Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
val____val said:
Hello everyone!

I've requested my application notes like a week ago and, surprisingly, next day got email with an interview invitation :eek: with 6 day notice only!!!! I know that usually most people get 10-14 days notice. Any thoughts weather it's coincides or something is up?...

My in-land application timeline:
App received - 24 April 2015
Started processing - 19 June 2015
OWP - 29 July 2015
Medical - July 2016
SA - October 2016
Interview email - 21 October 2016 with appointment on 27 October

Process' been very smooth, never got any additional requests from CIC

Any advice/ experience on in-land landing interview in Calgary?

Thank you all!
You sure it's a landing interview? If so, Congrats! There was some post somewhere on landing in Calgary. The interview isn't really -- usually 1-3 questions just to make sure the application is still valid (criminal offences in Canada? Undeclared kids, etc.)

They are trying to land as many cases as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they email us and ask us to attend next day.

val____val

Nov 30, 2015
profiler said:
You sure it's a landing interview? If so, Congrats! There was some post somewhere on landing in Calgary. The interview isn't really -- usually 1-3 questions just to make sure the application is still valid (criminal offences in Canada? Undeclared kids, etc.)

They are trying to land as many cases as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they email us and ask us to attend next day.
Yes, it is landing for sure ;D
Just can't find much about it here. Only one vague post...although it was positive - same as you said :)
let's wait may be anyone else can provide some more info :)
Thank you profiler!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
profiler said:
Imagine a kid with a last name this long: [-------]-[-----------]

Yeah my wife wanted to change too, but we were only following advice... here's to hoping!
And then add in the kids that have a hyphenated first name and middle too! :)

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
val____val said:
Hello everyone!

I've requested my application notes like a week ago and, surprisingly, next day got email with an interview invitation :eek: with 6 day notice only!!!! I know that usually most people get 10-14 days notice. Any thoughts weather it's coincides or something is up?...

My in-land application timeline:
App received - 24 April 2015
Started processing - 19 June 2015
OWP - 29 July 2015
Medical - July 2016
SA - October 2016
Interview email - 21 October 2016 with appointment on 27 October

Process' been very smooth, never got any additional requests from CIC

Any advice/ experience on in-land landing interview in Calgary?

Thank you all!
Yay!! Congrats!! I actually saw a few people in my area only get 2 days notice!...in fact i think 1 was the next day. As profiler said, it's just basic questions nothing to stress about--they already have the info and making sure nothing changed.
Are you on the spreadsheet. I see a name similar to you. (I can update if it's you--just need to know the day you got your SA)

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Morning, crew!

Updates on my OWP issue: called CIC yesterday to make sure everything is ok now that I'm back in status. Talked to a very nice lady that apparently took the time to check (put me on hold for more than 10 mins) and she told me since I was out of status when I applied, my OWP won't be processed until AIP - 16 month. Her advice was to send a new app and wait another 4 month instead of 12, now that I have my ducks in a row. So I did that, new app sent yesterday to Vegreville.
I won't withdraw my first app for the moment because well... who knows...

Do you think that having 2 apps pending for the same thing will slow my process?

Anyway, I just wanted to say, for anyone in my situation: first ROS, than OWP, folks!!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Morning, crew!

Updates on my OWP issue: called CIC yesterday to make sure everything is ok now that I'm back in status. Talked to a very nice lady that apparently took the time to check (put me on hold for more than 10 mins) and she told me since I was out of status when I applied, my OWP won't be processed until AIP - 16 month. Her advice was to send a new app and wait another 4 month instead of 12, now that I have my ducks in a row. So I did that, new app sent yesterday to Vegreville.
I won't withdraw my first app for the moment because well... who knows...

Do you think that having 2 apps pending for the same thing will slow my process?

Anyway, I just wanted to say, for anyone in my situation: first ROS, than OWP, folks!!!
hmm... So there isn't anything in the manual about slowing it down. But they will probably reject one of them. So the lady may have had reasonable advice. That said, if it was mine, I would probably just cancel the one you have submitted already and submit a new one. Keeping in mind that, AIP may never come, if you are slid into the SIR (it's a long shot, but certainly possible). I am holding onto hope that you will make the cut :)

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
hmm... So there isn't anything in the manual about slowing it down. But they will probably reject one of them. So the lady may have had reasonable advice. That said, if it was mine, I would probably just cancel the one you have submitted already and submit a new one. Keeping in mind that, AIP may never come, if you are slid into the SIR (it's a long shot, but certainly possible). I am holding onto hope that you will make the cut :)
Yep, already mailed the new one yesterday to Vegreville. I wanna let em both apps on even though I guess I won't be able to link the second one to myCIC. There's something itching my brain that maybe if they see the both apps the OWP will come a lil earlier than 4 months from now... It's a hail Mary, I know...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Yep, already mailed the new one yesterday to Vegreville. I wanna let em both apps on even though I guess I won't be able to link the second one to myCIC. There's something itching my brain that maybe if they see the both apps the OWP will come a lil earlier than 4 months from now... It's a hail Mary, I know...
So, if my wife and I submit another inland PR application, will it come before december? :)

Maybe that's how we should tackle the assumption of my last name? MAYBE THEY WILL SEND ME MY CASE NOTES!

Sorry, it's turning into salty-everyday

Neonnick

Jul 19, 2015
Hello Maria, i have a question. me and my wife live here in canada. i sponsored my wife this june and our application reached cic on 16th june 2016. when we applied my wife was out of status. should we wait till AIP to get the OWP or reapply for a new OWP?

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Neonnick said:
Hello Maria, i have a question. me and my wife live here in canada. i sponsored my wife this june and our application reached cic on 16th june 2016. when we applied my wife was out of status. should we wait till AIP to get the OWP or reapply for a new OWP?
When did her status expire? She can apply for restoration within 90 days. After she's back in status, with a new OWP app she can qualify for the pilot project. If she's been out of status for more than 90 days she cannot restore it and should wait for the AIP. Reapplying now if she has not corrected her status won't matter, you will just spend the money for nothing...

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
So, if my wife and I submit another inland PR application, will it come before december? :)

Maybe that's how we should tackle the assumption of my last name? MAYBE THEY WILL SEND ME MY CASE NOTES!

Sorry, it's turning into salty-everyday
Yeah... I know I'm just fooling myself but it keeps my spirit up! Damn, and I just cranked such a stunning resume....
Well I guess until winter will be over I'm gonna specialize myself in baking north american style pies ;D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I wonder why they still call it a pilot project? It was a huge success. PGP is a total flop (most PGP sponsors end up broke because the P or GP requires social assistance)...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Yeah... I know I'm just fooling myself but it keeps my spirit up! Damn, and I just cranked such a stunning resume....
Well I guess until winter will be over I'm gonna specialize myself in baking north american style pies ;D
mmmMmmmMm pies...

Honestly, I have a feeling they will accept it. One of them anyway. For me, they don't even want to answer me anymore...

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Neonnick said:
thanks Maria for the reply. it was more than 90 days.. now how long it takes for the AIP?
The official timeline is 16 month since the app was received.
HOWEVER:
- you may qualify for SIR which means they skip from AOR right to DM (so no AIP, but a way faster processing time - average 9 month; see profiler's equation )
- See the 2016 spreadsheet where are many cases reported to get the AIP much much faster than 16 months.
Conclusion: there is no certain answer, but a high probability of being less than 16 months