+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
MP's (and MPP's) can act on your behalf to correct problems in laws and governing bodies. If there is a problem, they are paid by you (your taxes) to represent you to the government. They are supposed to help you find solutions to problems.

In this case, I want the deadlock corrected at IRCC. They are happy to help us, and they have already received my completed authorization (for them to act and communicate on my behalf).

If nothing else, that is how you bypass the call centre ;)

EDIT: And no you can contact the MP if you have any concern or issue with anything to do with Canada's federal government. You can contact your MPP to tell them to get rid of Kathleen Wynne....
mhmmmm... I wonder if the MP could plead my cause for a faster OWP process; after all they are paid with people's taxes, right.
(I am kidding, of course; I didn't take it well what the CIC lady told me yesterday and I'm frustrated that instead of getting the paper in the mail now I have to start the waiting from the beginning...)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
mhmmmm... I wonder if the MP could plead my cause for a faster OWP process; after all they are paid with people's taxes, right.
(I am kidding, of course; I didn't take it well what the CIC lady told me yesterday and I'm frustrated that instead of getting the paper in the mail now I have to start the waiting from the beginning...)
Ya do it. Get your husband to call them (the constituent has to call). They will send you an authorization form. If you express that you didn't realise you were out of status, and you corrected it, you may find an OWP growing like a magic beanstalk in your mailbox!

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We used a lawyer to do the processing of my papers, she's the only one who can access my application online, i was wondering if there's anyway for me to view it myself using my own cic account. I kinda feel that paying her 6 grand isnt worth it since she doesnt give me an update unless i ask her. Is there anyway i could link my application to my account? Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
We used a lawyer to do the processing of my papers, she's the only one who can access my application online, i was wondering if there's anyway for me to view it myself using my own cic account. I kinda feel that paying her 6 grand isnt worth it since she doesnt give me an update unless i ask her. Is there anyway i could link my application to my account? Thank you
6 is low. We were quoted 10 for retainer, and probably 13 by the time it was all over.

You cannot link to the myCIC without breaking the link your lawyer has to your application. You can only log into ECAS.

If you have decided to terminate your relationship with your lawyer, then you can fill out the Use of a Representative to terminate that access, then switch your myCIC over. You could also try to order your case notes, but it's hit and miss for delivery times (about 30 days is typical...though I am over 60 now and as you might have seen above, I am having my MP chase them now).

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hey everyone I checked my ecase this morning now the new date of modified october 25,2016 and yes my hubby application for inland sponsorship still in process no decision made :) and like to know what does it mean when they say last date modified what does it mean and has anyone in team 2016 have their date modified to october 25 2016.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
Hey everyone I checked my ecase this morning now the new date of modified october 25,2016 and yes my hubby application for inland sponsorship still in process no decision made :) and like to know what does it mean when they say last date modified what does it mean and has anyone in team 2016 have their date modified to october 25 2016.
I have no idea where in ECAS you see a date modified....

I can guarantee our file will say it was modified .... :D

EDIT: No that "Date Modified" is relating to the webpage, not your application specifically....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So, profiler has an answer from his MP's office...

They followed up with ATIP... and that should be coming in any day (they lied to the MP's communication liaison... but whatever..). Claimed that the clock didn't start ticking for delivery until I sent a corrected consent (even though an email they sent me stated that they agreed it was late -- in September..)

But, they went on to ask about the general status of the application....

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
You will find the modified date in the bottom right side and usually say date modified and I called the cic agent and asked them what does it mean so they told me that normally when an cic officer is working on it depends they will put a date that they finish doing something or some do not brother doing that it is like a sign off :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You'll find that on all government sites. Look at weather.gc.ca, or statcan.gc.ca, or ic.gc.ca (this one hasn't been modified since August!)

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
So, profiler has an answer from his MP's office...

They followed up with ATIP... and that should be coming in any day (they lied to the MP's communication liaison... but whatever..). Claimed that the clock didn't start ticking for delivery until I sent a corrected consent (even though an email they sent me stated that they agreed it was late -- in September..)

But, they went on to ask about the general status of the application....
That consent form has caused you nothing but trouble. I don't know why you didn't just apply again online, once for you, once for the PA like the rest of us on here.

What did they say about the general status of the application?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
That consent form has caused you nothing but trouble. I don't know why you didn't just apply again online, once for you, once for the PA like the rest of us on here.

What did they say about the general status of the application?
We are in SIR. They didn't comment on the PCC sent (MP's office is following up on that for me). They did comment on additional proofs I sent (and CIC was appreciative of those). General State is they are completing eligibility checks on my wife and myself in parallel right now. Her side is in the criminality checking stage. They can only cite what the website says for processing times (26 months; despite me telling the MP it was wrong as well, as per CIC's own stats).

And the MP's communication liaison offered to follow up every couple months for us -- so we don't have to keep ordering notes -- it's free for them to do, and they get answers within a few minutes; not 30 days.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
We are in SIR. They didn't comment on the PCC sent (MP's office is following up on that for me). They did comment on additional proofs I sent (and CIC was appreciative of those). General State is they are completing eligibility checks on my wife and myself in parallel right now. Her side is in the criminality checking stage. They can only cite what the website says for processing times (26 months; despite me telling the MP it was wrong as well, as per CIC's own stats).

And the MP's communication liaison offered to follow up every couple months for us -- so we don't have to keep ordering notes -- it's free for them to do, and they get answers within a few minutes; not 30 days.
Cool. Your tax dollars at work.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:

Wow that's great! Seems like these MP guys do a really good job.
Again, only the sponsor can contact the MP, as a Canadian citizen, not the applicant, right?!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Wow that's great! Seems like these MP guys do a really good job.
Again, only the sponsor can contact the MP, as a Canadian citizen, not the applicant, right?!
Technically it's the "constituent". So that would be a Citizen, PR, or Refugee. A FTW *could* talk to them, but it would be more meaningful to have your husband reach out to your MP first. Then once they know who he (and by extension, you) are, they you should be able to talk to them direct.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
Technically it's the "constituent". So that would be a Citizen, PR, or Refugee. A FTW *could* talk to them, but it would be more meaningful to have your husband reach out to your MP first. Then once they know who he (and by extension, you) are, they you should be able to talk to them direct.
Great! Thanks.