side, perhaps Im wrong?
I too have visions of my file being under another big pile.
All through this though, I have to remind myself, when I sent in that application, 26 months was quoted as when it was to be complete. That was my expectation at that time. Anything that happens sooner is a bonus....dont get me wrong, I too get irritated when I see others who filed after me getting their landing completed.
My feelings are that you really should call your MP and see if there is anything they can do. I have set a deadline for myself and if I hear nothing by that date, I am calling our MP. It may be the only way to get a resolution.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
so for me I am thinking...change to my married name on SIN and MCP and leave maiden name on PR and Passport and deal with those later when the Passport needs renewal
Seems ok to me. The married surname is just an "alias" anyway. So the Canadian government doesn't care.

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Seems ok to me. The married surname is just an "alias" anyway. So the Canadian government doesn't care.
to be on the safe side when I travel, I may just bring the big ole file box full of papers and they can sort it out, lol

Reactions: Tyara