AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Submitted our Inland Spousal October 2016, sent PCC and Medcial with it. Work Permit arrived in Feb 2017.
Received an email message yesterday to log in to MyCIC, no message just a Medical Form attached.
MyCIC says Medical received, regardless of what it says my husband is having his second Medical today.
I had started wonder if the first medical had expired as it is way over a year old.
If all goes well, I believe we could be under the 12 month landing.
Thank you Forum, you have kept us sane. We started applying in 2014, under the Skilled Program from Australia, then an attempt to do Grandparent, both times applications returned. It has been better to have my husband move to Canada and sponsor from here, especially now with the OWP program, being with him being allowed to work for the year and half it took to get our act together was tough. But, all good now. Fingers crossed we are still on the right tract, thank you.
Yes medical exam is valid for 1 year. Its validity might be extended, but this is at the discretion of the agent. From your timeline, everything seems to be on track.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
When I saw how close it was, and what I saw when the storms raced through, I couldn't help it. That summed the night up. Very turbulent. Very, very fast moving. It also got really cold fast.

I still haven't heard from @meaningful1 ... Hope his sump held up during those storms!
Installed a back-up. . Tested it , i can relax now, except ofcourse unless the community in general flood.
Getting ready for my appointment. . . Cant wait to see Thursday. .

TD1775

Apr 13, 2016
At least there is DM on the sponsor side, thats a little bit of goodness. I was under the impression that you only get the DM email/letter when the DM is made on the applicant side, perhaps Im wrong?
I too have visions of my file being under another big pile.
All through this though, I have to remind myself, when I sent in that application, 26 months was quoted as when it was to be complete. That was my expectation at that time. Anything that happens sooner is a bonus....dont get me wrong, I too get irritated when I see others who filed after me getting their landing completed.
My feelings are that you really should call your MP and see if there is anything they can do. I have set a deadline for myself and if I hear nothing by that date, I am calling our MP. It may be the only way to get a resolution.
Back in December 2016 it was announced that they were aiming to clear the backlog in applicants and that anyone with an application already in could expect a decision made by end of 2017. So fingers crossed we're all down to the last 5 months or so of waiting now and no one will have to see out the full 26 months in total!

"The changes mean anyone with an application currently in the system will see a decision on their case by December 2017 at the latest, while about 80 per cent of new applications will be processed within the 12-month timeline."

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/feds-to-drop-wait-times-for-spousal-sponsorship-applications-to-12-months/article33236782/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Back in December 2016 it was announced that they were aiming to clear the backlog in applicants and that anyone with an application already in could expect a decision made by end of 2017. So fingers crossed we're all down to the last 5 months or so of waiting now and no one will have to see out the full 26 months in total!

"The changes mean anyone with an application currently in the system will see a decision on their case by December 2017 at the latest, while about 80 per cent of new applications will be processed within the 12-month timeline."

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/feds-to-drop-wait-times-for-spousal-sponsorship-applications-to-12-months/article33236782/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile
I hope they hold to this, I don't know if I believe them anymore. If we get done by end of 2017 it will make our total wait 21 months, but at this point anything less than the 26 month timeline seems like a miracle.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
I applied in August 2015 and when I called to ask why my application had stalled, the agent at the call center said I still have 2 months so I believe it depends on how fast or slow the case processing agent working your case.

Reactions: rizaki

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I applied in August 2015 and when I called to ask why my application had stalled, the agent at the call center said I still have 2 months so I believe it depends on how fast or slow the case processing agent working your case.
No I think it has much more to do with security checks done in collaboration with other countries. The agent makes a decision based on the evidences he has in front of him, he doesn't have to think over several months, the decision is quite fast to take once he has everything in front of him.
The call center is good only to know if anything is missing from your side and to get the status of your application (if you ask very specific questions). Other than that, they are known to have very limited knowledge of the process.

With the timeline you have, I would definitely recommend the sponsor to seek help from the MP. No guarantee that it will unblock, but you've got nothing to lose. Either it will have no effect at all, or it will finally move.

We were also August 2015 applicants, and at some point we also felt left behind, but it finally came to the end. SA/AIP/DM came within 24 hours in March 2017 and my wife landed on May 26th, 2017.

I most definitely wish you to get news anytime now!!!

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I hope they hold to this, I don't know if I believe them anymore. If we get done by end of 2017 it will make our total wait 21 months, but at this point anything less than the 26 month timeline seems like a miracle.
I understand your feeling, but once it will move, you very likely will get AIP and DM with 24 hours. Then landing 2-8 weeks later.
Did you order your GCMS notes to see if there was anything wrongly entered or to see if there was any specific notes regarding your application?

TD1775

Apr 13, 2016
I understand your feeling, but once it will move, you very likely will get AIP and DM with 24 hours. Then landing 2-8 weeks later.
Did you order your GCMS notes to see if there was anything wrongly entered or to see if there was any specific notes regarding your application?
We are end of June 2016 applicants. We received AIP last month with a request to re-send police documents. We did that the same day. The medicals have been passed already so all's that's left is the background check I assume. Based on the way things are currently going do you think we can hope for DM pretty soon (e.g. a matter of weeks)?

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16

Well I got started September 1, 2016 and will come to an end August 17,2017.
Pretty close to that understanding but , do not forget, there are many applicants , for various reasons, who are still waiting. I guess that's where they mentioned the 80% completion target.
All the best to those still waiting.

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi Folks, How are you
May 09, 2016 Applicant. Sponsor CIC status is "Decision Made" since May 29 2017. He received a letter that you are good to sponsor.

I am have nothing received after that. Medicals upfront. FBI + Proof of cohabitation submitted in June 2017.

Any Body on the same boat with me ? 15 months already over for me.

Thanks Guys. This thread is amazing .

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Hi Folks, How are you
May 09, 2016 Applicant. Sponsor CIC status is "Decision Made" since May 29 2017. He received a letter that you are good to sponsor.

I am have nothing received after that. Medicals upfront. FBI + Proof of cohabitation submitted in June 2017.

Any Body on the same boat with me ? 15 months already over for me.

Thanks Guys. This thread is amazing .
same boat as you almost exactly, except April 2016 applicant. sponsor status "Decision Made" but no letter ever came. nothing received after that, medicals are approved, everything else seems good, just waiting and waiting and waiting. I am starting to doubt the earlier "promise" that us 2016 applicants should be finished by the end of this year

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
We are end of June 2016 applicants. We received AIP last month with a request to re-send police documents. We did that the same day. The medicals have been passed already so all's that's left is the background check I assume. Based on the way things are currently going do you think we can hope for DM pretty soon (e.g. a matter of weeks)?
Anything you submit takes 45-60 days to get attached to your file. So if you submitted the police check about a month ago, I would expect you to get news in 2-4 weeks.