IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
to be on the safe side when I travel, I may just bring the big ole file box full of papers and they can sort it out, lol
But, why? CBSA knows who you are from your PR Card. It has one ID number on it -- your UCI.. That was created on the first application for anything from CIC, and that will remain your number for your lifetime. UCI stands for Unique Client Identifier.

So, they will pull your UCI up on the computer, and welcome you home. No big deal.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Game over.

It's done

Mrs Netto landed this morning.

Don't even know what to say but think I'm weighing 50 pounds less today lol
Congrats. Time to party!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
wow, I didnt know that...something new learned today :)
From what I understand that was done with the intent to avoid a "sexist" tradition (as only women were changing name) and to promote equal rights between men and women...

Reactions: Tyara and dskeard

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Uh ohs...

Anyone in KWCG:
"
7:42 PM EDT Friday 11 August 2017
Tornado warning in effect for:

• Kitchener - Cambridge - Region of Waterloo
At 7:42 p.m. EDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that is possibly producing a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible.

There has been a report of a tornado in Hawkesville. It is moving east towards the area between Elmira and St Jacobs.

This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. If you hear a roaring sound or see a funnel cloud, swirling debris near the ground, flying debris, or any threatening weather approaching, take shelter immediately.

Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet. Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelter, and move to a strong building if you can. As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris.

Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!

Tornado warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing tornadoes.

The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

For more information:
http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca/english/beprepared/beprepared.html."

See: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on38#2339167721362922012201708110503wf1171cwto

Last edited:

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Game over.

It's done

Mrs Netto landed this morning.

Don't even know what to say but think I'm weighing 50 pounds less today lol
Congratulations Fabianonetto!!! I'm truly happy for you and your wife! I'm sure you can also confirm for those waiting to land how easy going is the landing "interview", and that they really have nothing to worry about that interview. Anyway it's time for you and your wife to celebrate!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Uh ohs...

Anyopne in KWCG:
"

At 7:42 p.m. EDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that is possibly producing a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible.

There has been a report of a tornado in Hawkesville. It is moving east towards the area between Elmira and St Jacobs.

This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. If you hear a roaring sound or see a funnel cloud, swirling debris near the ground, flying debris, or any threatening weather approaching, take shelter immediately.

Go indoors to a room on the lowest floor, away from outside walls and windows, such as a basement, bathroom, stairwell or interior closet. Leave mobile homes, vehicles, tents, trailers and other temporary or free-standing shelter, and move to a strong building if you can. As a last resort, lie in a low spot and protect your head from flying debris.

Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!

Tornado warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing tornadoes.

The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

For more information:

See: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on38#2339167721362922012201708110503wf1171cwto
I really hope that it won't happen. Take care!

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
But, why? CBSA knows who you are from your PR Card. It has one ID number on it -- your UCI.. That was created on the first application for anything from CIC, and that will remain your number for your lifetime. UCI stands for Unique Client Identifier.

So, they will pull your UCI up on the computer, and welcome you home. No big deal.

guess it is just me overthinking things and making more out of it than what it really is...thanks for bringing me back down to reality :)

Reactions: profiler

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
From what I understand that was done with the intent to avoid a "sexist" tradition (as only women were changing name) and to promote equal rights between men and women...
makes so much sense, the whole world should do this and make things so much easier.
and then are they able to choose which last name their children have?

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Uh ohs...

Anyopne in KWCG:
"

For more information:

stay safe

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
makes so much sense, the whole world should do this and make things so much easier.
and then are they able to choose which last name their children have?
Yes, but this is still the name of the father in the vast majority of cases. It's even possible to give both family names to the children, but it's not very common.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes, but this is still the name of the father in the vast majority of cases.
@dskeard

Ontario just allows people to choose. It's also implied that a partner can just hyphenate their name too at will. My son has a hyphenated name (my ex and mine). They also allow partners to assume the surname of their SO. So, I kinda think we have the best of all worlds (as it's a choice, and it's easy enough to do, just verify that the relation exists).

Also, thanks both of you for your concern. We'll be fine. We're inside, and we have a basement if things kick up.... as for torrential rains -- I am at the top of the hill -- no issue :).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Time for whirlpool :)
I have a hot tub outside, you know. But I'd worry the YUUUGE current draw from it (~45A) might attract a little lightning ;)

The warning has been ended. We made out ok -- looks like lots of action elsewhere in the region, though.